One Shot, One Beer, and a Kiss Before I Go

01

I woke up with a pounding headache.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I began to grow aware of my surroundings. Like how I was earlier, there were people passed out all on the floor. Some had their mouths open, some were naked, some were gripping weird things like.....a plunger for instance. I looked around and saw a couple of tipped over chairs and broken lamps. There were weird paint splatters on the wall and confetti on just about everyone. A blanket swung in continuous circles on the ceiling fan.

My eyes were fully opened now and I saw that I was in my boxers. “Shit....what the hell happened last night?” I ran a hand through hair, feeling something sticky. “Is this peanut butter? Fuck!” I began flapping my hand, but the peanut butter stuck.

I looked desperately at the cracked clock on the ground that read five A.M. I had no recollection of what happened last night at all. I picked up an empty beer bottle that laid at my feet. Okay, I was drinking. And obviously, this is someone's party. And that means.....my head began pounding again. Shit. Fucking hangovers.

I scrambled out of the blanket I was under and struggled to walk. I swung to the side and nearly fell on top of a guy in his whitie tidies, a banana sticking out of his mouth. I squinted closer at the guy who had a hint of recognition.

“Josh?” I shook his shoulder. “Josh?”

Josh let out a groan and rolled over to the other side out of the couch, his hand smacking my nose in the process.

“Shit!” I held my nose and felt something wet leaking out of my nostrils.. “That freaking hurts!” I grabbed a pillow and threw it at his head. Once again he rolled over and onto the floor, where he groaned in the process.

I rolled my eyes and stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing a counter to keep from falling. The sweet scent of fresh brewed coffee filled the air. I glanced over in its direction and saw a girl, fully dressed, helping herself to a cup. She turned in my direction and gave off a look of no surprise.

“Good morning.”

“Morning....” I murmured.

“Would you like some coffee? It'll help relieve your headache for a bit.”

“Anything to help it,” I grumbled, taking a full mug from her. I took a long sip, feeling the hot liquid run down my throat. I waited a few seconds, not really feeling an effect at all. I gulped the rest of it down to be polite. “So, what happened last night?”

“Remember? We graduated last night,” She paused to take a sip of coffee. “Finn Thompson invited everyone who graduated last night to party at his house. He found his father's stash of alcohol and we spent the night drinking as underage kids. I was just surprised as you are. I didn't expect it to go this crazy.”

“I don't even remember anything.”

“I noticed,” She chuckled. “because you're in your boxers.”

“Dammit!” I had completely forget that I was almost naked, stripped down to my navy blue boxers. In front of a girl too! She was actually pretty cute, with long, straight, layered light auburn hair falling a little past her shoulders. She also wore black frame glasses, falling over green-hazel eyes that appealed to me the most, because it shined so brightly. Her white floral dress hugged her hips perfectly, the straps covered by a thrown on light blue cardigan.

“Hm,” She opened the dish washer and pulled out a gray v-neck and jeans, which was ironically my clothes.

“How did you know they were in there?” She turned around and I quickly slipped my clothes on.

“Lucky guess. I found someone's underwear in the refrigerator earlier.”

“At least they don't have peanut butter in their hair.”

She chuckled and I studied her small figure. She was definitely seemed alien to these kind of parties, based on how quiet she was and the way she was dressed. She turned around and I turned away, not wanting her to notice that I was staring at her. “Oh, you know your nose is bleeding right?”

“Shit!” I grabbed my nose again and she passed me a towel with an amused smile.

“You sure like to swear a lot. I heard you swearing just a couple of minutes again.”

“Sorry,” I replied meekly, dabbing my nose. “So, do you want a ride home or something? I don't plan to stay here any longer.”

“Thanks, but no thanks. I came here with my cousin, who dragged me here and now he has the responsibility of driving me home.” She gave me an intimidating smile, sending a shiver down my spine.

“Alrighty then...” I turned to leave but stopped for one last favor. “What's your name?”

“Autumn Guithere. And yours?”

“Stephen Gomez.”

“Well, it's nice to meet you Stephen. I hope we can meet somewhere more...decent...next time, when you're not half naked and hungover.”

“Um....thanks?” I left the kitchen and kicked Josh's ass. To my astonishment, he woke up.

“What?” His voice was all irritated and groggy.

“We gotta go now, find your shit and let's go.”

“What? Why?” Josh sat up and rubbed his head. “What happened last night? The fuck....is this whipped cream in my hair?”

“Forget your hair, we gotta go now. Our parents already know we didn't come home last night and we're in deep shit. Don't make it worse.” I picked up a purple shirt off the floor and tossed it to him. “Come on.”

“Is this even mine?”

“Who gives a crap Josh? Come on. Come on. Come on.”

“You're more pissy than usual.” Josh groaned, putting on the random shirt. He stood up and I had forgotten that he had no pants on.

“Really Josh? Whitie tidies?”

“They're comfortable.” He protested. “Bro, I can't find my pants.”

“Never mind then, let's just get to the car.” I gripped the door knob, where a bra hung and threw open the door. “Shit. Where did I park the car?”

“I think you should worry about if someone stole it.”

I squinted and spotted the car just across the street, luckily still parked in its same spot, untouched. “Found it!”

“Hey Stephen.” Josh tapped my shoulder and pointed in the direction of the house. “Look.”

I turned around and my eyes widened. The whole house was completely covered in toilet paper and eggs. Someone had sprayed painted, “Class of 2005 bitches!” on the door and there were people passed out on the lawn, gripping red cups. I shuddered when I saw a naked couple huddled together under a blanket and someone's bare butt was facing up, while the culprit was faced down on the grass.

“What the hell happened last night?” I echoed, as we hurried away to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of the Stephen sequel! :D

I hope you'll like the story <3
Thank you all for reading!
Already 10 subscribers for this story! Thank you :D