Now Your Nightmare Comes to Life

Ten

Standing by the side of I believe Brian’s car I notice how late it’s gotten. I start to wonder how things turned out this way when Kay’s voice suddenly pulls me out of my thoughts. “Why are you all buised up aunt vad?” he looks at me innocently while Zack holds him. “Umm aunt Vlad fell hun. Yeah I got a couple owies” I smile best I can. “Silly awnty” he laughs. Suddenly Brian bursts from the doors and surprises all of us. Zack helps Kay and me into the back seat. “Ow….” I hit my leg on the side of the passenger seat “I’m sorry Vlad I didn’t mean to-” I hold my hand up “its alright. It just stings.” Sitting in the car Brian explains why we cant go home. “B-but my toys are at home!!” Kay freaks in the back. “I know buddy. We’ll be back home so don’t worry. Your toys will be fine.” He says as he swerves between streets trying to avoid the men chasing us. “You know this is a huge traffic violation and-” I’m cut off by Blaire “Vlad just don’t be a cop for like 1 day!” she says sounding irritated. “Hey look, this is dangerous enough as it is! I’m sorry if I’m a cop and I want to protect people and-” cut off again, She has a bad habit of doing that “if you want to protect people then protect us by keeping quiet and enjoy the ride alright!” I look at her and sigh, “Fine whatever…” Zack gently grabbing my hand surprises me. “Its alright. I know your only thinking of our well being but just relax ok. Brian can handle this little-“ I’m jolted from my seat up against my car door. “Ow!…” I’m almost to the point of tears because of the pain. I grab my shoulder and that’s when I realize the wound on my right arm has opened up “Oh crap…. Zack…” I look really pale from the lack of sleep and from bleeding from the attack. He looks at me “what’s wrong?” that’s when he sees the blood he takes sleeping Kay and lays him on the seat next to him so he can see my wound. “What’s going on back there?!” Blaire looks back and she turns white “V-Vlad your arm…” “th-this is….this is nothing….” I say somewhat weakly. “Well we can’t stop yet. We’ve almost lost them so hang in there.” Brian says from the front. “I’m tougher than I look…” I say as Zack try’s his hardest to stop the bleeding “I’ll say.” Zack says in Brian’s direction. “She took on Danny D yesterday. And she barely got scratched” he says sounding proud. “Hardly a scratch? Have you seen these bruises?” I look over to Brian and see his whole demeanor change. “That’s who attacked her! What the Hell is he doing here!” I suddenly take in the full extent of how serious this situation has become… And I’m not sure I want to know how it ends….
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is so short.