We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Five

Take off was horrible, not exactly unexpected, but it was still awful. The rest of the flight I slept through whilst leaning against Bert until he woke me up by softly shaking me.

“We’re landing,” He said softly and I grabbed his hand automatically.

“I would’ve preferred if you had let me sleep through it,” I mumbled still half asleep with my eyes closed.

“You’ve been asleep for six hours, plus if I hadn’t woken you up, we wouldn’t be holding hands right now,” He said and I opened my eyes slightly to look at him.

“Bert I've already told you we can’t date, you’re my best friend and like a brother to me.” I said and squeezed his hand tighter as I felt the plane start to dip slightly.

“I know, but I can wish right?” He said whilst staring out of the window at the ground that we were nearing.

Soon we had landed and we were stood with some other people whilst waiting for our bags to come around on the conveyor belt. My bag had been one of the first ones to come out so I was sat on it, leant against the wall, whilst watching everyone else wait for his or her bags. The fifteen of us all went over to Mrs Parkson and Mr Hild once everyone had their bags and we made our way out of security and to the front of the airport.

“I want you guys to all stay here whilst we go and find out who is here to pick you guys up,” Mr Hild said before him and Mrs Parkson went off.

“Wow, it’s not actually raining,” Jack commented with a smirk before dropping his suitcase along with Bert, Beki, Anna and I doing the same thing. I jumped onto Anna’s back with a giggle as she nearly fell over but Bert managed to steady us luckily.

“Holy fuck he’s hot,” I looked over to where Anna was pointing and saw Mr Hild talking to a young guy with shoulder length brown hair and the cute face. Not exactly the kind of guy i'd personally date though.

“Whoever gets to live with him, I seriously envy,” Beki said as he stood up from where he had been sat and started walking over to a group of other adults near us. I watched him as he talked to a man and smiled slightly and nodded before looking over our way. I looked away quickly when his eyes met mine and I set my attention onto the conversation the guys were having. Soon enough, Mr Hild and Mrs Parkson came back over to us with all the adults following close behind.
“Guys shut up!” Mr Hild shouted and we obeyed quickly.

“Beth, get off of her back,” Mrs Parkson hissed at me causing me to roll my eyes and jump down.

“Right, I’m going to say your name and then the person you’re staying with and then you may go,” Mr Hild said to both the adults and us. He pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and started reading from it.
“Gregory Lewis with Mr and Mrs Chammer,” I watched as Greg grabbed his suitcase, said goodbye to his friends before walking over to the older couple that had stepped forward.

“Bethany Hanson with Mr Beckett,” Cute guy stepped forward and I heard Anna whisper ‘bitch’ in my ear playfully as she smiled and winked at me.

“I’ll ring you later,” Bert said and I gave him a look before saying goodbye to the others. I grabbed my case and then walked over to Mr Beckett and left with him.

“Just call me Beth by the way,” I said as we neared what I guessed was his car.

“Only if you call me William or Bill,” He said and opened the boot of his car and put my suitcase in it before I got into the passenger seat and he got into the drivers seat.

“Deal. So how come you’re doing this?” I asked, immediately feeling comfortable about being around him, which is strange considering that I’m nearly always nervous around older guys because of Alex.

“What do you mean?” He asked and pulled out of the airport and onto the motorway.

“Well you look like 19 so why are you looking after a kid for two months when you don’t have to?”

“I’m 20 and because my friends signed me up for it and I didn’t know anything about it until I got a letter saying I was accepted for being a carer. I’m looking forward to it though, it’s something different to do.” He said and glanced over at me with a small smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are oxygen <3.

Chapter dedicated to bulletinourhearts for making me laugh with her comments <3 ^_^.