Before the Dawn

Mikes?

Frank’s sleeping right now. Since turning him he’ slept a lot, and I’ve worried a lot. Mikey Way left a few hours into the morning, I assume he thinks Frankie’s dead. I have to kill him. Now that Frank has practically agreed that Mikey Way must die, I think I’m going to kill him alone. Yes, that’s what I’ll do; it’s not worth losing him. I got up carefully, making sure I didn’t wake Frankie up, and went to the medicine cabernet and took out a little brown bottle of sleeping pills. I poured three out into my hand and went through to the bedroom. I sat on the bed next to Frankie and gently shook him awake.

“What? Gee? That you?” He slurred loudly, his voice thick with sleep.

“Shh, don’t worry baby, you gotta take these ok, it’ll help you,” I said, holding the pills to his mouth.

“What are they? I don’t wanna take pills Gerard,” he mumbled, and I sighed in frustration.

“Look you don’t have a choice, open up,” I said, pushing the pills up against his mouth.

“Not until you tell me what they are,” he said, pressing his lips firmly together.

“Open your mouth right now,” I growled, before prizing his lips apart and shoving the pills in. He swallowed them, completely shocked by my actions, and then his eyes rolled back and his body went limp in my arms.

“Sleep well Frankie, when you wake up it’ll all be better, we’ll be safe,” I muttered, kissing his dry lips gently before going out the house, locking the door behind me. I breathed the fresh night air in heavily, not realizing how much I had missed it being stuck in the house all week with Frankie. I walked down the street, surveying each side. Then I froze, hearing a heartbeat close by. There was something odd about it, like it was moving on an autopilot, trying desperately to keep on ticking despite a seemingly broken and guilt ridden pain. Then I heard sobbing. It was light and pitiful, but a fraction deep, a male. It was coming from an alley a few meters away. I may as well check it out, seeing as I haven’t eaten in days, and this guy is already broken. I went down the alleyway as the sound of shallow pitiful breathing became louder and louder. A figure was huddled on the floor, crying into their hands, their pale white flesh exposed, the explosion of their pulse beckoning to me to rip the flesh open and let the gushing river of blood flow free into my mouth. I licked my lips and grabbed his hair. He whimpered, and I pulled him round to face me, grabbing his neck.

“Sorry kid,” I muttered, about to take a bite when he lifted his head.

“Gerard Way? Vampire?” he muttered. Mikey?

“Mikey Way? hunter?” I gasped, and he nodded.

“You killed Frank,” me murmered.

“No I didn’t, you sent him in there, he was just a kid, didn’t know how to defeat a vampire, especially one who has been around as long as me,” I growled, and he sobbed again.

“I know, I never should have sent him in there. It is my fault he’s dead.”

“Yeah well here’s the thing, I came looking for you, because we won’t be safe until the last Way is dead.” I said, and leaned into his neck again.

“We?” He enquired.

“Yes, me and my partner, not like it’s any of your business,” I growled and he smiled.

“Well, never thought you’d find someone Gee,” he said, and I froze.

“No Way has called me that since my brother,” I said, and he shook his head sadly.

“I know,” he said, and I scowled.

“You look like him, hunter, like my brother. That’ll make it only slightly harder to kill you.” I leaned into his neck and brought out my fangs again.

“Erm, I wouldn’t do that if I were you Gee, I’m only telling you coz if I know you, you don’t want to die from poisoning, do you?” he asked, a smug expression on his face.

“What do you mean? I can’t get poisoned from drinking human hunter blood,” I said, and he chuckled dryly, which I thought was an odd move for someone in his position.

“I can’t believe you Gee, I thought you were smarter then that. Remember when you killed mum and dad?”

“My mum and dad or yours?”

“Ours.”

“What?” I gasped, sure what he was getting at but refusing to believe it.

“Wow, you really have slowed down in your old age. It’s me Gerard, it’s Mikey. I’m a arson demon dude, and I’m not a hunter.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not, I haven’t tried to kill you, only make you happy in hope you’d accept me into your village.”

“NO, you sent Frank in to kill me, you, you, you are a hunter.” I stuttered, slackening my grip on his neck.

“I knew Frankie couldn’t kill you, and I knew you had a crush on him, I read the note you left him before I go there, and you signed it Gee, you never would have signed it like that unless you liked him, so I sent him into your house, knowing you’d turn him. The way he talked about you, I knew he like you too, so I set you up.” he finished, and I looked at him, and I mean really looked at him. Then I released him and pulled him into a huge hug.

“Mikey I missed you so much, after that fire back home I was sure you had died, how did you become an arson demon?”

“Well, as I was burning alive an arson demon came to me, and asked me if I wanted a chance at immortality and burning evil people and demons to death for all eternity. I wasn’t too keen on the idea, but it meant I could live and see you again someday, so I took it.”

“How many?”

“How many what Gee?”

“How many people have you burned?”

“How many people have you drained?” he snapped back, and I looked down, realizing there were some questions we were not meant to ask.

“Lost count, it hurts less that way,” I muttered, and he nodded.

“Same here.”

“Alright Mikes, so you mind if I go get some food for me and Frankie? He hasn’t eaten at all since I turned him.”

“No, but if you don’t mind I don’t think I’ll join you.”

“Alright. So I’ll see you around?”

“Yeah, see you around Gee. Oh and just so you know, I’ve been with Frankie for years now and he is my best friend, so even if you are my brother I will personally hunt you down and kick your ass if you hurt him.”

“Thanks Mikes,” I said, and giggled to myself.

“Yeah, he’s going to get a similar talk when I see him next, I guess when he’s healthy right?”

“Yeah, bye Mikes, see you soon,” I muttered.

“Bye Gerard,” he said, before turning down the alley and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been a really long time guys
couldn't make Gerard do it