You Give Love a Bad Name

The Gay Way

Frank shrugged and started to lean towards me.

I was about to protest, but he planted a swift, accurate kiss on my cheek, smiling proudly as he returned to his normal sitting position.

"What was that?" Ray exclaimed, clearly outraged.

Frank's features formed a knowing smirk. "I kissed Lena, that's what. You didn't say where, Toro."

"But you knew what I meant," Ray protested, not looking at all pleased. "This isn't fair! I want a re-do."

"Life isn't fair," I taunted him, sticking my tongue out.

"Bob, truth or dare?" Frank asked Bob, who shot him a grumpy look in return.

"Dare,"he replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

Frank bit his lip, staring thoughtfully into space, but then a wide smile started to spread on his face. "I dare you to switch underwear with Melanie."

Melanie almost jumped up at that. "I'm not that drunk."

"Me neither," Bob scrunched up his face in disgust.

"So, I guess you two will be sleeping outside, today?" I laughed at their horrified expressions. "With only your body heat keeping you warm?"

"Fuck that," Melanie muttered, standing up. "Let's go and do this thing, Bob."

"Wait," Frank held up his index finger to stop both of them from moving. "First you need to show us the underwear that you're wearing."

"For what?" Mikey shot Frank a puzzled look.

"So we know if they cheated when they come back from changing," Frank replied, looking at his victims with amusement.

Rolling her eyes, Melanie lifted her shirt so that the waistline of her jeans was visible and hooked her one of her finger onto her underwear to bring it out a bit of black, lacy material.

"But it's a thong!" Bob's eyes grew wide as he shook his head wildly. "I'm not wearing that!"

Gerard smiled innocently and pointed in the direction of the front door.

"You guys suck," Bob groaned, showing us that he was wearing black boxers with ducks and hearts sprinkled all over the material.

"Nice boxers, dude," Laurie exclaimed gleefully. "They're even better then Lena's unicorn PJs."

"Shut up," Bob and I growled at the same time, which caused everyone but us to laugh.

Melanie and Bob came back after almost fifteen minutes, both of them wearing disgusted looks on their faces.

"I feel gay," Bob complained, sitting down and pulling his shirt over his butt so that nothing would show. "They're tight and my hips hurt."

"Well, your fatass boxers sliding down every time I take a step is not that pleasant either," Melanie retorted, sitting down as well. "Plus it feels like I just shitted a load into my jeans."

"Laurie, truth or dare," Bob snapped, ignoring Melanie.

"Dare," Laurie said, chuckling at a little.

"I dare you to end this stupid game," Bob looked at her mutinously.

Laurie threw both of her hands up in the air. "Fine! What are going to do now, O-Mood-Killer-One?"

"Well," Bob started, scratching his chin, "we can always play the nickname game?"

"Huh?" Frank tilted his head to the side beside me.

"You take the first letter of your name and replace the first letter of your last name. So mine will be Bryar," Bob said a matter-of-factly, "because my name starts with a B. Ray, your turn."

"Roro," Ray said, his face distorting into laughter. "Laurie?"

"Lones," she informed us with a grin. "Frank?"

"Fero," Frank stated, turning to face me. "Lena?"

"Lay," I replied, smiling and turned towards Melanie. "Mel?"

"Mamilton. Jeez, I sound like a Mammoth, or something," she mused, turning to face Mikey.

"May," he made a face. "I've got a chick's name. Cara, your turn."

"Cmith. Mine doesn't rhyme though," she said with a frown. "Jake?"

"Jollins," he muttered, shaking his head. "It sound like it has something to do with Jolly Green Giant. Bob already went, so Gerard?"

"No," my oldest brother said firmly, pouting.

"Why no-" I started curiously, trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle in my brain, but Frank beat me to it.

"Gay! You're Gay! Literally!"

"Shut up, asshole," Gerard said narrowing his eyes.

"Mr. Gay, I like the ring it has to it," Bob said in mock thoughtfulness.

"At least I'm not a noob, noob," Gerard tried to defend his dignity.

"Hey, how about we stop discussing Gay's name and watch a movie instead," Ray suggested, ignoring Gerard's murderous glare.

"Sounds good," Frank stood up beside me, offering me his hand to help me up as well.

I opened my eyes for a millionth time as I heard another earsplitting scream echo across the livingroom. I squinted as piece of popcorn fell on my forehead, bouncing off my nose and onto the soft carpeted floor.

"Oops, sorry, Lena." Frank's voice whispered somewhere next to my ear.

I looked up to find his television illuminated face peering into mine. "What movie is this?"

He shrugged and I felt myself move as well. So that what that warm, comfy thing that I was laying on was; Frank's chest. "Some SciFi thing about a mutated shark that eats people."

I nodded half-heartedly and looked around the room, all of it coated in the bluish glow. Gerard was munching on his popcorn with mad intensity, watching the movie with nonmoving eyes as he leaned against the sofa, below me and Frank. Ray was dozing off on Gerard's shoulder, occasionally stirring after the movie produced another shriek. Mikey, Melanie and Laurie were asleep on the floor, with pillows and blankets to soften the livingroom carpet, while Jake and Bob sat side by side, mouths open wide as they observed the walking shark chase after some woman who was screaming in a high pitched voice.

"You're not missing much," Frank assured me, putting another piece of popcorn in his mouth. "This movie is pretty much the shittiest movie ever made, so you can go back to sleep."

"Okay," I agreed, settling on his chest more comfortably and closing my eyes.