Horror Is My History and the Future Depends On Me

Ever been to one of those scare parks during the month of October?

Of course you have. Everyone loves to be scared. If you don't like to go you most likely have friends who drag you along. In any case, it's a total adrenaline rush. People in creepy costumes and scary masks lurk around every corner just waiting for the right second to jump out and scare the crap outta you.

Everyone knows what happens when you go to a scare park for one night. That side of the story is over, done with, and dead. But what about the people who work at the scare parks; the people who's job it is to scare you? Or the people who own the parks and create the creatures and mazes to scare you? Their lives and stories must be beyond interesting, right?

I guess you'll find out because this is my story.

My name is Marnie Light and my family owns the one and only scare park for 150 miles in rual Pennsilvania. Our scare park is called The Grounds which is open the last week of September and all of October. We average about 2,500 guests a night at $35 per ticket. We're open 37 nights a year and make a little over 3 Million (before taxes.) We use the money we make to fund the next year, our lives, and future attractions.

The Grounds is a business my parents are very proud of and when I graduate from college I'll take over the business and I've got some awesome ideas to make our scare park as big as Circus Circus' Fright Dome, Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights, or Knott's Scary Farm.

But a new scare park on the other side of town which is boasting to be the best in the nation may put The Grounds out of busniess.

Momma Ziva and Dead Daddy may give up on trying to bring The Grounds back from the dead, but I'm not ready to call it quits just yet.

I was born into a world of straight up horror and Halloween and now the future of The Grounds depends on me.