Status: Updates every four days.

The Kids From Yesterday

Happy Endings Exist

I smiled as I pushed the my hair out of my face. It was beautiful. a mural spanning across the entirety of what was left of Battery City, telling one epic, wordless story. It started with the fabulous four, melding into a depiction of the two teenagers who were almost as famous, then into the new family, all of us, standing strong on the battle field. There was some other stuff, the fights, some gore, some graffiti, until it covered all the white brick.

"Girl! She's having it now!" Silver yelled to me. It was the third birth this week. My name hadn't changed since i'd been given it right after the last battle. There were a million Adrenaline Frequency's and Silver Electric's running around, but not one Girl besides me. We still kept in contact with the originals, too. Society was being reestablished the way it was supposed to be. Show Pony was the first mail man, keeping himself in shape with daily trips to the mail box. Dr. D, although he'd aged, was still going strong on the radio, and Candy and Angel had finally stopped at six kids.

"I'll be there in a second! I just need to finish writing about this." Adrenaline generously offered me the use of her unfinished books, and I took the opportunity gladly.

"There's no time to wait! Oh god, Grace! You know I can't stand child birth!"

I rolled my eyes with a smile and got myself to the makeshift hospital. Killer was already inside, holding tight to the hand of the mother of his first child, his own hand slowly going white from lack of blood flow.

"Hey Crimson, you holding up alright?" Crimson Rain found us before we could find her, and she and Killer hit it off right away. Well... more like she hit him. But it was only out of instinct, and when she was apologizing, they started talking.

Everyone was free. My mother was never found, but she didn't end up in the killjoy heaven either, so I chose to believe that she was still out there, somewhere, living life the way she wanted to.

"She's going to break my hand-"

"Don't worry sweetie, you'll be fine, you're doing good!" Candy reassured Crimson. "Girl, would you mind taking Killer's place for a little bit? Killer, go see the Kobra Kid, he might be able to help you out. He should be playing cards with the rest of them, it being Saturday and all."

Yeah. Things were just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
^_^ Last chapter ever. So... comments?