My Days Are Numbered

Letter number 12

Jordan sat at the computer desk at the ungodly hour of 5:15 a.m. he had a pen in hand and was halfway through the twelfth letter. After seeing her last night with his brother and not being able to say anything to her was painful, extremely painful.

He was grateful that Taylor would help him. It was a longshot getting her to sing to Olivia, but when he explained his situation to her she was totally for it. He was also grateful that Eric had gotten her there. He had received a text from Eric that night saying how much convincing it took to get Olivia there.

After the Taylor Swift performance, Jordan saw Olivia head towards the door with Eric right behind her. He just wanted to run after her, but he knew he couldn’t. Kris Letang saw the whole sequence happen so as soon as Jordan’s eyes fell to the floor, he was there next to him with a drink. Jordan didn’t get home too late. It was midnight when he got back to his small apartment. He got about five hours of sleep, he would’ve gotten more if it weren’t for the nightmare. Since he couldn’t fall back asleep, he started Olivia’s twelfth letter.

When Jordan finally finished the letter it was a little bit past 5:30. It was still dark outside as Jordan opened the curtain. He decided to change into some work out clothes and go for a run. Jordan slipped the letter into in gym short’s pocket. He’ll just run the letter to her house. After all it was only a few miles away.

Evidently, he and his brother were more alike than they thought. On his way to Olivia’s he saw Eric on a morning run as well. He flagged down his brother and embraced him in a ‘manly’ hug. “What are you doing up so early?” Jordan asked his oldest brother.

“Same thing it looks like you’re doing, dipshit.” Eric joked.

“I’m actually taking this letter to Olivia.” Jordan pulled out the letter.

“She’s up already, Jord.” Eric informed his brother. Olivia was actually the one that woke up Eric. She had been messing around with pots and pans, making a whole lot of noise while attempting to make breakfast. “She says she can’t sleep much now a days.”

“That makes two of us…” Jordan sighed. “Could you take this to her then?”

“Yeah, I think I can do that.” Eric nodded. “I should get going, make sure she didn’t burn down the house.”

“Eric? Give her a hug for me.”

“Yeah, I will.” Eric nodded to his brother before turning around and running towards the house that used to belong to his brother as well. “Ollie, present!” Eric yelled once he got inside.

“What is it?” She poked her head around the corner. Eric just held up the envelope. She walked to him and grabbed it out of his hands. “He must have dropped by when I was making breakfast.”

“Yeah…he must have.” Eric hated lying.

“Go take a shower, you smell horrific.” Olivia pushed him away, needed an excuse to be alone. No doubt she’d cry reading this letter.

“I thought you’d be used to this smell?” Eric enveloped her in a hug.

“Just because I am used to it doesn’t mean I enjoy it!” Olivia pushed herself away from his body, laughing.

Eric remembered his promise to Jordan. “One more.” He held out his arms. She scrunched her nose and shook her head. “Come on…”

She slowly walked into his arms, holding her breath. Eric laughed as he let go of her and she gasped for air. He ruffled her hair and jogged up the stairs towards the bathroom. That left Olivia alone to read her letter.

Dear Olivia,

Let me just start off by saying you looked beautiful last night. I wish I could’ve had a dance with you. That dress on you was breath taking.

So what did you think about Taylor Swift? Awesome huh? Surprisingly it wasn’t that hard convincing her to sing to you. I just explained what I did and why I needed her help and she was 100% in.

I also saw that you left right after that…I’m sorry if it upset you…I just needed to get your attention and I figured Taylor freaking Swift would do that. Would you mind sharing Eric for a day? I want to catch up with him, hear about the baby to come you know? It’s crazy that he’s already having another baby. It feels like just yesterday that Parker was born…now he’s going to be a big brother.

Then again, it felt like just yesterday you were in my arms, but now with every second you’re slipping farther and farther away. I miss you.

Love you still.
-Jordan


Olivia was right, by the time she’d finished the letter, there was a steady trickle of tears down her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, but there you go! My heart aches writing this story...

Comment please and let me know what you all are thinking, PLEASE! I am begging you all!

Also, if you're a fan of Gabriel Landeskog, check out my story going on about him!