You Give Love a Bad Name

Twister

"Gerard, your crotch is in my face," Bob slurred, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

It was around two hours ago that I found out that my brothers and I would have the house all to ourselves till tomorrow and not till around midnight like we originally thought, seeing that our Dad gave us a call to say that he's attending a bachelor party for one of his friends and that we shouldn't expect him till around three in the afternoon the next day.

So what do nine teenagers do alone and unsupervised? In our case, it was a drunken game of Twister.

Gerard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively as he put his left leg on yellow. "I know."

I grinned as I watched a look of horror spread on Bob's face, his eyes growing wide with fear. "Eww, this game is getting kinda gay. Literally."

My oldest brother laughed, obviously pleased with himself. "You're so easy to fuck with."

Frank snorted beside me. "I think we're getting too old for this game."

"More like too drunk," I heard Mikey mumble from across the mat.

"But you're playing it anyway 'cause it's my favorite game, and today, anything I say, you do," Laurie giggled somewhere behind me.

It was safe to say that the only remotely sober people in this room were Mikey, Frank, and myself.

I knew for a fact that the reason Mikey was just a bit tipsy and not hammered was because alcohol was never his main focus when it came to parties. He just liked to socialize and maybe have a beer or two, but that's about it.

I, on the other hand, was a couple of shots away from being in that state where you do completely stupid things that you wouldn't normally do while being completely aware of it, so I was going to have one more beer or a shot today, but hardly anything more than that.

Why Frank was sober was a big mystery to me. He was Gerard's drinking buddy, and usually I'd have to drag both of them off the table, where they would be dancing or something close to that nature. But no, today Mr. Iero had about the same amount of alcohol that I did, which like I said before, puzzled me a great deal.

"Left hand green," Cara's happy voice carried across the room as she comfortably sat in Jake’s lap, holding the spinner as his arms snaked around her waist.

I looked around quickly, shaking the black strands of hair out of my face as I tried to locate the nearest green circle. Thankfully there was two of them next to my right hand, which enabled me to uncross my hands, making it look like I was doing a pushup. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Frank's tattooed hand take the other one.

"Jake! Stop!" I heard Cara giggle, sounding like she wanted anything to happen but her request.

I turned around to find Jake nuzzling into Cara's neck, her black and blue hair mixing in with his own honey brown. Smiling, I turned back to face the mat, happy that both of my friends were finally doing something about their obviously similar feelings, even it took half a bottle of Smirnoff to achieve that.

"Hey! Lovebirds! Spin the goddamn thing, will you?" Ray hissed in front of me, looking like a human pretzel.

"Right hand red," Jake announced in a smooth voice, due to the fact that he was tickling Cara and she was too busy laughing to actually say anything.

I groaned. To get to the nearest red circle without falling down, I would have to do a ninety degree angle, which would make me do kind of a bridge, or be in a inside out push up position. But after 30 minutes of hardcore Twister game, I wasn't about to be a pansy and give up.

I placed my right hand on the wretched circle only to find that Frank beat me to it, so now we were in an awkward position where I was inches away from his face and he was hovering over my body.

"You took my circle," I accused Frank, pouting slightly. "Go be a gentleman and find another one."

Frank smiled at me deviously. "I beg to differ. You took my circle, so you go find another one."

"I can't move, though," I protested, pointing out the obvious fact that if I moved, I would collapse and lose the game.

"You have my deepest condolences," he replied, looking anything but sorry.

"Frank you're a j-"

"ARGH!"

Both of us whipped our heads around towards the scream, to find that Cara was roaring with laughter as Jake tickled her elbows, obviously realizing that it was the spot that she was the most ticklish in. The spinning board laid forgotten on the floor as Cara wrestled to get away.

"Laurie, can we stop already?" Ray whined, looking painfully uncomfortable, every inch of his body twisted in unnatural direction.

"No," Laurie replied, sounding like he just suggested something unthinkable, like shaving off her hair, as she narrowed her blue eyes at now scared looking Ray.

"Planning on losing anytime soon, Way?" Frank's voice whispered right next to my ear, making me jump.

"Jeezus," I started heatedly, not at all amused. "I swear you do that on purpose, Frank. You know that I get scared easily. And no I'm not, thank you very much."

"We'll see about that," he smiled at me mischievously.

I was about to reply, but than I felt something vibrating in the left pocket of my jeans.

Frank must have felt it too, 'cause he raised an eyebrow. "Phone?"

"Yeah," I nodded, the vibrations throughout my whole body making me feel somewhat weird.

He chuckled, and I could smell the mint on his breath from the gum that he was chewing earlier, mixed with alcohol. "Answer it. It's rude to keep people waiting."

"There's always voicemail," I replied, knowing that in order to answer the phone, I would have to retreat from the game. And there is no way I would do that. Once I put my mind to something, I finished it, and today my goal was to win this stupid game of Twister.

Frank looked thoughtful for a moment, but than his features formed a sinister smirk. "Answer it, Lena."

"No," I refused, my mind set on victory.

His smirk grew wider and he started to lean towards me. "Do it."

"Uh," I started uneasily, leaning away from his face, which was growing closer to mine with every second. "Frank, what exactly are you doing?"

"Making you lose," he whispered sincerely, making me shudder.

"Well, I'm not going to, so...ha?" I trailed off, as his nose stopped centimeters away from mine, making my heart beat faster than usual.

"Ha," he confirmed, his hazel eyes starring me down.

I gulped, trying to make the butterflies in my stomach disappear.

Wait! My eyes widened in horror. Butterflies? As inbutterflies, butterflies?

Oh God... This was not happening...