Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Searching

(Lauren's POV)

The realtor was hiding her stress well. It was the 5th house of the day I was looking at and I didn't quite have a lot of time to play with. “This one is a five bedroom, only a few years old. It is still 50 minutes from Philadelphia but has the seclusion you are looking for.” Nodding I automatically promised myself to give up my hope of a short commute to work. It just wasn't going to happen! I refused to live in Philly again but wanted my 5 minute walk to work like I had in both LA and Helsinki before that. Was beginning to wonder if I could talk the producers into switching the setting to Finland. “What do you think, a parlor or a living room?”

“Huh, what's the difference again?” all this talk of parlors, living rooms, sitting rooms, dens … it was confusing the crap out of me! With a sigh, I wandered off and thought about being able to see a HIM show whenever I was bored again! Course I would just stroll into Ville's house and ask him to sing but he still did it.

“Here we have the master bedroom.” looking around the room, I toned out everything she said about the 'unique' wall texture or whatever she was going on about. Instead I looked at how there were no houses around. “The attached bathroom is actually quite breathe taking.” rolling my eyes, I proceeded to sit in the middle of the floor, while making sure my pleated skirt stayed down.

The lady stopped talking immediately “Could paint the Sistine Chapel up there!” Mean the ceiling was huge! “All in stick figure form of course!”

Grey eyes stared at me and soon widened. Was it something I said? A smile formed on the realtor’s face and I knew I was doomed! “Well Miss Margera, the owners are VERY eager to sell this property and just the other day lowered their selling price. If you place a bet and pass your mortgage-”

“Why the hell would I need a mortgage?” cutting her off I stood up “I'll call up my bank right now and get cash if I need too.” rolling my eyes, I walked through the rest of the house. It all seemed fine enough considering I needed a home. Every room looked livable and it would take too much effort for Bam and friends to find me. It was perfect. Besides, if a 50 minute drive meant solitude, I was all over it.

One last place to walk around and then I was willing to sign the paperwork. The outside was heavily wooded, reminding me I wasn't in California anymore. Least not in LA like I had lived the three previous years. Coming up around the corner of the garage, I stared at the house next door. A bright blue hummer sat in the driveway. Not a good thing. “I think you will love living in New Hope.” the realtor’s happy voice came out of no where. “There is only that home around here and it belongs to a busy music producer.”

“Hi candypants!” the smirk on his face made me want to puke. “You know your bro is- wait are you moving in next door?”

Shaking my head I wondered where the nearest sharp knife was. “No, I'm no longer interested in this property.”

“Wait, Lauren!” the guitarist followed me to my rental car “It's seriously nice up here and-”

“GG, not happening! Rule number one, never let Bam know where you live!” seeing the realtor take off down the street I didn't really blame her for bailing. “Now I have to leave before he sees me and makes me do whatever the fuck you guys are doing!”

Messing with the hair on his head, GG finally spoke up. “You do know I have a name right?”

“I know your name.” I threw out quickly before realizing that in all honestly I really had no idea. Mean I had only met the man three times, including this little run in. Once randomly in Finland when I learned CKY had gone international only after running into my oldest brother in the middle of Finland. They had a show there and I was, as usual, forced there against my will. Also mean I was forced to met this guy in a GG shirt that was drinking Jack Daniels like it was water. The second time was at the last CKY show and now I was face to face with the guy. “What?”

“You have no idea do you?” leaning on the car door, GG just stared at me. “It's amazing.”

“Do you creep out every person you meet?” receiving a nod, I figured out why the homeowners wanted to sell so desperately. “No wonder all my brothers hang out with you.”

Rolling my window up, I couldn't help but laugh as GG stood there figuring out what I meant by all. Taking off towards my hotel room to start packing, I turned up the stereo. Maybe if I promised no antics my parents would let me stay with them.

The drive back to West Chester was filled with the changing of CDs the whole way. Nothing seemed to fit the mood I was in. Not even HIM did the trick and a little bit of Ville Valo's voice always made me feel at peace. It wasn't until I drove past Kildaire's Pub that I got a brilliant idea. Instead of drinking in a hotel room, why not get wasted in a bar? If Bam was up in the middle of no where, then what was there to fear?

Being packed for a Tuesday night, I assumed it was because … well was never really one to care about the reason. “Jamieson and coke.” the bartender raised a brow “ID me and die dude.”

“Lauren, that's half my fun!” Jay got to work making the drink “You back in town for good now?”

I gave him a cold shrug before downing the liquid as he still stood there. “Looking that way, refill!”

Hours later I found myself walking out a random guy I had met at the bar right before I left. I wasn't a stranger to one night stands, but apparently this guy was. “So can I have your number or-”

“Nah, I don't have a cell phone.” winking at the guy, I watched him nod and walk out the door and into the parking lot. He was acting as though we had gone all the way or some shit. Maybe for him a make-out session was close enough. Didn't know, didn't quite care.
♠ ♠ ♠
As usual thanks to everyone reading, but don't be afraid to tell us what you think ... Good or Bad ... we can take it!