We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Nine

“Brendon!” I exclaimed as I opened my eyes and could see the chocolate slightly on my nose. I picked up a marshmallow, dipped it in the melted chocolate before squishing it into his cheek.

“Oh no you didn’t,” He stated playfully. I screamed slightly as he put his hand in the chocolate and then smeared it over my face only for me to do the same to him and soon we were both covered.

“Jeez, you’re so immature Brendon!” I teased as a true laugh emitted from my lips.

“You know you love it,” He replied with a playful wink.

“So what did you do to your hand?” Brendon had knelt in front of me with a damp cloth in his hand. He gently wiped the chocolate from my cheek and let his eyes dart from the chocolate every few seconds to my eyes.

“Oh, erm, I punched a wall,” I whispered softly and tried to follow his hand movements with my eyes.

“Why?” He asked and titled my head up towards his.

“I got upset and let my anger get the best of me,” He put the cloth on the floor and took my hands into his. He rubbed his thumb lightly over the scratches before looking into my eyes.

“Promise me something,” He stated softly.

“Okay.”

“If you ever feel like that again, take you’re anger out on me, okay?” I nodded obediently but jumped in surprise as the doorbell rang out. Brendon stood up and left the room to answer the door so I stood up before sitting on the couch, the food from earlier still on plates around my feet.

“Beth?” Brendon had entered the room again so I looked up and stared in shock at the people behind him. This wasn’t going to turn out good, I could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness but I felt like I needed to update this story :)
Comments are oxygen <3