Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Cheers

(Abigail’s POV)

“What the fuck are you watching?”

I didn’t bother turning around to even look at who had entered my apartment. The question was enough of an answer for me. “The Vampire Diaries.” I responded as I paused the show. “Wanna join me?”

“Yeah right.” Deron muttered as he plopped himself down on the couch beside me. “Where’s Claud?”

“In bed. It’s ten o’clock on a school night, Der.” I reminded him before reaching for my beer. I had needed it after the day I’d had. Not only had the run in with Chad stressed me out, but now I had Aaron snooping around to figure out what Chad’s deal with Claudia was on top of Lauren blowing me off on looking at shops to go get drunk and hook up with random guys.

“Did Mom tell you about the divorce?” He asked me when neither of us had spoken for a few moments.

I gritted my teeth. Oh yeah… had forgotten about the divorce. Thanks bro.

“Yeah. She told me.” I finished the bottle I’d been drinking and practically slammed it on the table.

“Are you ok?” Deron asked me with a concerned look in his gaze. “You don’t seem to be handling it well.”

“I was handling it just fine until you brought it up.” I snapped at him.

“Is that why you’ve resorted to watching teeny bop shows?” He asked motioning to the television where my show was still paused.

“Hey it’s a good show!” I responded with a glare. “The vampires are hot.”

“Whatever keeps you from thinking right?”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my empty bottle. “Want a beer?”

Deron’s eyebrows rose up in surprise. “Oh so I get to drink now?”

“As long as you don’t become an asshole.” I called over my shoulder as I exited the room. Once in my tiny eat in kitchen, I opened the refrigerator and stared in at the contents of it. I didn’t know what to do about all the drama in my life. My mother had decided she wanted a divorce from my father and it had crushed him.

Now Matt, Deron, Aaron and I were involved and I couldn’t find it in my heart to care about my mother’s claims. She said my father had changed, that he didn’t love her anymore. I felt she was being selfish. She always had been selfish, but I didn’t think she could do this to our family.

They had six grandchildren together and once Jen and Aaron were married, I was positive more would follow. I didn’t know how my mother could let that all go. There would be no more holidays, no more birthday parties… no more Mom and Dad.

I wiped away the stray tears that had fallen down my cheeks. I had to stop thinking about it. It wasn’t anything for me to worry about. What was done was done and there was no fixing it. I grabbed a beer for Deron, but decided I would go for something harder. Pouring myself a quick scotch, I returned to the living room where my older brother waited.

The sounds of the television greeted me first. Then I realized what Deron was watching with a riveted expression on his face and his eyes glued to the screen.

“What happened to me ‘watching teeny bop shows’ like the one you’re watching now?” I asked him.

He hadn’t sensed me return because he jumped at the sound of my voice. The remote slipped from his hand and crashed onto the floor. Deron spun to look at me with wide eyes. “Don’t fucking scare me like that again.”

“Are you going to admit I was right?” I asked him, handing the beer over and sitting on the couch once more.

“Right about what?”

I leaned close to him with a smirk on my face. “It’s a good show, isn’t it?” I whispered slyly.

“It’s uh… I…” He seemed to be lost for words.

I chuckled and grabbed the remote from the ground. “Let’s watch TV together Der… Like old times.”

A confused look crossed his face and I lifted my glass towards him in a toast.

“Cheers bro.” I said before downing the liquor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I have an obsession with that show. No I don't think it's a problem. Haa enjoy!