Status: I'm on hiatus until June 27th 2012 due to my GCSE's. Please, please stick with this.

Concealed Within

prologue

Her parents called it an obsession, possibly related to a phsychological disorder, and sent her to a therapist every wednesday afternoon. Her friends didn't talk about it when she was around, but secretly called it 'freaky' and 'weird' behind her back. Her teacher's called it a nuisance and to try and solve the problem set her more homework to pile upon the masses she already had. The local priest called it sinful whenever she missed church because of it, and would request Caja to come to confession.

Caja called it love.

She would look at the waves, she would gaze at their wild personalities and ferocious beauty and would long to be able to live in the endless water; to be able to submerge into it's great depths never to return. Of course it was love, how could anybody look at this great expanse of sparkling blue and green and feel anything but love? Looking upon the Sea, her heart would swell to what would seem to be an impossible size with love and her mouth would turn upwards. It was the only time she ever smiled anymore.

The feel of the water licking her toes, or biting at her legs when she delved deeper in made her tingle with pleasure. The salty smell of her hair when she returned from the beach made her feel safe, meaning whenever she finished showering she felt exposed and vulnerable, naked to the world. The way the waves caught the light differently each time sparked the interest of the artist in her, and her room was covered with paintings and sketches of the sea, and all that it entailed. The fish brushing her skin tickled and she would have fun pretending to run away from them. It was during that time, when it was just the sea and Caja, that she would laugh and laugh, without a care in the world.

It wasn't just the sea itself that fascinated her; it was the myths surrounding it. Surrounding her bed were roughly made piles of books, close to falling over, on all manner of things. The Makara, better known as the Dragon Makara or Sea Beast, the Ashrays or Water Lovers, the Kraken, the Nereids, the Selkies and hundreds more.

Even though all of these fascinated Caja hugely there was one creature that fascinated her the most: the siren, better known as the mermaid. She didn't know exactly why this was. Perhaps it was the fact that out of all of these creatures, the mermaid was the one that related most to her; the one creature that according to legend, a human could become or vice versa. Perhaps it was because of their untold beauty, something to self-confessed plain jane Caja seemed to be a type of magic in itself. Maybe it was even just the fact that there had been myths surrounding Mermaids involving the small cornish village of Angarrack where she lived.

The fact that Caja didn't know why didn't bother her. In fact when her dreams of the sea - she rarely dreamed of anything else, and if she did it was a nightmare - became more centered around Mermaids she revelled in it. Mainly during these dreams, she herself was a mermaid. A mermaid with untold beauty and an expanse of pearls to do with whatever she may have chose to do. She would swim and play in the sea to her hearts content, never having to come up for air. She had her own house made out of coral, and she would have so many friends she was never without someone to talk to. She was the most graceful mermaid, and many people came to watch her dance. If the endless playdates and swimming and dancing got to much for her, then she could resurface and sit on her special rock, combing her hair and singing.

Sometimes, when the dreams ended, Caja cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
</3
this sucks, I know,
I just wanted to get something posted.