Sequel: There You Are

Here I Am

Sixteen

“Please tell me she said yes,” was Kaner’s first statement as he skated up next to me as I made phenomenal saves. “Why else would you actually be stopping pucks?”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “When was the last time you made a goal?”

He grinned. “Look at you, being sassy Mr. Sass Pants,” he skated away.

I rolled my eyes and skated over to Riley who was sitting on the bench. “So, you’re cool with you guys living with me?” I asked for the third time. I had to make sure that the kid was okay with this.

He smiled at me, a gap where his front tooth should be. “This is going to be so cool! Can we stay up late tonight and play Mario?” his eyes got super wide and he pouted his lower lip.

I was so close to giving in.

“No,” Sharpie skated by. “You say no Crow,” he reminded me, raising his eyebrow at Riley. He put two fingers to his eyes and pointed them to Riley. “I’m watching you and your sneaky ways kid.”

“Aw come on Sharpie!” Riley whined. “You’re such a party pooper!”

Sharpie smiled then. “I need my goaltender in tip top shape for our game tomorrow. And you need to be able to stay awake to cheer us on.”

He sighed dramatically. “Fine!”

“That’s what I thought kid.”

After practice Riley and I stopped for ice cream on the way home, getting Delia some chocolate ice cream. We walked in and I wasn’t sure what I was expecting. Maybe something normal.

“What the. . .” I trailed off.

Delia popped out from one of the boxes. “Hey there boys! Did I get some?” she asked, pointing at Riley’s cone. “You better have fed him lunch first too.”

“Um. . .what are you doing?” I asked.

“Don’t evade the question Corey Crawford. Did you or did you not get me ice cream?”

“What?” I snapped back to reality. “Oh yeah of course,” I said, handing her the ice cream.

“I’m trying to decide what stays, what goes, and what to put in storage,” Delia explained. “Johnn’ys got one more box he’s bringing in of Riley’s things.”

“Is my dinosaur here?!” Riley asked.

“Yes sweetie. He’s already in your room on your bed.”

He sprinted off and I opened a box. “So, everything work out okay today?” I asked.

“Oh yeah. Tazer’s a miracle worker and frightenly charming when he chooses to be. Kind of scary,” she smiled. “So yeah, sorry about the mess.”

“Nah it’s okay,” I said, making my way over. “I’m just tired and it took a few minutes for this to process.”

She came up to me, less than an inch away, her hands in her back pockets of her tight jeans. She looked up at me, a small smirk on her lips. I, like the smart guy I am, stood there like an idiot.

She stood on her tip toes, kissing me just barely and pulling away. “Did you process that Mr. Corey Crawford?”

She turned to go, but I pulled her back and man I kissed her like I’ve wanted to for a long long time. She had her hands in my hair, I had my arms around her waist, roaming her beautiful figure. Life was perfect.

“Ahem,” Tazer coughed from the door.

I sighed, hanging my head. And it was just ruined. “Hey Tazer.”

“Don’t sound too excited to see me Crow,” he chirped, putting the last box down on the ground. “I’m leaving, I’m leaving. Practice tomorrow at nine. Delia. . .yeah. . .” he shook his head and left.

“What was that all about?”

She looked all innocent. “What? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Come on, let’s make some dinner.”

I shrugged it off. S”I don’t think I like you and Tazer having secrets.”

“Why is that?” she asked, pulling out some ingredients.

“Because I’m paranoid you two are conspiring against me,” I admitted.

She laughed. “That’s actually a very valid reason,” she winked at me.

Oh this is going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor for Corey being a bad ass to Mike Smith with that stare and the chirping. Love you Corey Crawford