We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Seven

I sat on the kitchen counter and winced as William put some sort of cream on my cut knuckles.

“That was a seriously stupid thing to do,” He said quietly.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“You want to talk about why you did it?” He asked and was still looking down at my hands. I wanted to tell him about everything and I wanted Alex to disappear from my life but Alex was right, who would believe me? Plus I didn’t want my mum getting hurt.

“No,” I mumbled with my voice barely audibly.

“Are you sure? It’s sometimes better to tell people your problems than having to deal with them alone,” He suggested softly but I just shook my head. We both heard a loud knocking on the door so William sighed.

“Stay here,” He ordered softly before heading off to see whoever it was. To be honest, I wanted to go upstairs and just sleep as all the crying had worn me out. My eyelids felts extremely heavy and stiff and I knew I probably still had puffy eyes and red cheeks from crying so much so I was praying for William not to let whoever was at the door in. Unfortunately, he did the opposite. He entered the kitchen again with four young looking guys behind him. As soon as they entered the room, they all stared at me confused.

“Guys this is Beth. Beth this is Brendon, Spencer, Jon and Ryan,” William introduced but they all still looked confused.

“Mike thought it’d be funny to sign me up for a student exchange program kind of thing without telling me. Beth’s from England,” He explained and the guy wearing glasses laughed slightly.

“He told me he was going to do that, I didn’t think he had though,” I think his name was Brandon, I can’t remember, I wasn’t really paying attention but he had nice glasses none the less.

“I completely forgot to tell you, these guys will be staying here a while whilst they’re in town,” William said to me. I simply nodded and jumped down from the top of the counter, being carefully not to knock my knuckles though.

“I’ll be in my room,” I said quietly. I needed to sleep badly so that meant not being social, oh well, they’d get over it.

“Stay away from the walls,” William said teasingly. I just smiled in return and nodded before making my way upstairs sleepily. As soon as I got into the room I looked at the wall and saw a hint of my blood on the painted wall. I grabbed my phone and whacked it a few times with the palm of my hand before it turned on, however it still had a huge crack down the center of the screen which can’t be good. Sighing, I dialled Beki’s number anyway. It rang for a few minutes until there was a click.

“Ah Bethany dearest, you finally decided to ring,” I hear Beki’s cheerful voice say.

“Well you could have rung me,” I shot back causing her to laugh lightly.

“True. Anyway, how’s Mr Sexy Ass?” Beki asked and I could hear the smirk in her voice.

“William? He’s fine but please don’t call him Mr Sexy Ass,” I stated just as the door opened. Great timing Bill, great timing. He stepped into the room with a smirk and Brandon was behind him.

“We need to talk,” William mouthed to me.

“Sorry,” She said laughing.

“I forgive you but I’ve got to go, William needs to talk to me,” I explained with a smile.

“He heard what I called him didn’t he?” She asked whilst trying to stifle her laughter.

“Yep, so bye love,” I said and hung up the phone.

“I’m surprised your phone still works but now I’m just curious to who think I’m ‘Mr Sexy Ass’,” William said with a smirk.

“Haha my friend Beki, so what brings you to my ‘room’?” I asked and did air quotation marks when I said room. I’d taken to doing what I always did, forgetting about Alex and wiping him from my mind for as long as I could manage.

“Right well, Brendon is going to have to share a room with you because Ryan and Spencer are in the other guest room and Jon has the coach. Is that okay because if it isn’t we can try and arrange something else?” William asked with Brendon stood behind him. So maybe I’d gotten his name wrong slightly, it wasn’t my fault, I just happened to not have been listening properly when we were introduced and come on, it could have been worse, I could have thought his name was Bernard or something, now that’s nowhere near Brendon!

“Sure that’s fine,” Unfortunately, Alex came straight to mind when I had said that. What if this Brendon guy was a friend of Alex’s? Once William and Brendon had left the room, I laid down and I fell to sleep straight away luckily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to make a point here, Beth will NOT be falling in love with Brendon and then the two of them falling in love yadda yadda yadda... it will not be happening like my other stories haha. They play an important part though ^_^.

I'm staring at the clouds and they look really funny XD!

So anyway.... comments are love <3,

Chapter dedicated to DoraTheFuckinExplora because I couldn't update again before she had to go to work, sorry haha.