Sequel: Romance Is Dead

Pictures on the Wall

O N E .

“Come on, Cristi! If we don’t leave now we’ll be late and not get in.” Caroline’s voice was a bit whiny, but Cristi knew she couldn’t back out now. It was like having made a deal with the devil. For the past two weeks Crisit had heart about nothing but the Romance Is Dead show. Sure, the band members were hot, but they were probably the biggest jerks ever. It sounds cliché, but that’s just how it went. Even if they didn’t think they were the shit right now, their egos would get bigger as their fame did.

“Hold on!” Cristi yelled back, taking her time to finish applying her mascara, “I need my camera.” Cristi loved to take pictures; of everything. Usually her camera went where she went, that is, if she could take everything with her. There were multiple lenses that she used, and she had to set up the flash if needed. It was a lot to do, but to her it was worth it. Most of the pictures she had taken were of friends at parties or from school, pictures she had taken outside when she had become bored.

Grabbing her fisheye lens and placing it in her bag, she walked out the door and down to the living room where Caroline was waiting. It was a sight to see down there – kids toys scattered across the floor, half-empty bottles of water all over the place. Cristi decided that she would have to clean up after the show. Grabbing her keys, she opened the door and headed to the car. “I see you changed your angel bite studs,” Caroline observed, laughing a little bit.

“Yeah, the pointed ones were getting a bit old to me. What’s so funny about it?” Her eyes narrowed as she looked at her friend who was still laughing.

Climbing into the passengers seat, Caroling smiled at her friend that was now starting the car, “It’s nothing. I just thought you didn’t care to keep up your looks for something you don’t even care about. That’s all.”

The latest Falling in Reverse song blasted through the speakers as Cristi pulled out of the drive way and headed over to the studio where the show was being held. “It’s not that I don’t care about it, Caroline. It’s just that it’s not really the type of music I listen to. I’m going because you’re my best friend and you want me to.” Of course, she left out the part about how she had looked up the band further to get some information on them, and the part about how they were just so hot that she had to see them.

“Well, still. I mean, I wouldn’t have cared if you came in your pajamas, but you got all dressed up. Now I just feel so normal…” Caroline trailed off and you could see that she felt insecure. She was wearing a simple flannel with a black tank top that gave a good show of her cleavage and some black skinny jeans. Her multi-coloured hair was straightened and she had a baseball cap on. She looked good, but next to a petite Cristi, it was hard for her to feel that way.

Cristi nodded, looking over at Caroline. “You look just fine,” she smiled, “I don’t know why you are always so insecure when we go out. You collect just as many numbers, if not more, than I do! Besides, you are by far the prettiest.” The rest of the car ride, Caroline just listened to the new FIR album and tried not to pout. The guys in the band were hot, and she wanted to talk to them. How was she going to do that with Cristi stealing the spotlight?

The black SSC Ultimate Aero pulled into parking lot of the studio and Cristi pulled down her visor mirror. “Look, Caroline, please don’t feel bad. I mean, I don’t know why you are getting worked up about my getting dressed up,” she said while applying some red lipstick to her perfectly-sculpted lips, “Besides, I’ll have a camera in front of my face anyways. No one is going to notice me when I have another hot girl standing right next to me.”

Caroline didn’t look any happier, “Well if I would have known you were getting all pretty, I would have given my look some effort…” She thought about it, but decided Cristi was right. “Let me see your lipstick for a minute,” she stated rather than asked. Once her lips were just as red as Cristi’s, she stepped out of the car and quickly straightened her hair down her back with her hands. “I’ll be inside getting our tickets while you get your camera set up, alright?”

Cristi nodded as Caroline walked away. The sun was just going down, the streetlights coming on. That meant that the show would be starting soon, and that Cristi would have a good opportunity to get some pictures for her portfolio. The wind blew a few leaves her way as she struggled with getting her panorama lens on. Finally she just gave up, putting the zoom lens on and grabbing the fish eye, black & white filter, and sepia filter lenses and putting them in her back pocket. “Alright, lets’ do this!” She loudly told Caroline upon entering the building, causing Caroline to jump up.

“Very funny,” she said, a bit butt hurt. As they entered the room, Cristi led Caroline to the front center. It was the perfect place to get pictures. “So, when they come in and start to play, you’ll see how cute they are. Bradley is the bassist, Chris is the singer, Mason is the drummer, Max is the rhythm guitarist, and Dimitri is the lead guitarist,” she explained, smiling. Cristi snapped a few pictures of Caroline and the rest of the crowd with her fish eye lens. They’d look awesome in black & white after being uploaded. Then the lights went down.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is a prequel of my NaNoWriMo story, Romance Is Dead.