Status: Active

I Guess I'll Go Home Now

You were fake, I was great, nothing personal.

Stacy’s point of view

“Hey guys are you ready for the show?” Bill said as he entered the room.
“Hell yeah” Jess exclaimed.
“You have, like, 3 more hours till the show starts, so relax. Besides the instruments haven’t come from the airport yet”
“Oh, when are they going to come then?” I asked impatiently. I was worried about our instruments and our show.
“Chill Stace” Bill said smiling. I hated when he called me like that. “Jake went there to get them”
“I told you I hate the way you say my name--” I started but was interrupted by Bill.
“Ha, you want me to use your Russian name?” He teased.
“No way” I protested grinning. I was from Russia and my real name was Nastya. It was short for Anastasia, but in the English-speaking countries Stacy is short for it. So it wasn’t a problem to pick an English name. My Russian last name sounds similar to Everly, so that was easy too.
I was playing in Just Kidding for a year already. In Russia I played and sang in a small band called The Freaks, we started when I was 14. Our band consisted of four girls. We weren’t too good. I wrote some songs but we couldn’t play them ‘cause we didn’t know how to write music and stuff. We just did covers. Like, covers of Simple Plan, All Time Low, Blink-182, You Me At Six and even some Beatles songs. I wasn’t too bad at playing the guitar but I gotta say I wasn’t too good.
I was (and still am) kind of addicted to Twitter and wrote there everything what was going on with my Russian band. I made friends with Bill there, in Twitter. He was (and he still is) a tour manager of the American band from Virginia called Just Kidding. He read my tweets and asked me to send some of our stuff. We had nothing but covers. I sent him our Blink and ATL covers and the texts of the songs I wrote. He decided to invite me to Just Kidding. I was 15 when he asked me. The Freaks were breaking up, but not because we didn’t like each other, but because we didn’t work, had no crew, no shows and no money. It was kinda pointless to keep playing there, everyone knew that. So when I told them I’m gonna quit the band they were glad I’m going to play in the other one.
My parents liked the thought of me playing in the other band though they didn’t take us seriously. (They still don’t) The problem was school and university. I knew I couldn’t just finish the high school, I needed to have a complete education. So I passed special exams at school to finish it faster when I was 15. I got accepted to the Novosibirsk State University. They offered me a special course of studying, 4 years instead of 5. I graduated from the University when I was 19. Bill was glad I fixed the things up and finally joined his band.
So now, I’m a member of JK for a year. We even released an EP album called Just Deal With It, we plan to record a studio one. I really love my job. It kind of reminds me of my previous Russian band. We have four girls here too. Mandy, Jessica and Chelsea liked me and we became good friends the day we met. Blake is my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for 2 months I guess. Everyone’s telling us we’re a cute couple. Jake, our guitar-tech, is really nice and friendly, he’s like my brother. Wendy and Helena are our merch chicks. Wendy is amazing; she’s my best friend with Jess, Mandy and Chelsea. Though Helena isn’t that nice. Nobody likes her. She was a lead singer in JK but she started smoking and lost her voice. She’s smart and really good at her new job (merch) but her character is awful and bitchy.
I don’t need to tell you about Bill; this man is awesome. He’s a smart and a hardworking one. I know he’ll stay with us no matter what.
Our band is not too popular, though we’ve got some fans and it’s awesome. I’ve never thought my life will turn out this amazing way.
Now we’re touring in the States. We’ve been to Novosibirsk, my Russian hometown (I bugged Bill for quite a long time), Moscow (the capital of Russia), Vienna, Paris and Hamburg. Mostly we tour in the US. So now it’s another long summer tour. We have one show every day. We started in Chicago and travelled to California on our tour bus. The tour schedule had suddenly changed and Bill told we’ve got shows in the East part of the States. So we took a plane to Richmond, Virginia, this is where we gonna play tonight. Our instruments are still in the airport or maybe they’re lost somewhere, I worry.
Tonight’s show is important – it’s a cover show. That means we’re not going to play our songs, but we’ll play covers. Bill told me to play more All Time Low covers, ‘cause ATL are going to come, though he didn’t know exactly, boys’ schedule is really busy. I hoped to meet them, I love their music. Besides I have a little secret crush on Jack, he’s just so adorable. But I had Blake, he’s really sweet and I love him.
“Then deal with Stace, girl” Bill teased, smiled at my angry face expression and walked into the crew room answering the phone call; he is so busy. I crossed my arms on the chest and went to the dressing room.
Our backstage accommodation consisted of a big band room, the crew room, an instrument basement and a dressing room. A big hall connected these rooms and led to the stairways that led right on stage. Bathrooms were located in the backstage hall and in the dressing room.
I made my way to the messy dressing room. It took me a while to find my suitcase with clothes, it looked like the room was bombed. I threw on my concert outfit [http://www.polyvore.com/rock_show/set?id=36600045&.locale=ru] and made my way out of the dressing room back to my girls to hang out and get a drink.
“Cheers, Stacy” Wendy said. I came to her and we hugged, we haven’t seen each other since the last show in California ‘cause she went to meet her boyfriend and wasn’t with us in the plane.
“Yay” I cheered. “How’s Max?”
“Good, thanks. We had a wonderful time” She smiled. Mandy made kissy noises and we glanced at her.
“Shut up, Amanda, you’re single” I stated.
“Don’t call me like that, you know I don’t like my full name” She said. I stuck a tongue at her.
“So how are things with Blake?” Wendy asked taking a sip from her Red Bull can.
“Nice” I said, “As usual”
“Sweet” She responded. Blake was my boyfriend; I begged Bill to take him with us on tour, so he’s not working, just going with us everywhere. Though I had no clue where was he right now I didn’t think of something bad, I trusted him.
I went to the kitchen corner to grab a bottle of water. Jacob entered the room.
“Hey” he said, “The guitars are finally here. I thought they lost them.”
“Thank God!” I exclaimed, “I already started to prepare myself for playing on that shit from this club’s basement.”
“Haha relax Stacy, it’s okay now” Jake smiled. “Bill told me All Time Low haven’t answered if they will come or not.”
“Oh. Okay then, we’ve finally got guitars anyway” I stated.
“True. Sorry, I gotta go, I need to fix guitars for you guys” He said and walked out of the room.
“So guys have you seen Helena?” Wendy asked in a duh tone. “I haven’t seen her yet and we gotta sell JK merch together”
“Nope” Jess said straightening her tank top.
“Argh” Wendy growled. “Sorry guys, I need to find her…and where are the merch boxes?” She said making her way out of the room.
“Bill knows” Chelsea replied.
“Yeah, Bill knows everything” I laughed.
“So girls, the guitars are ready, ya know?” Bill stated entering the room. We burst out laughing. Bill just stared at us blankly, he knew we’re always like that, laughing, having fun and what not.
“Hey Bill what’s up with our merch? And where is Helena?” Wendy asked.
“All the merch stuff is in near the concert hall entrance already, I guess. I asked Helena to unpack the boxes till you come”
“Okay, nice, I’m coming” Wendy said and hurried to the exit or bitchy Helena will get mad.
“Chels, are you ready?” I asked looking at her simple clothes.
“Ah what?” She looked up from her iPhone.
“Are you gonna dress up or something?” I raised an eyebrow at her.
“Oh, yeah. I forgot.” She said laughing at herself and putting her iPhone into the back pocket of her jeans. “You look nice by the way” She said crossing the room to the exit.
“Thanks, Chels” I said.
“Uh!” Wendy yelled as she walked in. Her face looked angry.
“What happened? Helena?” Jess asked.
“Guess what? That bitch wasn’t even there! The boxes are simply standing on the merch table, unpacked! That’s a lot of work! The show is going to start soon, the fans are coming already. I’m afraid someone can steal our merch, there’s nobody there…” She trailed off and walked out thinking. Poor Wendy. I guess this time she’s going to kill Helena. Nobody liked her, so did I. She hated me because I took her place as a lead singer in JK and still can’t forget that.
Suddenly I got I haven’t make my hair, so I went to the bathroom to straighten and fix them. The bathroom was in the dressing room, which was connected to the band room.
I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom for a half an hour trying to put my hair in a right way without using the hair spray, failing miserably. I looked around and saw no hair spray in the bathroom. What? I was hoping someone will leave it here. Bingo! There’s one can left. I pressed the spray button but nothing came out, dammit! I walked out towards the band room yelling, with my hand holding an empty hair spray can, “Does anybody here has fucking hair spray?!”
Four pairs of new eyes stared at me. I froze as I saw All Time Low sitting on the sofa in the band room. Awkward silence filled the room. Jess and Mandy snickered and dressed up Chelsea shook her head smiling. Boys were all smiling at me; I watched Straight To DVD, their band movie, and saw they had sort of the same problem in their band too – no hair spray.
“Eh…Hey” I said to stop this silence. I had no idea what to say, All Time low were so popular and handsome, I became awfully shy in front of them. Plus, I didn’t know they were going to come. Jack was looking at me now, his dark eyes were amazing. You have Blake, bitch.
Wendy entered the room and I sighed – I was saved, now I can talk to her about merch, Helena and stuff. She looked kind of excited, like she had news. She glanced at the boys quickly but didn’t stop walking and grinning.
“What?” I asked trying to figure out what had just happened. “Did they fire Helena?”
“Haha that would be awesome, but no” She winked at me.
“So…?”
“Helena’s making out with some boy in the instrument basement!” She exclaimed.
“Whoa, I need to watch that!” I said loudly and we ran out of the room leaving Chels, Mandy and Jess discussing who was she making out with.
We went quickly to the basement and I saw Helena sucking a black-haired boy’s head. They heard us and pulled away from each other.
The one she was sucking with was
Blake.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. Tell me if you want to read more. ;)