We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Twelve

William parked the car outside of the house, turned the engine off and turned so that he was looking at me.

“Did Brendon tell you everything?” I squeaked out, looking anywhere but into his eyes.

“He told me one of the things and said it was up to you to tell me the second,” William spoke softly, “You can trust me with anything Beth, I don’t want you to have to suffer,” What did he mean by that? Please dear God, don’t let Brendon to have told him. It’d just get too messy.

“What did he tell you?” I asked worried.

“About you cutting. He said it was pretty bad and I want you to tell me why you do it,” He spoke softly.

“I don’t want to say. I don’t want any help. I’m dealing with it fine on my own,” I uttered, quickly undoing my belt and going to step out of the car.

“If you walk away, you are not going out tonight,” He warned me.

“You’re not my dad William,” I muttered. I know he cared but I was annoyed by the fact that Brendon had told William without my consent. I made my way into the house and upstairs to the confinement of mine and Brendon’s room, hoping that he wasn’t up there. There was no way in hell that I was staying here tonight.

I lay in bed awake, it was midnight and I was waiting until I could be sure that everyone was asleep before I sneaked out. I’d rung Ethan and had told him what was happening and he said that he understood and I’d be able to come over at any time, after all, his parents were away for two weeks so he had the house to himself anyway. Beside me, my phone vibrated.

Can you get away yet? Ethan xxxx
I smiled and quickly sent a text back after checking that Brendon was definitely asleep.

I’ll come now. See you soon. Beth x
I pulled myself out of bed quickly and changed as quietly as I could into some jeans and a plain top. I walked over to the window and pulled it up. I looked down before deciding I would definitely do it. Anyway, what was this height compared to the bridge that I was going to jump off of. I swung my leg over the ledge and then the other before pushing myself off, making sure my bag was securely over my shoulder. I hit the fall with a soft thump, twisting my ankle in the process.

“I won’t be doing that again,” I groaned to myself as I limped out of William’s garden and towards the street that Ethan lived on. It all looked so different in the dark, everything also had this eerie feeling to it and the walk wasn’t made much better with my now sprained ankle.

Once I’d finally arrived at Ethan’s house, I knocked on the door firmly. It soon swung open to reveal a smiling Ethan clad in his boxes only. He smiled at me, his brown shoulder length hair falling into his eyes.

“You took a while,” He joked, holding the door open for me.

“Yeah, I sprained my ankle when jumping from the window,” I laughed slightly.

“Aww, well you sit down and I’ll get you some ice,” He said kindly and led me into the living room and sitting me on the sofa.

“Ally isn’t sleeping as well is she?” I asked noticing it was just me and him in the house.

“No, she bailed out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOO an update... anywhoo i'm tired. Night lovelys.

Comments are love <3