Sink or Swim

Six

Alex’s pov
I climbed up on the roof of Bug’s house and grabbed him before he could shut the window. He screamed then I popped in.

“Sorry! Mind if I drop in?”

I continued, “Quite a day, huh? I’m about faked out.”

“What are you doing here?” Bug questioned.

“I killed my father. I need a place to hide out.”

His eyes went wide, “you really killed him?”

I shook my head, “I wanted to. Actually he was trying to kill me.”

“Bug? Get down here, please.” May called.

Bug looked over at me, “Stay out of sight.”

He left the room and I plopped back on the bed. I knew he probably wasn’t going to be back for awhile so I lounged on the bed and shut my eyes until there was a few thumps and sniffles. I opened my eyes and turned to see Nash coming through the window with blood on her, she had tear stained cheeks and looked like she had just been through hell.

“Alex.” She cried and clutched onto me for dear life.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, what’s wrong?” I asked.

She shook her head, more tears cascaded down her cheeks, “Brandon’s dead. The ripper got him, I watched it happen. It was horrible”

She sobbed into my shoulder. I pulled her close and rubbed her back soothingly, “Shhh it’s okay, I wont let anyone hurt you.”

“Promise?” She sniffled.

I nodded, “Promise.”

She finally stopped shaking and I brushed the tears away from her eyes, “Come on, let’s go to my house. My dad’s probably gone and you need to get out of those clothes.”

Nash nodded and I helped her out of the window and off of the roof. We walked over to my house, avoiding the woods. Quint’s car was gone so it was safe to bring her inside. I grabbed a hold of her hand and pulled her up the stairs.

“The bathroom is in here, I’ll be out here.”

I turned to leave but she grabbed my arm and pulled me inside with her, “Don’t leave me alone, please.”

I hesitated then nodded, “Okay.”

She kicked off her shoes, pulled her beanie off her head and pulled her braids out, and stared at herself in the mirror then glanced over at me. I hadn’t realized that I’d been staring.

“Sorry.” I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my neck, looking down at the floor.

She smiled softly, “It’s fine.” Then stepped into the shower, closing the curtain so I couldn’t see her strip all the way.

She tossed her clothes over the curtain and turned the water on. I sat down on the sink and waited for her to be done.

“Alex?” She asked after a few minutes of silence beside the sound of the water running.

“Yeah?” I answered.

It was silent for a moment then she spoke, “Thank you.”

“No problem really.” I couldn’t help but smile.

I set a towel down on the counter for her then quietly left the bathroom to go get some clothes for her to wear.

***

Nash’s pov
I smiled to myself as I let the water run down on me. I quickly shampooed and conditioned my hair before shutting off the water and grabbing the towel that was on the counter, Alex must have left the bathroom to find me something to wear.

“Alex?” I called wrapping the towel around my naked body then walking out into the hallway.

There was nothing but silence. With wet feet I carefully walked down the hall and looked at the bottom of the stairs to see Alex’s dad laying at the bottom of the stairs with his neck twisted funny and his eyes looked the same as Brandon’s had……………………..he was dead.

I gasped and backed up into a chest.

“Hello Nash, ready to join your brother?” The ripper laughed holding up the same knife he killed my brother with.

I screamed and held onto the towel tight as I ran trying not to slip on the hardwoods floors. He was close behind and I was terrified. I slipped and slid straight across the floor, into a wall. Quickly I scrambled to get up but he was too quick. The ripper brought his knife down across my arm making me cry out in pain. A phone started to ring blasting ‘The Fight’ by Avenged Sevenfold. But I didn’t have my phone, the ripper did. He cursed then stuck his knife into the wall by my head leaving me petrified with fear. I shut my eyes and just waited for the knife to slam into me just like it had to Brandon, but it never did. When I opened my eyes I found that he was gone, just leaving a hole in the wall where the knife had been. I didn’t see him so I scurried to the closet room and shut the door, locking it behind me. I shut my eyes so tight with my back up against the wall farthest away from the door so I didn’t notice the window opened.

“Jesus, Nash, what the fuck happened?” Alex asked.

I pulled him close, “The ripper was here, your dad is dead. He tried to kill me. Penelope was right, the end is near.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, what?” He shook his head trying to grasp onto what was happening.

I clutched onto him for dear life, “Why did you leave?”

“I left to get you a bra and that stuff from Fang, not willingly I kinda stole it.” He held up a green bra and a pair of purple panties.

I smiled and took them from his grasp, “Thank you” I smiled and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

Alex blushed and smiled, “No problem.”

He turned and grabbed me a pair of dark jeans and a Slayer t-shirt. I thanked him, then motioned for him to turn around.

“I really don’t want to leave the room so, turn around.”

He smiled and turned around, covering his eyes with his hands to ensure me that he wasn’t looking. Quickly I dropped the towel and pulled the clothes on then quietly walked in front of Alex and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He uncovered his eyes and stared at me for a minute before pulling me closer and closing the gap between our lips. I grabbed onto the collar of his jacket and let him set his hands on the area of my back just before my ass. I pulled his jacket off and let him pick me up, carrying me over to the bed.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked as I slid off the shirt that I had just put on.

I nodded and ran my fingers through his curly hair, “Yeah, do you?”

He smiled and hungrily kissed my neck.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”