Status: Active

Natalie's Room

Marissa's Journal

A WEEK LATER

It has been a week since Marissa’s death yet the memory of her still glued in John’s mind. The police had closed her case because all clue that they could find lead them to a suicide. John was pretty upset because he couldn’t stand loosing another important people in his life but after hearing Anna’s confession right after she gained her full consciousness his heart broke into pieces again. John ended up blaming himself for what happened toward Natalie, Anna and also Marissa. Meanwhile on the other side Danielle couldn’t forgive Marissa but Tanner was there for her all the time and she kept telling her to let this go, that this was the best for all of them. It was Sunday morning and John decided to go back to Boston to tell all of Marissa relatives and friends about what happened. As much as it hurts, he had to do it. He walked through the hospital alley making his way to Anna’s room when he met Tanner.

“Good Morning, John.” Tanner greeted.

“Morning, where’s Danielle?”

“At home, she’s still pretty bummed about Marissa’s death, even though it’s almost a week, but I can understand her feelings. She wants Marissa to pay for what she did to Natalie.” Tanner explained as they both reached Anna’s room.

“I’m going back to Boston today, please look after Anna for me.” John smiled and Tanner gave him a little nodded “don’t blame yourself for what happened to these girls. It’s out of your hand.” Tanner continued before he left. As much as he wanted to believe that, he couldn’t. If only he wasn’t being so ignorant then none of this would happen. He entered Anna’s room as he saw Anna who was sleeping. He couldn’t help himself to smile at her as he stroked Anna’s hair gently to wake her up. God knows how much he loved this girl for everything she went through with him.

“Wake up, sleeping beauty.” John whispered through Anna’s ear. As Anna opened her eyes, she held John’s face “Are you sure you want to go back to Boston alone? You know I could come too since I could go home today.”

“Hey, didn’t you hear what the doctor told you? You still need a couple days to rest, you can go home because you’re insisted. If Tanner didn’t have your back, you’re probably still here till you’re fully recover.” John looked into Anna’s eyes, he told Anna about his feelings a week ago and surprisingly after all these messed she still accepted his feelings for her. John couldn’t help but smiled on her as Anna giggled before they shared a sweet and romantic kiss.

Danielle called Tanner about her departure to Boston, she was planning to catch on John to see the life Marissa had through. But of course no one knew but Tanner about this, she told Tanner to keep it a secret because she knew John wouldn’t let her come along.

“Tanner? It’s me. I’m on my way to the airport.”

“Okay, listen..i hope you find what you’re looking for there.” Tanner said as with a sigh. He actually didn’t approve this plan, but no one can stop Danielle when she’s into something.
“Thanks, don’t worry. I know it’ll be worth it.” She said as she hung up.

The clock stroke 5pm, John had already waiting in the airport lounge. His flight was at 6, so he still have an hour. He was sipping a cup of coffee before someone approached him.

“Danielle?!” he stood up in shock.

“I saw it coming.” Danielle said in a flat tone and took a sit next to john.

“What are you doing here?”

“Marissa, I want to know more.”

“What else do you want to know? Anna told us everything.”

“I want to know what kind of life she’s been through.” John sighed when he heard Danielle, guilt took over him. He couldn’t see Danielle suffered again because of him. He wish he could send Danielle home right now.

“It’s not your fault, John.” Danielle said as he held John’s hand and then they got on the plane headed to Boston.

It was a pretty long flight for both of them, when they arrived John offered Danielle to stay at his place and she accepted the offer. They made their way to John’s house, put their stuffs and took a rest. They both preparing themselves for everything they’d face tomorrow.
The sun came up and the clock stroke 8, John knocked Danielle’s room as she opened it and they had a breakfast together.

“We should go to Marissa’s house.” Danielle said as she took a sip of her tea.

“You sure you want to go there?” John asked with a little hope she would change her mind. But of course a yes is a yes for Danielle.

“Positive.” Danielle smiled. After they finished their breakfast both of them made their way to Marissa’s house. Both of them were in silent when they finally reached Marissa’s house, John approached one of Marissa’s neighbor and they talked about what happened to Marissa. The neighbor was pretty shock to hear that even though she told John and Danielle that Marissa was barely talked to anyone from the neighbor but since she lived next door, she used to have a little talk with Marissa and from her opinion Marissa is a nice girl. Marissa even gave her house key before she went to New York, she said in case something happened. Danielle asked her if she could enter the house as The neighbor kindly gave Marissa’s house key to Danielle.
“Rest in peace, dear Marissa.” The neighbor said before leaving John and Danielle infront of Marissa’s house.

Danielle opened the door and entered the room with John, they walked around the house and ended up entering Marissa’s room. John took a look at Marissa’s desk and found her journal, he opened it and saw his picture in it, Danielle walked toward John and John gave Marissa’s journal to her before he left the room. Danielle started to open it’s pages and began reading it one by one. Tears started streaming down on her cheek as the journal spilled out everything she needed to know about Marissa.

“I killed Natalie yesterday but everyone seemed to think that it was John who put and end of her misery. I saw John’s face and I knew that I did a big mistake. But it was too late to regret it, I’ll make it up to him by replacing Natalie’s place with my presence. Just the way it should be. I’m sorry Natalie. It should’ve been me, not you.”

Danielle dropped her jaw and wiped her tears, anger started to hit her.

“John is going back to New York today, it’s been a year since Natalie’s death and still…he didn’t see me. I don’t know what else to do for him to notice me, to notice my feeling for him. After St. Francis decided to kick him out, I decided to follow him as well. I tried to replace Natalie but nothing seemed to work. Is this a karma from you, Natalie? Instead of finding a new person, he’s going back to see you? I wont give up, I’ll go back to New York and put an end to this.”

Danielle closed the journal and made her way to see John. He saw John downstairs, holding a picture of him, Natalie and Marissa. It's a picture that was taken by her. A picture that filled with a warm smile that covered with a hidden rage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry it took a loooong time for me to update this. I hope you enjoy this one! comments are appreciated :)