Immortal Hunters

Safe and Sound?

“Hey guys, I’m back.” I smiled, opening the doors.
“Have a nice walk? Get lost?” Strify looked at me skeptically.
“No, no, I’m fine. I just got caught up in the beauty of the night.” I shrugged off his look.
You liar, Raven. You went somewhere, and I know it.
I heard Shin’s voice, the felt his breath on my calves, warming the back of my jeans. I stepped aside, and he trotted in beside me.
“Good doggy.” I patted his head.
Slowly, he morphed back to human form. Still practicing.
“Oh, good grief, Shin? Put some clothes on.” Ashlea shuddered.
He walked up to his room.
Then the real howling began. The howling of a whole pack.
“Oh, fuck.” Alexis perked up.
“What?” Strify snapped to attention almost instantly too.
“It’s the pack. They think we’ve run away. If they find out we’ve been with Raven, we’ll get exiled.” Absinth replied, sadly.
“Here, I’ll leave. I’ll come back later, but just make them think that you’ve found other shadow dwellers to hang out with.” I thought.
“But, Raven, where will you go?”
“Don’t worry, I’ll find somewhere. Rest assured. Allow the pack to inspect this place.”
“Raven? Please…” Ashlea’s lip trembled.
“I’ll be fine. I’ll be back by tomorrow night.”
Thank God Georg had strapped my ankle. Made it a hell of a lot easier to run around and get my stuff together quickly. I grabbed a messenger bag, throwing everything I owned, (which was very little, and anything bought for me by the boys didn’t smell like me, so I was safe), into it, then leaping out my bedroom window and running back to Tokyo Hotel.
When I arrived, I knocked on the door, before collapsing to the step, unable to put any more weight on my ankle.
The door swung open, Bill standing before me.
“What, Raven? Are you okay?”
“N-no… I n-need s-somewhere to s-stay…” I puffed, still catching my breath.
“Is your ankle okay? Oh, Raven.” Bill scooped me up, holding me close, then taking me back up to his room.
When we got inside his room, he placed me on the bed.
“So, Raven, what happened?”
“Some people were after me, and I needed to make sure I was undetectable tonight. I hope you don’t mind… Can I stay here?”
“Yes, of course. Who was after you? Were there hunters?” he sounded so concerned.
“No, it was… Some werewolves whom I’d had a bit of a fight with.”
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, aside from my ankle being about to commit suicide, err… I’m fine.”
“I’m so glad you’re allright.” He hugged me close, kissing the top of my head.
“So, err… Did you miss me?” I joked.
He laughed.
“Oh, of course.” The sarcasm in that was impossible to miss, yet he said it in a caring way.
If that makes sense.
Then it was silent.
“So, why did you chose to come here? Like, aren’t there any other places you could go?” Bill asked.
I swear there was a glint of hope in his eyes.
“Well, one, because I have nowhere else to go, and two, because I enjoy spending time with you.”
He smiled.
“Oh cripes, my ankle hurts.” I sighed, pain coursing up my leg as I moved my foot.
“Here, those shoes can’t be helping.” Bill moved to my feet, slipping off my shoes and socks.
“Thanks.”
“So, I’ll get you a drink. Err, don’t go anywhere.”
“As if I’d go anywhere. My ankle is killing me.”
“True.” Bill disappeared out the door.
'Be careful, girl. The wolves are nearly here. I hope you’re okay, wherever you are. Shin has gone kinda unresponsive… And, I’ll give you regular updates on our position. Love ya.'
I heard Alexis’s voice.
'Who was that?'
Gustav’s voice invaded my mind.
'Err, no one. Get outta my head.'
I hoped he left me alone.
'She said Shin. Shin is one of them at Manor Bizarre. What are you hiding from us?'
Shit.
'Nothing. Get the fuck out of my head.'
'I’m monitoring your thoughts. I don’t trust you.'
“GET OUT!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.
There was the sound of breaking glass just outside the door.
“Oh, Jesus. Fuck, oww.” I heard Bill curse.
“Are you okay?” I heard Tom arrive at the door.
“Yeah, she just yelled and… startled me. Oww, oww, oww.” Bill muttered.
“Here, you go check on her and fix yourself up, I’ll clean this.”
The door swung open, and Bill walked in, his mouth closed on the side of his hand.
“What happened?”
He pulled his mouth back, blood running off his fangs. There was a cut running the length of the side of his hand.
“Oww! Are you okay? Oh, God, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell, but Gustav was in my head and-” I began to babble, but Bill put a finger over my lips.
“Hey, sshh. I’ll go and kill Gus for you, and I’m fine.”
He walked towards what must have been an ensuite. I heard water running, then some rummaging, and finally, small gasps of pain. When Bill emerged, the side of his hand had been stitched up.
“Aiiee, did you do that yourself?!” I fell off the bed.
He just laughed.
“Yeah, I did. When you live like we do, you gotta know how to fix yourself.” He nodded, then disappeared out the door.
A minute later I heard an ear-splitting cry of pain, and not too long after that, Bill returned to the room.
“What’d you do?”
“Socked him one in the nose. He won’t be hijacking your head anymore.” He smiled.
“Oh, thanks.”
“Anyway, err… I was getting you a drink, wasn’t I? Hang on, allow me to go…” he disappeared again.
I decided to put on my pyjamas, as all the running had made me tired, and I had no doubt that I’d fall asleep. I had pulled on my trackies, and was in the process of pulling on a singlet too, when Bill walked back in on me… shirtless…
“Holy… Sorry.” He spun around.
I tugged the shirt on quickly.
“All good, I’m dressed now.”
“Err, glass of water?” he turned back around slowly, offering me the glass.
His cheeks were flushed a light pink, and the skinnys he was wearing revealed that he was hard as well.
“Oh jeepers. I’m sorry. I should have gotten dressed in the bathroom.”
“Hey, it’s fine. Just enjoy the water.” He smiled, sitting beside me on the bed.
“I shall. Thank you for getting it.”
“You’re welcome.”
So we began to talk, our conversation leading until the early hours.
“I feel so tired.” I yawned, stretching out.
Bill slid his arm behind my back, and I settled myself into the crook of his body.
“You’re really warm, you know?” he stated quietly.
“No, I’m cold like a freezer.” I giggled.
“But your blood runs warmer because you’re a werewolf. Mine doesn’t so much because I’m a vampire. It’s part of the really pale skin, you know. My blood runs thin and really cool.”
“Then I’ll warm you up.” I snuggled into him.
“Thanks.” He held me close.
“So, what do you think of me?” I narrowed my eyes, staring up into his entrancing, red, black rimmed ones.
“I think you’re pretty. I also think you’re extremely kind, and definitely unlike any of the other girls who’ve tried to get with me in the past.”
“Are you saying that all I’m doing is trying to get with you?” I felt insulted.
“No, no, that’s what I meant. All the other girls I’ve been with have only wanted to get with me. You’re different. I like that. I like you. I’m quite honestly drawn to you, but I don’t know how or why.”
“Well, we’ll figure that out eventually.”
“Yeah. There’s something I’d like to do before you fall asleep- yes, I can see that you’re deathly tired- would you mind staying awake for five more minutes?”
“Oh? What are we doing to me?” I yawned, forcing my eyes open.
“This.”
He shifted so that I wasn’t snuggled into him anymore, but so that he was hovering over me on hands and knees.
Slowly, he pressed his lips to mine.
It didn’t feel like when Shin kissed me. This felt more… Natural, wanted.
I slid a hand into his spiky hair, and despite all the different products he’s probably using to keep his hair sticking up at every angle, it felt unnaturally soft. He sucked softly on my bottom lip, and I licked his top lip. He opened his mouth, and our tongues slowly slid into each other’s mouths. I found a hard, cold, metal ball sitting in the middle of his tongue. He had a tongue piercing? Nice. I reached my other hand up, stroking the side of his face gently. His kissed me with more passion, which meant his fangs accidentally jutted into my mouth and sliced the inside of my cheek and left a small graze on my tongue. I winced, and the second he tasted blood, he jumped back off me, then jumped off the bed and stood back for a minute. I realised that he still drank blood, animal blood, and I kindof counted as a dog, and also as long as the desire for blood was there, human blood would get to him more than anything. I got up and hopped to the bathroom, washing out my mouth several times.
Minutes later, he appeared in the doorway of the bathroom.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cut you, and then the blood… I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay. I’m fine.”
He walked up behind me, then wrapped his long, thin arms around my waist.
“I’m sorry.” He kissed my neck.
“Eek, don’t bite me!” I squealed without thinking.
He instantly let go and stood back.
“I wouldn’t. It’d kill you.” He frowned.
“I’m sorry, just… vampire, neck… As cliché as it is…”
“No, it’s okay. Here.” He swept me up into his arms and carried me back to the bed, laying me down, then holding me to him like we’d been before.
I yawned again, stretching, then retracting and snuggling into his side.
“Goodnight, Raven.” He kissed the top of my head.
“Night, Bill.”
I allowed my eyes to slowly close, and the dreams took me.
♠ ♠ ♠
heyy guys, i hope you're enjoying Immortal Hunters. :3
please comment/message me?
<3 i love the feedback.