Before the Dawn

What to do with Mikey Way

We still have a problem. Frank is laying here in my arms, his sweet breath tickling my neck as he sleeps, and I can’t. There is still the problem of Mikey Way. Frank and Mikey are best friends, but Mikey is smart. He can trick Frank and won’t think twice about killing him, whereas Frank doesn’t have it in him to kill Mikey. I’ll ask him first, but I might have to face Mikey alone.

“Gerard, are you ok?” Frank mumbled sleepily, sensing that I wasn’t asleep.

“Yeah, just worried about something, you go back to sleep,’ I muttered, kissing the top of his head.

“No way, I can’t sleep when your worried, what’s up?” he asked, sitting up and taking my hand in his.

“Well, you came here with Mikey way, right?”

“Oh, yeah,” he said hesitantly.

“Well he’s my last living relative. When he’s gone I won’t have to worry any more, I can be free to live without being scared of a Way barging in to kill me.”

“I see. Do you have to kill him then?”

“Yes, but I understand he’s important to you, so I won’t ask you to help.”

“I won’t help you, but I’ll do it for you of you want. I could trick him into thinking you were dead and I was alive and then kill him.”

“Isn’t he close to you?”

“Yes, but if he’s trying to kill you then I’m trying to kill him, simple as that.”

“Do you mean it?” I asked, touched that he felt that way about me.

“Of course I do baby, I love you,” he mumbled, before leaning over to kiss me hard on the lips.

“I love you too. I think he’s still out there, I can sense his heartbeat. It’s slow, he’s probably fallen asleep.”

“Alright then, do you want me to go and kill him now?”

“Alright then, be careful baby, I don’t want to loose you,” I said, gripping his hand tighter.

“I’ll be fine, Mikey trusts me,” he said confidently. “Only one problem, how do I kill him?”

“Oh honey, it comes naturally for a vampire, just lean in and bite him. The scent of his blood will drive you crazy, just like yours drove me crazy when I met you and when I kissed you.”

“Ok. I’m a little scared Gerard,” he said, and I suddenly felt very nervous that he wouldn’t be able to do it, in which case Mikey would have no trouble killing him. I don’t want to loose my love when I just found him.

“I don’t want you to do it Frankie, it’s too risky. We need to train harder and attack him later,” I said, and he sighed in relief.

“I was hoping you would say something like that,” he said, and I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me, and I kissed back desperately, glad I had kept him here, I think I made the right decision, he wouldn’t stand a chance against an experienced vampire slayer like Mikey Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?