You Give Love a Bad Name

Back to Basics

He stared at me in shock as I had to relive the memories in my head, causing me to shake.

"Oh my God," he whispered, pulling me into one of his welcoming hugs that I missed so much. "I...I had no idea. I'm so sorry, Lena. If I knew, none of this would have happened."

"It just hurt me so much when you came over next day and said that you never wanted to see me again. And I didn't even know what I did," I sobbed into his chest as he started to rock me back and forth.

"H-How did it happen?" He asked me softly, hugging me tighter.

"Matt told me that he had something to show me outside," I started, quieting down a bit, and realizing how much I missed Frank. His hugs. His sympathy. Just Frank in general. I missed him being my best friend. "So I followed him, never realizing that he was a threat, seeing as he was my boyfriend and all, to one of the classrooms. That's where I saw Valerie and that guy. I turned to go, telling Matt that I had to find you so I could tell you about what I saw, but he grabbed my hand, saying that he was sick and tiered hearing me talk about you all the time. He said that he was my boyfriend and not you, making him my main priority.

"Then he said that he was tiered of me acting like a tease, since I refused to have sex with him, and said that he waited long enough and didn't care if I gave him what he wanted willingly, anymore. Next thing I knew, I was inside another empty classroom and Matt was forcing himself onto me.

"Frank, if Gerard didn't find us while he was looking for a place to smoke, Matt would have raped me. As soon as he finished beating Matt's ass, Gerard found Mikey, and they drove me home. I was in such hysterics, that I forgot about Valerie. I'm truly sorry."

"I'm going to kill that piece of shit," Frank slowly pulled me away from his chest and gently started to wipe my tear trained face with his shirt. "I'm going to make him wish that he never walked this planet Earth."

"It's going to be kind off hard, seeing that Matt graduated last year and moved away," I tried to smile, happy that Frank wasn't glaring or throwing insults at me for a change.

"Doesn't matter. I'm tracking that motherfucker down," he assured me, hugging me once more.

"So, do you forgive me?" I asked him hopefully, wanting him to never stop hugging me, his touch soothing and calming at the same time.

"Do you forgive me? For being such an asshole to you for the past three months?" He whispered into my hair.

"Only if we forget everything that took place after Prom until now, and go back to the friendship we had before," I replied, feeling truly happy and complete in what seemed to be forever.

"Deal," he said quickly, pulling me away from his now tear strained shirt so he could see my face properly. "You have no idea how much I missed you, Lena."

I couldn't stop the grin from spreading on my face as I saw that he was looking at me with pure happiness. "I'm pretty sure I missed you more."

"Yeah, because that's possible, right?" he snorted as I laughed slightly. "Promise me something."

"Anything you want," I replied, my smile fading away as I looked at his now serious face in concern.

"Promise me that we will never pull this shit again, because I don't think I can take another three months without my other half in this lifetime," he told me, making me feel flattered as I realized that I couldn't agree with him more.

"Promise," I grinned, ruffling his mop of black hair. "Because to tell you the truth, life without the amazing Frank Iero sucks, even if it's only for a day."

"I'm keeping you to that promise." He whispered, taking my hand. "Now let's go and tell everyone the good news; Iero and Way, the terrible duo, are back together to terrorize the town of Belleville."

"Fuck that," I shook my head, laughing. "How about the whole Jersey?"