Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

The Talk: Part I

-December 1, 2007-

It was finally December a couple of weeks after I officially ended my friendship with Nick and boy was it killing me on the inside. He and Miley seemed to be closer than ever before so I tried getting my mind off of it of course failing miserably.

Of course on Ryan Seacrest and other talk shows, we faked our friendship in front of the camera, but after a while, Joe had had enough of it. It was currently a few hours after the sound check had ended, but a few hours before we had to perform. Nick was on Miley’s bus again while Kevin, Joe and I were on our usual bus which was now in Arkansas.

I was strumming on my acoustic guitar I’d bought recently. It was all an aqua blue color except for the neck, the strings newly put on and adjusted properly. I hadn’t realized what I was strumming the guitar to, I was just doing it. Joe walked out as Kevin gave me a sympathetic smile.

I kept strumming my guitar my mind on the last thing I said to Nick.

“Fine! DON’T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN, NICHOLAS! WE’RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE!”

I shook my head just as my strumming came to an abrupt end my eyes focused on Kevin as he stood holding his phone to his ear and kept saying “uh huh” and “yep” to whomever it was on the other end before he walked out of the bus. I sighed as I thought of No One, strumming to that song now.

A light sigh escaped me as the bus door opened again, but it was neither Joe nor Kevin. Nick walked in as though he were conversing with Joe before the door shut abruptly.

“Are you kidding me?!” he exclaimed catching my attention.

I frowned in confusion before walking to one of the windows on the bus as Kevin held his phone to his ear helping Joe lean against the door to keep it shut. Nick’s phone rung and he reluctantly answered putting whoever it was on speaker phone.

N: Really, guys? Let us out!

J: No can do, Nick. You and Sam have been at each other’s heads for far too long. I refuse to let you guys end your friendship over something so stupid.

S: Something stupid?

K: Well, defensively speaking, Joe was doing this for the benefit of you guys.

S: *sighs*

N: How long are we going to be locked up like this?

J: Until you two have talked everything out to each other honestly.

S: Honestly? I’ve said what I needed to since I’m the one who’s delusional.

K: Sorry, Sam, but that’s bull. We’re gonna let you guys talk and when you’re done, let us know.

S&N: But-

K&J: *click*

Nick and I stared at one another before sitting down again, but I sat on my original couch while he sat on the other. I picked up my guitar again strumming it to one of their songs, surprisingly S.O.S. He stared at me as I continued strumming waiting on him to go first. He walked over to me taking my guitar gently out of my hands causing me to stare at him incredulously.

S: What the hell?!

N: Joe and Kevin aren’t going to let us out of here until we ‘talk’.

S: Well, haven’t you said what you needed to say?

N: *sighs* You and I both know you’re full of crap.

S: *rolls eyes*

N: Admit it, Sam. You were upset when I said I didn’t have feelings for you.

S: Why should that matter to me? One, I don’t care and two, it’s your life.

All of a sudden Nick grabbed my hands and sat down in front of my feet sighing deeply. This really caught my attention.

S: Um, what are you doing?

N: I was full of crap that day, too, but-

S: Oh please! You’re not going to sit here and tell me you were full of crap just to kiss me again! I’m done with your confusion. If you’re going to stay with Miley then stay with her! Just leave me alone!

N: *stares in shock as hands drop* D-do you really mean that?

S: *scoffs* Yeah. Just do it. She deserves all of your love and attention.

N: OK.

S: OK?

N: I’ll take your advice but only if we’re friends again.

S: Why should I be friends with you again?

N: Because-because-Well, I guess you have no reason to, but I’m begging you, Sam. Please, please put what was said behind us and let’s start over.

S: What would be the point? Wouldn’t I be the one suffering instead?

N: How do you figure?

S: I-I have feelings for you, too, Nick.

N: *looks away for a moment before staring back at face*

S: I know that complicates things, but you opened this can of worms.

N: *looks away*

S: *stands* How can I be friends with you when I know we have feelings for each other? I don’t want the same things to happen again. It was bad enough we’ve kissed twice and it makes me wonder..

N: Wonder what?

S: It makes me wonder if a third time would happen.

N: *Stands then stares at Sam* Please don’t tempt me.

S: Maybe because it’s forbidden or maybe because I like you. I don’t know really. *begins leaning in*

N: I don’t know either, but *takes a shaky breath* I feel the same way. *places hands on waist*

S: *cautiously puts hands on Nick’s face as their lips meet*

I was in complete bliss. It was like a breath of fresh air as our lips moved in sync. It was so wrong, but felt oh so right. It wasn’t long until Nick’s tongue flicked across the bottom of my lip and I let him in as our tongues wrestled for dominion, the sparks stronger than ever sending tingles all over my body.

It was so fantastic. When he pulled away, he took a deep breath staring at me in awe while I stared dazed at him. I took a breath too just as he spoke.

“We can’t do this anymore,” he said with certainty. Guilt filled me as I realized what just happened; I kissed him this time.

“I’m so friggin stupid!” I exclaimed slipping out of Nick’s grasp. I walked to my bunk blasting my music after I grabbed my IPod.

It didn’t take long before that ended, Nick sitting next to me.

“We both are,” he said catching my attention again.

We stared at one another in shame before he stood then left leaving me alone after he called Joe. A sigh escaped me as Joe walked in and Nick walked out. Joe walked over to me with a proud smile on his face before he spoke.

“So, did it work?” he asked excitedly.

I instinctively touched my lips as a quiet sigh escaped me.

“Define work,” I answered before spilling everything to him and his confused expression.

When I finished, he laughed.

“Wow so Nick’s really got himself in a rut,” he said after a while.

“So I’m a rut now?” I teased causing him to laugh again.

“No, but this situation is complicated,” he answered in a serious tone. This only made me feel worse.

I sighed causing him to speak again.

“Well, think of it this way; if you guys ever get the chance to date, then go for it,” he suggested before walking away.

I shook my head as I sat in my bunk thinking it all over. Miley didn’t deserve this. She didn’t deserve any of this. A tear slid down my cheek as I felt like a total slut bucket. I had officially considered myself as the other woman and I didn’t like it at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated! I'm loving the new Mibba. ^_^

As always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe. Also, please check out my newest story here.

It's not a Nick Jonas fan-fiction, but it's interesting.

Again, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.