Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

New Year's Eve Part II

A few hours passed and sure enough the time for the party arrived and I was entirely ready. My hair was in soft ringlet curls like the first concert I had with the boys, but it was pinned back slightly.

I was nervous to say the least, but to my surprise, Miley wasn’t mad at me. In fact, she kept trying to talk to me as we got ready. The guys were already ready and we agreed for the sake of surprise to not see each other until we got to the party.

My phone was in my clutch and it soon vibrated indicating I’d gotten a text. I pulled it out walking out of my hotel room I shared with Miley this time around and read it. It was from Nick.

I can’t wait to see you. Sucks you didn’t at least let me see the dress beforehand.

A giddy laugh escaped me as I responded to him.

Well, you’re just going to have to wait. And you can’t wait to see me? I can’t wait to see you, too.

It was strange, but it wasn't unusual texting or saying things like that to him. Nick couldn’t wait to see me though was what really made a warm, fuzzy feeling run through me. Miley brought me out of my thoughts, however.

“Who are you texting?” she asked in a nosy tone. Luckily I had already exited my texting menu and it had fallen asleep.

“Nobody,” I answered nervously.

“Please, it had to be someone. Are you expecting to meet up with a guy there?” she asked with slight excitement.

I nodded in return causing Miley to squeal.

“Wow. I want to know everything about him. Start from the beginning,” she said linking arms with me as we got into the elevator.

Much of the time including the ride to the party was spent with Miley asking 20 questions about my mystery date, but she didn’t find out who it was thank goodness. We exited the black car we were in, my coat obscuring my dress entirely to avoid any type of spoilers to the crowd or even to anyone who knew me.

The crowd outside of the building cheered in excitement when Miley got out of the car dressed in pants, a fancy blouse, boots, and a jacket, but when I stepped out silence reigned and nothing but paparazzi flashes went off along with, “Beautiful, Sam!” from each photographer.

I smiled sheepishly as I headed into the building.

“Great. Now I gotta find Nick,” I mumbled to myself with Miley a distance away whom couldn’t hear me.

Demi unlinked arms with me after she did for five seconds once we got inside and scanned the crowd. At the foot of the elegant stairs stood the guys all dressed in black tuxes. Nick’s hair wasn’t as long seeing as he got a little of it cut for the party.

A quiet gasp escaped me and Demi as I took in Nick and she took in Joe. We walked slowly over to them just as a man came over and took our coats revealing my dress. I felt almost every eye in the place follow my figure as Demi and I approached the boys praying mentally so I wouldn’t fall or anything.

We hadn’t even made it within five feet of them when they realized we were there. Kevin saw us first, and then indicated with a nod of the head to Joe and Nick about us approaching. A look of shock covered both of their faces whereas a proud smile covered Kevin’s face. He gave me a thumbs-up while Joe and Nick were looking at Demi and me and soon enough our footsteps came to a halt.

“Wow, you guys look amazing!” Joe gushed staring from Demi and I and back again.

“Thanks,” we said in a shy tone.

Joe held out his arm to her which she gladly took and they went to the upper floors. Kevin’s phone went off and he met up with Danielle leaving Nick and I alone. He mimicked Joe’s actions causing me to blush when he spoke.

“Shall we?” he asked with a smirk. I nodded linking arms with him as I felt comfortable at his side.

I had forgotten all about Miley or the fact that she didn’t know who my date was for the night because with Nick, it seemed like everything disappeared. When we got to our table with the others, we couldn’t stop talking to one another even if it was about a song that was playing. We talked about everything that happened over the past month and the last few days and even joked about things to make the other laugh.

My mind was in a daze as the smile I had on my lips didn’t ever escape me even when the guys had to go and perform. I watched on the inside of the building as the boys performed Hold On (and had changed clothes beforehand). I loved the look in Nick’s eyes as he performed trying desperately to not let the smile that covered his lips when he was with me appear on his lips the entire performance.

But just as I was getting comfortable watching him, reality slapped me in the face with Miley’s return as she finally found me again.

“You came with Nick?! I can’t believe you!” she exclaimed.

“What?” I asked in confusion as I tore my eyes from him.

“You told me you were meeting with someone tonight, but you never said it was my ex-boyfriend!” she said angrier than the first time.

“I-I’m sorry, Miley. He asked me and I didn’t know how to tell you!” I admitted.

“Whatever. Don’t talk to me again. I trusted you and this is how you repay me? Thanks for stabbing me in the back!” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t stab you!” I defended.

“Then what did you do ‘cause you sure as hell didn’t tell me the truth!” she retorted causing me to feel worse than I already did about the matter. Luckily, Demi came to my rescue.

“You have to go on soon so stop bashing Sam!” she said. Miley looked from me, to Demi, and finally Nick as he and his brothers performed before storming out of the room into the night air with them.

“Are you OK?” Demi asked in a concerned tone. I nodded, but still felt shaky all around.

After the performance was over, I had gone to a balcony that looked on the opposite side of the roof and thought about Miley’s words. This was so messed up. The door I had entered opened and judging by the fact that his coat was on me, I knew it was Nick.

“I’m sorry about what happened between you and Miley,” he said with sincerity.

“It’s OK. I just-I know how she feels, but when she says it, it makes me feel worse, you know?” I asked causing him to nod in response.

“But you’re not a bad person, Sam,” he said with honesty.

“Then why do I feel like one?” I asked avoiding his gaze.

“Because you’re trying to balance between the two and it’s not working. You should at least enjoy the time we spend together and not worry about what everyone else thinks,” he suggested.

“I know,” I mumbled.

Nick moved closer to me so that our arms were touching, bending his head down to my right ear.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he whispered sending shivers down my body. I swallowed licking my lips nervously before responding.

“Thanks,” I answered in a shy tone.

Soon enough, we heard the countdown start and I looked to Nick as Demi, Joe, Kevin, Danielle, Denise, Mr. Jonas, and Frankie join us, but we stood in the back towards the doors and began counting with them.

“What do you want to happen this New Year?” Nick asked loudly over everyone’s counting.

“I don’t know. I just want it to be a good year with your brothers, Demi, your parents, my dad and,” I said trailing off.

“I want the New Year to bring new beginnings. A new road, a new person in my life,” he said trailing off as he stared at me.

“I want that person to be you, Sam,” he finished causing me to smile.

“I want to have a good year with you, Nick,” I agreed as a smile covered his lips.

“I at least want to do this right,” he said suddenly placing his hands on my cheeks before leaning in and kissing me just as everyone hit the 1.

Best. New Year’s. Ever!
♠ ♠ ♠
Probably the last chapter/update I have for this story for a while. I'm currently in my second Summer Term of college and combining that with my favorite MMORPG Elsword, that doesn't leave me with much time to write anything.

Anywho, I hope to update this story as well as the other stories that have been rarely updated or slowly updated in the near future.

As always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.