You Give Love a Bad Name

Prom

"Matt, where are you taking me?" I laughed as my boyfriend grabbed my hand and pulled me outside, the music and excitement of Prom disappearing behind us.

"You'll see," he replied simply, shooting me ab brief crooked smile that he knew I adored.

I giggled and followed his footsteps, trusting him enough not to lead us anywhere stupid.

Matt and I have been together for three months now and our relationship was growing and improving with every second that we were together, and I was yet to find any fault in my boyfriend. He was just...
perfect in every way. He kissed me goodnight and good morning, called me everyday, walked me to my classes, and even agreed to watch sappy chick flicks with me that even my best friend since I was nine years old, Frank Iero, couldn't handle.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, watching Matt try to open a classroom door, which, to his dismay, was locked.

"Well, that's part of the surprise, isn't it?" he informed me, walking towards another door and trying it as well.

To his relief, this one opened with ease and he stepped inside, pulling me with him.

I recognized the room as my Chemistry classroom, dimly lit with milky, pale moonlight.

"Matt, wha-"

"What the hell?"

Both of us turned to look at the new, intruding voice, which came from the back of the classroom. To my relief, it was only some couple, angry at being interrupted during their heated makeout session.

"Sorry," I started to walk away when something caught my eye and I turned to face the couple again. "Wait, Valerie?"

I heard her groan.

"What's up, babe?" The guy asked Frank's girlfriend, planting another kiss on her lipstick smudged lips.

"It's Frank's sidekick," she replied, glaring at me.

"But...but what about
Frank?" I asked her, shock washing over me in waves of misery. "I thought you loved him!"

Valerie snorted and I could tell that she rolled her eyes. "
Please."

I started to feel anger boiling inside me. "How could you? He cares so mu-"

"Lena, leave it," Matt murmured beside me, whisking me outside.

"But," I started weakly, trying to resist, "Frank, I need to tell him."

He stopped walking and turned to glare at me. "Is Frank your boyfriend?"

I was taken aback and shook my head helplessly. "No, but-"

"Then stop acting like it and making him your main priority," he snapped, pushing me against some lockers. "I'm sick and tired of you constantly talking about that loser. Frank this, Frank that, I don't want to hear his name ever again as long as I live."

"You're hurting me," I whispered, finally finding that flaw that I was looking for. I was dating a self-centered asshole and was blind to that fact until now. "Let go of me."

"No, Lena," he hissed, brining his face closer to mine. "It's about what
I want now. Whatyou've deprived me since the beginning of this relationship, my dear."

I tried to push past him. "Let go of me, Matt! I mean it, or else it's over."

He laughed darkly and pushed me against the hard, metal lockers once more, 'causing a combination lock painfully dig into my shoulder blades. "You don't get it, do you?"

I was getting scared now. "What are you talking about?"

"I haven't had sex in three months because of you."

"Matt," I pleaded, trying to reason with him. "You know that-"

"I don't care about that stupid pact that you made with Cara. I don't
care if you want to wait till your wedding night, Lena," he sneered in my face and I could smell the nauseating smell of alcohol on his breath. "I've waited long enough."

My eyes widened in horror. "Matt-"

I was cut off as he forced his lips onto mine, not at all afraid to use force.

"Did you like that?" He asked me, smirking evilly, the insane shine in his eyes never ceasing it's twinkle. "Because there's more where this came from."

I shook my head, feeling my vision blur with hot tears. "Matt, ple-"

He cut me off once more, now practically shoving his tongue down my throat.

I tried to scream, but it was all in vain, it's wasn’t like anybody was going to hear me anyway. Everyone was enjoying themselves at Prom, where I wanted to be. Warm happy, safe, and away from Matt.

He started to unzip my dress from the back, obviously thinking that he were far enough from the gym for other people not to stumble on us and what he was doing to me.

I started to cry, knowing exactly what was going to happen. He was going to
rape me, and there was nothing I could do to stop this drunk, muscular football player.

"Lena?"

I opened my eyes, blinking a couple of times to get rid of the tears that blurred my vision, to see a miracle; Gerard, standing ten feet away from us next to a bush, a half lit cigarette in his hands and a shocked expression on his face.

"Lena? Why are you crying?" He started to walk to wards Matt and I as Matt ignored my oldest brother completely.

A look of realization washed over Gerard's face as his shock was replaced by anger. "Lena! Get your hands off my sister, you fucker.
LENA!"

I woke up, drenched with cold sweat and helplessly flowing tears as I gasped for breath.

It was a surprised that I didn't wake Frank up, who was snoring lightly besides my shuddering body.

"Frank?" I whimpered, shaking his shoulder slightly.

"Hmp," came a sleepy reply as he still laid in the same position with closed eyes. He didn't say anything else, which made me think that he fell asleep about a second after I uttered his name.

My suspicion came true after Frank give a light snore and mumbled something incomprehensible in his sleep.

"Frankie," I whispered numbly, shaking him even harder.

Slowly, almost in a daze-like state, he opened his hazel eyes to meet my green ones. His eyebrows narrowed in confusion as he took in my tear stained cheeks. "Lena, what's wrong?"

"I dreamed about Prom," I whispered, hating myself for being so weak that I let the past make me a nervous wreck. "I'm sorry I woke you up, Frank. Don't worry about it, just go back to sleep."

Frank sat up straighter, offering me a corner of his shirt to wipe my face with. "What are you crazy? The asshole almost rapes you, you have nightmares about it which reduce you to tears, and you expect me to go back to sleep? Well, you have another thing coming, then."

I tried to push Frank's shirt away from me, but to no avail. Frank cornered me in the corner of the couch, armed with the piece of black material that belonged to his Green Day shirt, carefully wiping my face with it.

I smiled slightly as Frank poked my nose on purpose, trying to distract me from my grim thoughts. "Now your shirt is going to be all wet and nasty 'cause of me."

He rolled his eyes and let go of my face. "That should be the least of your problems."

"Thank you," I looked away from Frank's caring face and towards sleeping Ray, his head resting against Gerard's shoulder, who fell asleep in the same position that he was watching the movie in, popcorn still in his hands. "Thank you for not freaking out and running away. I know how guys are with crying and stuff."

He stared at me like I grew an extra head or something. "What are you talking about? You're my best friend, I would do not only this, but kill that fucker too. But you won't let me because you're way too forgiving."

I sighed and leaned in for a hug that I knew would make me feel so much better. Frank smiled and did the same, gathering me in his arms.

"Ready to sleep, kiddo?" He asked me, hugging me tighter.

I nodded, feeling warm, happy and safe in his embrace. As long as I was with Frank, nothing could hurt or harm me.