We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Eleven

The tree provided a good amount of shade as I sat beneath its shelter. I had a vampire book in hand however I kept casually glancing away from its pages every few minutes to look at the people around me. I tended not to fit in that well as I was the ‘foreigner’. I chuckled lightly to myself as I thought of that, I don’t really understand why, I just did. I had made a few friends at this school; they were the only ones that accepted me. However they went out for lunch whilst I was stuck in the school grounds. I had three more lessons until the end of the day, English and then double textiles.

I sat at the back of last period Textiles with a sewing machine stationed in front of me. I was working on a top, just a simple design of a top as I had to have it finished by the time I left to go back home.

“Hey Beth!” Ethan exclaimed, sitting down in the chair beside me. He was just so vibrant and lively all of the time.

“Hi Ethan, what’s up?” I asked, pressing my foot down on the small peddle.

“You know, the usual. I was wondering, do you want to spend tonight at my house? Ally will be there too I think,” He asked almost timidly.

“Yeah sure, I don’t think William will mind,” I answered with a smile. I was just happy to be accepted by people there, it was just going to be sad to leave them in the end.

“Great! Well just get to my house for eight,” Ethan stated happily before going back to his designated seat.

“I’ll see you tonight then Beth?” Ethan asked as we walked out of the school doors.

“Of course,” I answered before, stopping with him at the school gates. He smiled and hugged me goodbye before I ran over to William’s car and jumped into the passenger seat.

“Hey! Do you mind if I stay at a friend’s house tonight Will?” I asked cheerfully, putting my belt on.

“I need to talk to you first. Brendon said you have something serious you need to talk to me about,” I looked across at him. His face was hard as he stared out at the road. Brendon wouldn’t have told him, would have he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love <3