‹ Prequel: Chaos
Sequel: Vanguard

Heart Ache and Spark Break

Three

"He has absolutely lost it," I said watching, Simmons' melt down on national television.

"Yeah, but he knows what he's talking about," Sam said.

"Are you sure about that?" Trent asked.

"Unfortunately yes," I agreed.

"He knows everything there is to know and has the resources to find out anything we're missing."

"I'm calling," Sam said walking away with his phone.

"HE'S STILL AN ASSHOLE!" I screamed. I walked over to the table. I pulled out Jazzy. "Wake up Bud," I said. He transformed and crawled on my shoulder. I handed him to Trent. "Trent this is Jazzy. Jazzy meet uncle Trent," I said.

"Hey little guy," Trent cooed.

"Hi," he chirped happily.

At the same time Simmons and his assistant had arrived.

"Who's the meat head?" Simmons asked, when we walked inside. Bee was in his usual spot.

"That's my twin, Trent," I said.

"Who's your little helper?" Mikaela asked

"That's Dutch," he answered.

"Please you two try not to kill each other," Sam said to Simmons and me.

"As long as he doesn't start anything," I said.

"Me?! You're trying to start something right now."

"No. I'm just stating something. You're the one making an issue out of it."

"I'm not making an issue out of it. If you want me to make an issue out of it, I will make an issue out of it though."

"Will you to stop?" Mickey tried to interject.

"Shut it criminal!" Simmons barked.

"Oh here we go with this again," Leo said, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"Go ahead, make the fucking issue! You can start shit, but you can't fucking finish it!" I said.

"You're so full of yourself now aren't you, just because you're half robot?"

"I'm not fucking full of myself! If anyone here is full of themselves, it's you, Mr. TV meltdown."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really, you cock sucker."

"Cock sucker?! You're the one fucking the robot!"

"At least I'm fucking something, unlike you."

"I've got girls lin-"

"You've got your right hand," I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I can't work with her. She's crazy," he said to Sam.

"I'm crazy? Have you looked in the damn mirror?"

"You. Are. crazy."

I retracted my pretender skin and sprung out my blades. "You want crazy? I will fucking show you crazy, when I cut you!" I said.

"See, she's getting homicidal for no reason."

"ENOUGH!" Dutch screamed.

"You two need to calm down," Mick added.

"Fine." I walked sat down on the couch. I saw him offline some of his systems until he was in a practical stasis. His holoform appeared next to me. he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I leaned into him.

"We have to break this case down. What we have here is an astronaut epidemic. M.I.A. Dead. Died in a car accident. Killed. D.O.A. Car death. It's like these guys can't drive. They can fly into outer space, but they can't drive a car," Simmons said. Dutch was busy looking things up on the internet.

Sam had called some guy he knew to get him Wang's file and to run errands. He came to the door. "Procured your information, Witwicky."

"Thank you, Bruce." Sam said. He went to shut the door.

Bruce stuck his foot in it. Now, let me see one, right now, one time."

"Quick."

"Very."

"We have company." I said to Bee.

He deactivated his holoform nad went back to his bipedal mode.

Simmons and Dutch eyed him warily. Leo was busy working on what Dutch had started. Trent was confused, and Mikaela was not at all impressed. I just glared. Neither the human nor the Cybertronian half of my face looked friendly.

"Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. It says NASA launched it in 2009. See forensics show Wang may have messed with the code, preventing NASA from mapping the far side of the moon, which is also the dark side." Sam said reading the file Bruce had brought.

"Fucking awesome," Bruce said, looking at Bee.

"They infiltrate us, intimidate us, coerce us to do their dirty work and once they're done a double tap to the cerebellum," Simmons said.

"So humans are working for the decepticons," Trent deduced.

"I don't think this is about the decepticons looking for something on the moon," Leo said.

"It's about something they wanted to hide," I finished.

"Come to Daddy," Bruce was in some odd fighting stance, looking at Bee. Bee just shooed him away. "Come on throw down."

Bee activated his battle mask.

"Are you fucking retarded?" I asked Bruce. He ignored me.

"Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?" Bee asked.

Trent, Mikaela and I started cracking up.

Bee activated his cannon and leaned forward causing Bruce to fall. He had his cannon right over him.

"Hey!" I yelled, deactivating my pretender skin. I grabbed Bruce and dragged him out from under Bee and out the door. "He can only pin me underneath him," I said, knowing damn well that it would cause Sam and Trent to freak out.

It did. "JESUS CHRIST!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

They started screaming.

"THAT'S JUST WRONG! HE'S MY BEST FRIEND AND YOU'RE LIKE MY SISTER!"

"SHE IS MY SISTER!" Trent screamed.

I started laughing. "I could talk about how-"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" they screamed.

I laughed. Jazzy was working with Brains on looking things up. "We're smoking over here," Brains said.

"Downloading missing Russian cosmonauts," Jazzy explained.

"Turns out the Soviets canceled a manned mission to the moon. The moon in 1972. And two of their cosmonauts went into hiding in America," Brains said.

"And we just found them alive," Jazzy finished. Brains was printing out what they found.

"You two are geniuses," Wheelie said.

Just then Carly walked in.

"Oh he's in some deep shit now," I said. Trent laughed.

Bee got flustered with the situation and jumped, knocking down the chandelier.

"That was smooth, Bumblebee," Brains said sarcastically.

"Brains shut the fuck up! Bee calm down. She's not going to do anything. I know it's awkward," I said. He transformed down, and his holoform got out. "Missed it by that much." He typed on his iPod touch and handed it to her to read.

"It's okay, Bee," she said. She looked at the rest of us. "Would somebody care to tell me what the hell is going on, and who is he?" She pointed to Simmons.

"Who are you?" Simmons asked.

"Who are you?"

"Who am I? Who is that? Dutch frisk her."

"Dutch don't," I said,"Uh well we're trying to figure out why the decepticons are killing people. You've met Jazzy and my brother. That's Simmons AKA asshole and Dutch his assistant. And this is Mikaela another friend of ours, and you already met Leo. I'm Brent. Dutch, Simmons, this is Carly. She lives here."

"Great we're homeless," Wheelie said.

"She lives here? Wow!" Simmons said. He turned to Dutch. "You had a chance to frisk her."

"I have a girlfriend," Dutch said.

"Really?" Simmons questioned.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"India," he said in a drawn out way. He was making it up as he went.

"I call-" I started.

"Bullshit," Trent finished.

I looked at him and smiled. He put his hand out for a fist bump, which I returned.

Sam followed Carly upstairs. She came back down, all dressed up. Sam was following after her, pleading with her.

":.Brenton, Bee?" Sides asked in my comlink.

":.What?"

":.We're pulling up outside of Sam's building."

":.Who all is we?" I asked.

":.Sides, Sunny, Jazz and I," Dino said.

":.Got it," I responded.

"We've got more bots," I said.

"It's time to move out," Trent said.

Bee opened his doors, and I got in along with Trent, Wheelie and Brains. Jazzy was in my jacket pocket.

We walked outside. Bee drove out. I looked at Trent. "The red lambo is Sideswipe, the yellow one is Sunstreaker. The Ferrari is Dino. The Solstice is Jazz," I explained, "Jazz is cool. Sides is like you and Sunny is like you were. Ride with Jazz and Leo. Mikaela and I will go with Bee. Sam ride with Simmons," I said.

"Set up perimeter around the Maybach," Trent said. We all hit the road. I was in charge of watching all of the little bots. When we finally went to the bar where the cosmonauts were known to hang out, Bee dropped me off and went to circle the place with the rest of them. I leaned against the side of Simmons' car.

"The thing about Russians is that they never like to talk. It's gonna take a little of the international language," Simmons said, when we walked up to the door.

"I thought these things only existed in movies," I whispered.

"До свидания." Simmons said to the guy standing on the other side of the door.

"That means good bye," the man said. Simmons knocked again. This time he held up a wad of cash. They let us in. This bar type thing was dark and for some reason reminded me of a brothel.

We walked over to the cosmonauts. Simmons led the pack. Sam and I were in back. Mikaela and Leo stayed outside.

"Dutch, give me something tough," Simmons said. Dutch was riffling through his English to Russian dictionary.

"Uh Baryshnikov," he said.

"We do speak English," the one cosmonaut said.

"Dutch, you suck," Simmons said.

"It's a Cyrillic alphabet. It's like all the buttons you never punch on a calculator. I don't suck."

"You don't suck," I agreed.

"Agent Seymour Simmons Sector 8 formerly Sector 7. We know, who you are, cosmonautichiks," I could tell already things weren’t going to go smoothly.

"So what?" the one guy said.

"You were supposed to travel to the dark side of the moon, then it all got shot down. The question is why?"

The chick with the two men started talking, and then started screaming across the place to an ugly older lady at the bar. The lady screamed back. The original chick pulled a gun on Simmons the bar lady pulled a gun on Dutch. Sam was pinned to a chair, and Trent and I were back to back both of us with a gun in our face.

"Go ahead shoot me." Simmons said.

"Simmons, she doesn’t need any encouragement," I barked at him.

She said something to him. I was trying to translate, but it just wasn't working out. My processor couldn't search fast enough, because I wasn't sure, what I was searching for.

"I'm willing to die for my country are you?"

"That's better than the one man alone crap from Egypt," I said to Sam.

I saw Dutch turn around. He had this odd look on his face like he was just some kind of bad ass. I wasn't about to stand there with a gun in my face for much longer. I only hoped Trent was gonna act too.

"You're beautiful. Has anyone ever told you you're beautiful?" Simmons said, "She's a beautiful woman."

All at the same time, I kicked the guy in front of me in the gut and grabbed his gun handing it to Trent, who had gotten rid of his gun man. Dutch meanwhile had taken out the ugly bar lady.

"Dutch back in the cage."

"Brent, your arm!" Sam hollered. I looked down at my arm which as no longer in its pretender skin, but was the small plasma cannon.

Dutch had two guns aimed at this point.

"Dutch! Hold Dutch hold!" Simmons yelled.

"Control your boy please. Control your boy," Sam was pleading with Simons. I transformed my cannon back into my servo.

Dutch calmed for a minute and Simons started speaking gibberish. "I'm so sorry. That is the old me," Dutch said.

"Alright everyone, calm your shit. Calm your shit," I repeated.

The cosmonauts looked at each other, before taking us to show us what they knew.

"You are about to see one of the biggest Soviet secrets." The one said.

"America first to send man to the moon, but USSR first to send camera. In 1959, our Luna 3 take picture of the dark the shadow side. Sees nothing, but in 1963 Luna 4 sees..."

"Strange rocks," the second one cut in.

"Yeah."

"Around the ship. Hundreds of them with some drag marks."

They showed us the picture. "These aren’t rocks," I said.

"They're pillars," Sam finished, "We know because the autobots have five of them."

"The Decepticons must have raided the ship before Apollo 11 ever got there, took the pillars and hid them," Simmons said.

"It doesn't make sense. The Decepticons have the ship. They have all those pillars. Why would they leave Sentinel, when he's the only one that can use them?"

"Unless that's what they still need," I said, "Think about it. They get him and they have control of the space bridge"

"We need to call Lennox," Trent said.

"No Mearing," Sam said.

"I'm comlinking Optimus," I said. ":.Optimus, we have a problem," I said.

":.Brent? What's wrong?"

":.You need to get Sentinel back to base. He's the key to everything. The Decepticons have the rest of the pillars. We need to guard him."

":.We're enroute," he said a few moments later.

":.We'll be there to back you up," I told him. We went and picked up Sentinel. I was in the driver's side and Sam was in the passenger's seat of Bee. Jazz had Mikaela and Trent. Leo was in Simmons' Maybach.

We met up with Sentinel. Optimus was ten minutes back. Things got bad once we hit the DC Parkway. The black police suburbans pulled up behind Simmons who was in back. One of the Suburbans transformed, pulling, Sam and Leo out throwing them carelessly. It knocked down the road signs. The other two used them as ramps to launch themselves into the air, where they transformed.

"Bee, you got to get Sentinel out of here. You got to guard him!"

"No fucking shit!" I screamed at Sam. I looked back. The three cons were catching up, destroying anything in their path.

"Watch out! Watch out! Watch out!" Sam screamed.

The cons jumped over us. Bee partially transformed and began shooting at them. Sides and Streaker, did the same. Dino transformed and grabbed a con with his whips.

"Shoot him! Shoot Him! Shoot him, Bee!" Sam screamed.

Dino was being dragged. He jumped up on the Jersey barrier, allowing Bee to have a good shot. Bee fired multiple missiles and the con blew up. Dino pulled moving its body out of our way. He transformed back into his alt mode and started chasing them again. The two cons left were flipping cars to slow us down. Bee the twins jumped over it, while Dino drove around. I swear my ear was bleeding from Sam's screams.

Bee transformed completely down.

"Bee, you've got to move faster! Faster Bee! Go!" Sam screamed.

"Sam, he knows what he's doing! Shut the hell up!"

The con knocked over a truck carrying a bunch of tanks of some sort. Bee transformed, throwing Sam and I out. Sam and I were both screaming this time. Bee knocked some stuff out of the way, preventing it from hitting us, before grabbing us and transforming throwing us back in the front seat.

"Holy fucking shit!" I said.

"Alright back to NEST," Sam said, once he stopped screaming.

We got into the city near base. We rounded a corner, and Ironhide drove straight towards the cons. The twins were behind him guns drawn. As soon as we were on base, Bee let Sam and I out. We ran over to Lennox.

"Lennox!" I screamed.

"These fucking fragtarded Decepticons are everywhere!" I hollered.

"I've got my whole team out looking for them. Ironhide! Protect Sentinel, get him locked up inside!"

"Consider it done!" the gruff mech said.

"Hey, you've got to guard him 'cause he's the key to the while thing," Sam said.

"Indeed I am,"Sentinel agreed, "What you must realize, my autobot brothers, is that we were never going to win the war."

"No. No! NO!" I screamed, understanding the dreadful feeling I had felt the day before.

"For the sake of our planet, a deal had to be made, with Megatron," Sentinel said.

"RUN! GET OUT!" I screamed.

He shot Ironhide in the back.

"Get back!" Lennox screamed.

"What have you done?" Ironhide asked as he turned to rust.

"I hereby discharge you from duty," Sentinel said, shooting him again. Sam and I were blown back by the impact. I landed on my robot foot force taking the impact before lowering my other foot.

Sentinel started taking shots at Bee.

"BEE!" Sam and I screamed. Lennox pushed Sam back and had to use all of his force to pull me away. "NO! BEE!" I screamed. Bee got a couple of shots off before flipping over the fence and away. He dragged us behind the corner of the building.

"Rally all NEST forces back to the base! Come on!" He grabbed Sam and I and led us through base pass the main hangar that was now completely destroyed thanks to Sentinel. We looked over the hangar, just as Optimus rolled in. I was crying into Lennox, gripping too hard with my Cybertronian arm to let him leave my grasp.

"Yeah, take a look Optimus! This is all on you!" Mearing yelled at him.

"Sentinel hit the vault, took the pillars."

I let go of Lennox and he kicked a piece of metal before running off with his men to make a plan to fight Sentinel.

"Trent, Jazz, Mikaela?! Where are they?" I asked.

":.I took 'em to they hotel." Jazz said in my comlink. I moved as fast as my legs would take me the few blocks to the hotel. I ran up to Mikaela’s room and banged on the door.

"Oh my god, are you alright?!" she asked, pulling me over to the edge of the bed and hugging me. She had been crying, I could tell.

"No," I said. ":.Bee?

":.I'm okay. Brent, how are you?" He asked.

":.Better, now that i know you're okay. Where are you?"

":.Looking for Sentinel with the twins," he said. I instantly bristled.

":.Don't worry. We’re only going to report his location to Optimus," he said. "You need to take a shower, get dressed and calm down, I'll be there in just a little while.

":.Love you."

":.Love you too." Jazzy crawled out of her pocket and over to me. He held on right over my spark. Trent came out of the bathroom and hugged me. "This is what you've been going through for the last few years?" he asked.

"Mission city and Egypt, but I have never been so scared as I am now," I said. I pulled away. I grabbed some yoga pants and a tank top. I went in the bathroom, took a shower and changed. I crawled onto one of the beds and curled up onto into a ball.

About two hours later there was a knock on the door. Trent got up and answered it. Bee's holoform walked in. I got up and threw myself into his arms.

"I actually went and got you two another room." Mikaela said, handing Bee a key. "223," he said.

Trent tried to hide his disgust, but I still heard him gag.

-----

I woke up, when a feeling of extreme anger and heartbreak took over my body. It was around four thirty in the morning. I looked over at Bee, who was angrier than I had ever seen him before.

"Bee, what's wrong?" I asked, worried.

He didn't say anything. He remained still. "Bee what's wrong?" I asked starting to panic. I remained calm on the outside though. Hysterical wasn't going to do us any good right now.

"Don't panic," he said.

"I'm not panicking," I lied.

"Slag. Yes, you are. I can feel it," he said. His eyes widened. He looked at me. I was shocked and excited, but didn't have a clue why.

"You're confused," he said.

"Well you just went from pissed to looking like you've seen the ghost of Elvis or something."

"How you feel right now?" he asked.

"What are you my shrink?"

"Confused, tired, irritated, yet shocked and excited?"

"Exactly."

"I feel it too."

"Wait what?"

"I feel what you're feeling." he said.

"So what I'm feeling is what you're feeling?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Bumblebee, what the fuck is going on?"

"We're bonded," he said.

My jaw dropped. "Bonded? like bonded, bonded?"

"Bonded."

"Oh my god!" I said.

"We're spark mates," he said.

"Spark mates," I repeated. Then I thought about it. "So what made you angry. What made you so angry that it woke me up?" I asked.

He looked down and I could feel the sadness he felt.

"They're making us leave," he said. "They aren't going to do anything to you because you're half human, but they're going to make us leave. "

I was on flame. "After everything that you have done for them, the multiple times that you have saved their asses, they're making you leave?"

"Sentinel said he'd be peaceful, if we were exiled. They're calling in everyone, who has something to do with us. There are cops outside, waiting on you Trent and Mikaela right now."

"No," I said.

"I have to go," he said.

"So what, we're never going to see each other again?" I asked.

"We'll always have each other," he said, "In our sparks. I'll see you before we leave." He kissed me, before his holoform disappeared.