Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Martin.

Celebrate good times, come on!” I sang loudly, skipping up the stairwell to Gabe and William’s apartment.

“Marty, baby, we’re not even inside yet. Don’t use up all your energy,” Zack teased.

“Doll, you know my energy never runs out,” I grinned, knocking three times on the front door.

“Mm, insatiable slut,” Zack growled, leaning in and nipping my ear lobe.

I yelped in surprise, but the door opened before I could retaliate. Not fair!

“Why do I have a feeling I don’t want to know?” William mused, letting us past.

“I just commented that Martin’s an insatiable slut,” Zack shrugged.

“Well we all could’ve told you that,” William teased, winking at me.

“Hey!” I protested, hands on hips.

“You’re my slut, so it’s okay,” Zack chuckled, pressing a kiss to my temple.

Fine. I’ll let him off…for now.

“The only people not here yet are Kennedy, John and Kyle, but that’s because Kennedy and John were taking ages to get ready and then Kyle’s car wouldn’t start,” William told us, taking our jackets.

“How much do you want to bet that Kennedy and John were having sex instead of getting ready?” I murmured to Zack.

“I don’t think we actually need to bet for that one,” Zack snickered.

“Ooh! Ooh, news that you might not know! Jack and Tay are together!” William said suddenly.

Woah, what? Jack finally grew a pair and asked her out?!

“No way! When?” Zack laughed.

“Like, an hour before they came here – it’s so cute! Tay won’t stop smiling and Jack won’t stop blushing…they’re adorable!” William grinned.

“Aww, well we’re going to have to congratulate them when we see them!” Zack grinned.

I just laughed. Congratulate? Maybe. Tease relentlessly? Definitely.

“Alright, now Martin’s met Gabe’s friends Travis and Pete before, but you haven’t Zack, so I’d better introduce you before they really start drinking,” William said firmly.

“That bad?” he winced.

“Well, Travis likes heart-to-hearts. Like, serious soul searching, deep, meaning of life conversations when he drunk. And he doesn’t care who he talks to, but he can get a little freaky if you don’t really know him,” William warned.

“And Pete just likes to hump things,” I grinned.

Zack’s eyes widened, making us laugh.

“Other than that, they’re great guys. Come on, I’ll introduce you!” William said, looping his arm through Zack’s.

“I’ll get us a drink. You might need one or two when Pete’s done with you,” I teased.

Zack’s eyes widened even more but before he could protest, William swept him away. I just laughed and headed into the kitchen. Tonight will be fun, I can tell.

~

Around 11pm I was standing in the kitchen again, this time talking to Rian and Alex, when Kyle ran in the room and over to me.

“Martin, you’ve got to see this,” he said rapidly.

“What?” I frowned.

“Zack’s singing karaoke,” Kyle grinned.

My jaw dropped slightly. Zack’s singing? In public?

“This should be interesting,” Rian chuckled, nudging me.

The three of us followed Kyle into the living room, where a karaoke machine was indeed set up in the corner. And the introduction to My Generation by The Who was booming through the speakers, ready to be sung by William, Paul and…Zack. Holy shit.

William winked at Paul and Zack, before lifting the microphone to his lips.

“People try to put us down,” William sang.

Talking about my generation,” Zack and Paul sang.

“Just because we get around,” William grinned, winking at Gabe.

Talking about my generation,” Zack and Paul sang.

“Things right here look awful cold,”
Talking about my generation,”
“I hope I die before I get old,”
Talking about my generation,”
“This is my generation,
My generation baby,
Why don’t you all fade away”
Talking about my generation,”
“And don’t try to dig what people say,”
Talking about my generation,”
“I’m not trying to cause a big sensation,”
Talking about my generation,”
“Just talking about my generation,”
Talking about my generation,”
“This is my generation,
My generation baby.
Why don’t you all fade away”
Talking about my generation,”
“And don’t try to dig what people say,”
Talking about my generation,”
“I’m not trying to cause a big sensation,”
Talking about my generation,”
“Just talking about my generation,”
Talking about my generation,”
“This is my generation,
My generation baby,
People try to put us down,”
Talking about my generation,”
“Just because we get around,”
Talking about my generation,”
“Things right here look awful cold
Talking about my generation,”
“I hope I die before I get old
Talking about my generation,”

Everyone burst into cheers and applause as the song finished, me included. Fuck, it’s hot watching Zack sing. I know William can sing because he’s always singing at work, and Paul used to sing in the shower when we were together, but Zack? I had no idea. He smiled as he walked over to me, clearly still riding the adrenaline high.

“You were amazing, baby,” I grinned, tugging Zack towards me by his belt loops.

“It’s just a bit of karaoke,” Zack shrugged, blushing slightly.

“Still, it was hot,” I grinned.

“Ah, now I get it,” Zack laughed, resting his forehead against mine.

Without hesitating, I pressed a hard kiss to his lips, catching his bottom lip between my teeth and tugging gently, earning a soft groan from Zack. Mm…

“SAVE THAT FOR LATER!” Gabe boomed right next to us.

I jumped, startled, breaking the embrace. Fuck you, Gabe.

“You’re just jealous because Bilvy’s making you wait until midnight,” Zack snickered.

He is? Ouch.

“My party, my rules,” Gabe winked.

Meanie.

“Looks like you’ll have to behave yourself, Marty,” Zack murmured in my ear.

I growled softly, tweaking his nipple through his t-shirt, making him yelp. He had better make this up to me later!

~

“ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, QUIET DOWN BITCHES!” Gabe yelled.

Travis turned the music down, everyone’s chatter and singing quieting too.

“Before we switch on the TV to the Times Square ball drop, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for coming over tonight. There’s no better way to celebrate the New Year coming in than to be surrounded by people you love, and I’m telling you now that I love every single one of you!” Gabe grinned.

“And before Gabe turns this into an orgy, I’d just like to add that anyone who wishes to crash on the floor or on a sofa is more than welcome,” William snickered.

Gabe nodded to Travis, who switched on the TV, getting it to the right channel. Glancing around the room, I smiled at all my friends. Kyle, John and Kennedy were in a complicated tangle on the floor. Rian, Alex, Paul, Jack and Tay were on the opposite sofa, Jack and Tay shyly holding hands. Gabe and William were wrapped around each other with Travis and Pete standing right next to them. And Zack and I were sitting in an armchair, me on top of Zack with my legs thrown over his lap so I could look at him a little. I snuggled back in Zack’s arms, smiling as he pressed a kiss to my neck. This evening has been perfect. Because of Zack this year has been perfect. And I know that as long as he’s by my side that next year will be perfect too.

And nothing can change that.

“5…”

“4…”

“3…”

“2…”

“1…”

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!” everyone chorused.

Instead of joining in the cheering, whooping and general shouting, Zack cupped my face and pressed our lips together, kissing me slowly and softly. The perfect New Years’ kiss.

“Happy New Year, Martin,” he murmured once he pulled away, running his thumb over my cheekbone with a smile.

“Happy New Year to you too,” I replied.

Zack grinned and kissed me again, and I lost myself in his touch.

I should’ve known it would only take 3 months for everything to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, yeah...I did write that at the end.
The next chapter will indeed skip ahead 3 months and it will indeed start the end of story, the last 3 parts.
At least they had a fun New Year celebration, right?

Uni work is STRESSING me out right now. That's all I can say. That, along with my cellphone no longer working, is not really giving me much time to write...so I apologise if the updates have a little long time in between. It definitely won't be a month apart again, but maybe, like, a week?

On the plus side, I am starting to write the new Motorbike 'verse in bits and pieces. That should be out...at the end of May? Hopefully before?

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! 300 comments now! Let's keep that figure rising :)

miss.sobriety
TearsOfTheHeart7
iAmJacksCreativity
alleson
kew_atl
VivaLaJack-O-Lantern
sylarisahero
jlyEchelonMCRmy
Forever Young.
BeautifullyTattooed
JessicStar
Unexpected. (ahaha touché - I like how you phrased that!)

xo