Come Down With Love

chapter 15

“I love you Mickey, Thanks so much” I said smiling and wiping the tears from my eyes. “Now stop crying and enjoy your Saturday, and tonight have fun with Zach. Ok Best friend?” “Ok Best friend” I said and hung up the phone.

Mikey’s right I need to stop being so afraid and just get out there and live my life. I was suddenly twice as excited to go out with Zach tonight, but he hadn’t texted me yet to tell me what we were going to do. "Liza" I heard someone yell from downstairs. I got up and walked out my bedroom door. It was Travis. "yeah trav?" I asked. "I'm going to go get some ice cream, wanna come?" "yeah, that sounds great let me just go get my wallet" I said. "Liza you don't need that it's on me" "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, now come on let's go" he said and chuckled cause I almost fell as I ran down the stairs. I put on my favorite pink flip flops and got in the car. "Dairy Queen sound good to you" he asked. "yeah fine by me" Travis turned on the radio and turned the volume way up cause one of his favorite songs Yeah 3X by Chris brown came on. "this is my jam" he yelled and began singing the words. "yeah yeah yeah I gotta see you tonight" he sang. "ah what the heck" I whispered and began to sing along with Travis. The song ended and we both laughed. This is so much better then sitting at home feeling sorry for myself I kept thinking. We got to Dairy Queen and pulled into a parking spot. "what do you want Liza, I'll order and you can go find us a place to sit" "ok, umm just get me a hot fudge sundae , please" I said. I walked over and sat in a booth by a nice window. A few minutes later Travis came over, “here you go one hot fudge sundae” he said and sat down across from me. “Thanks, what did you get” I asked digging into my sundae. “oh just a oreo flurry” “Oh yum, so I’m a little curious and I don’t mean this in a bad way, but what the hell is going on with you?” I asked. “Jeez, Well ok then I won’t invite you to come next time!” “No I just don’t understand why your all of a sudden being so nice again?” I noted. “That’s exactly it I’m trying to make up for the fact that I’ve been a complete ass to just about everyone these last couple weeks” “Well I could tell there was something wrong you just wouldn’t tell me!” “Well, I wasn’t trying to be like that I was just really stressed out and I took it out on everybody” He admitted. “ok, why were you so stressed out?” “Cause it was the end of the football season and I wasn’t doing that good in any games and I was worried about the upcoming game because there was going to a big time scout there and I didn’t want to mess up” He replied. “Travis, you could of just told us that” “I figured you guys would just tell me to quit worrying about it and stuff like that, but it doesn’t matter anymore..” “why?” I asked. “Because i’m done with high school football, next year I will be playing for the University of California” “Travis that’s great” I shrieked, everybody looked at me. “yepp, full scholarship and everything” “This is so awesome” I said and gave him a high five. “And I haven’t told mom and dad yet so don’t say anything to them, I told them I need to tell them something though so I’m taking them out to dinner tonight” “They are going to be so proud, I’m proud of you also” I said and got up to give him a hug. “Thanks Liz” he replied. We both sat back down and continued to eat our ice cream. “So what are you doing tonight?” Travis asked. “O, going out” I replied nervously. “with who?” He questioned. “Ok I’m going out with Zach, Zach Porter”
“That new kid?” “yeah, but he’s not a complete stranger Mickey’s known him for years and says he’s a great guy, and I agree” I explained. “I will be the judge of that.” He said. Oh great that’s what I needed on my second date with Zach was an over protective brother to evaluate him. I mean I love that all my guy friends and brother are always looking out for me but sometimes I would just like some space. My phone went off and I checked it. It was a text message from Zach and my face immediately began to glow with a smile. “How does bowling sound?” I read. Bowling I haven’t gone bowling in forever maybe that’s because I’m like the worst bowler in the world. “Sounds fun, but I will warn you that giving me a heavy bowling ball is kinda dangerous” I sent back. “Is that him?” Travis asked. “Maybe..” “Well tell him I need to have a little talk with him” He said. “Travis, I love you but I like this guy and I would like there to be more than a second date so I think I’m going to wait a little while before I let my family scare him” I teased.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its another chapter thats kinda off topic but its been weeks since i have updated so i figured i should just post it the way it is. I'm hoping to get another chapter written and posted very soon (: Well please comment and tell your friends and for those who have commented and subscribed thank you soo sooo soo much