Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Faint Illusion

I Owe You Every Day I Wake

Every love story deserved to end happy. It deserved a man and a woman who go great lengths battling dragons or escaping evil step mothers to achieve the ultimate gift. Love. 
Love is defined as an intense feeling of passion. It's a strong feeling of affection and personal attachment. 
We are taught to love all. Love everything. Appreciate everything around us. We are taught this in school. "What are you thankful for?" "Love your mother, father, brother, sister and pet." love love love love love love love. 

No one taught us how to deal with it when the love turns into indifference or hate. Those 'honeymoon feelings' (if you must) disappear. They evolve into something different. No one taught us how to cope. 
How to Deal

We are subliminally taught the reason of our existence is to procreate. To get married, start a family in a silly little cookie cutter neighborhood have a desk job. Make the morning commute. Make the evening commute. Roast on Sundays at 4pm on the dot. Iron the children's school uniforms, kiss them off goodbye. Die. Rot. Decompose. Sad boring lives. 

&&

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Elizabeth Graham asked as she stood next to me in her party attire. Her pale hands gripped my shoulder as she leaned down to see herself in the mirror. Her perfect blonde hair in subtle curls and her cheeks swept with a soft peach giving her nearly transparent skin a little colour, her gorgeous green eyes outline in soft pinks and her lips in a shimmery nude. Elizabeth Graham was the definition of beautiful, her black cocktail dress and black flats kept her look so casual but so elegant at the same time. 
"I'm not gonna put everything on stand-by while he's here. They're my friends too." I stated blatantly, feeling somewhat proud of the newly confidence. If that's even a much more appropriate title. Yet I still felt foolish standing next to my goddess flatmate. Plain black dress and plain classic black Toms. Plain Pansy. My new name. 

&&

"Are you nervous?" she whispered linking her long slender arm with mine as she nearly dragged me to the front of the Sykes household. Should I be nervous? Life was behind the wood door with an autumn themed wreath. An uncarved pumpkin stood at the top step, which more than likely I could picture being thrown carelessly from the small house. 

Lee was at the door now as we made our way through the damp grass. His eyes going wide as my face came into focus and as Elizabeth and I stood at those bottom steps, Lee stood there. His mouth hung ajar and his eyes still wide. I just smiled. It didn't take long for his mouth to shut and reopen. "This is Tom's party...does he know you're here?" 

"I'm Oli's plus-two."

&&&

"You tried to make amends and I destroyed your friends. If only we could speak again"

I couldn't really decide what was more embarrassing. Oliver inviting me to a fake party or sitting here with the man I love loathe; not a single word being passed on. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to make this chapter longer.
I think it's a bit all over the place still but I promise it will start going with the flow soon!

So as some of you may know!
I'm a huge Enter Shikari fan!
And I got to watch a lovely set with my boyfriend and his brother in AMERICA oh yeah. I'm in America for the holiday season. Anyways. We saw There For Tomorrow? I think, Enter Shikari, WhiteChapel and The Devil Wears Gucci ;) for obvious reasons I was ready to leave after Enter Shikari. From past shows I've seen them at this one was disappointing. Though I can't complain, Rou as usual destroyed something but in this case it wasn't on purpose. Enter Shikari played second so of course they were completely smashed and the set was maybe 45 minutes at most long. They sang about four new ones, then of course they sang Juggarnauts, Zzzonked, Wall and finished with OK Time for Plan B. I was left wishing they sang The Jester, Thumper and Sorry You're Not a Winner. I really think Sorry You're Not a Winner should be included in every set. It gets the crowd going so well.
As for WhiteChapel, my favorite tight black trousers ripped, my black classic Toms ripped and the only song I could understand the singer say they were playing was section 8.
They were meh.

ANYWAYS
I'm currently working on Tom's side of this story. It's exciting because I know when I'm gonna introduce it and this version won't be completed when I open it to everyone. Exciting right?
And
Last thing I'm leaving everyone with.

WOULD YOU ALL LIKE A PLAYLIST OF WHAT I LISTEN TO TO WRITE THIS?
lots of underground or unheard of bands from England and the states.
Lol I read an interview and one of the bands I absolutely adore, is considered one of Englands best kept indie secrets.

Cmnt&subs.

~Indie (or in other cases Mari! ;) )