Status: Update every other day!

Memory Field

Day Six.

“Hangover?” I sat at the table picking through the Lucky Charms cereal. Amanda then groaned as she sat down at the table. “Don’t scream at me.” She tried to whisper. “I didn’t scream.” I raised an eyebrow trying to hold in my laughter. “Seriously Char you need to lower your voice.” I passed her the rest of my cereal. “Sorry.” I whispered then got up and went to the living room. I unplugged my phone from the charger that Amanda let me borrow.

“Why are you dressed?” Amanda asked as I came back into the kitchen area. “Well because I need to get home so I can shower, change clothes and go to the hospital.” Amanda’s eyes widened. “Don’t worry my doctor just called. It’s a weekly check up.” I lied through my teeth. I had two week check ups not weekly which in turn made me a little nervous.

“Well do you need me to take you?” I shook my head as I steadily put my black heels on. “No I can just hale a taxi.” I put my phone in my purse and snapped it shut. “Thanks for letting me stay here last night.” She smiled as I gave her hug. “Call or text me when you get home.” I smiled as I opened the door. “Thanks mom.” I shut the door right before she was going to say something. Right as I passed the “creepy” dudes apartment he opened it giving me a very weird smile. “Morning.” Amanda was right. “Morning to you too.” I opened the door to the stairs. “Do you need a ride?” I tried not to panic. “No thank you I’m getting a ride from my husband.”

Yeah so I lied but what you do in a situation like that? “Oh okay.” He slowly closed his door. Once he did I booked it down the stairs and out the doors. I’ve never ran that fast in my entire life than I had just did. I walked to the corner were most of the taxi’s stopped.

I tried multiple times until I was finally able to stop a taxi. I got in and told her where to go. As she took me to my destination I stared out the back window passing Amanda’s apartment. I did actually worry about Amanda and that creepy neighbor of hers. The taxi passed a park on the way out of the inner city. There were tons of people together, celebrating and having fun. “What’s going on?” The lady looked from her rearview mirror to the road. “There’s some kind of festival in town.” I smiled as I caught one last glimpse before losing sight of it.

The driver turned onto the highway. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jack’s number. “Here we go.” It rang and rang. “Well pick up.” Hypocritical wasn’t it? Last night I didn’t even want to talk to either him or Benji but now I wanted him to pick up so I could hear his voice. It went to voice mail. I hung up then re-dialed his number once more. “Who the fuck are you?! And why are you calling this number?!” This wasn’t Jack. “Um excuse me I don’t mean to call so early but is Jack Hunter there?”

“Who wants to know?” Just by listening to her made my ears bleed. “I do.” I heard Jack in the back ground. “Carole give me the phone.” The phone muffled. “What is it Lottie?” He knew it was me? How did he know? I mean other than caller I.D. “Who was that?” Jack sighed. “My fiancé now what do you need Charlotte?” My heart just sunk to the bottom of the ocean. “Y…you….your….fiancé?” He sighed. “Yes I’ve been engaged to her for six months. Now Charlotte answer my question.”

I didn’t want to ask. Not now. “Oh nothing I was making sure you didn’t forget your phone last night. I thought I saw it on the ground when I stomped out.” He didn’t say anything. In fact he didn’t even make a sound. “Okay well…um I’ll see you some other time then.” I hung up rather quickly. “Um excuse me can you take me somewhere else instead?”

“Thank you.” I handed the driver a forty. I got out then stood in front of the gateway plaza. I was going to buy some clothes then try to see if I could get my apartment back. There was no way I could go back to Jack, Amanda or Benji. I started at Forever 21 then went on from there. I hit almost all the clothe stores buying more than I actually needed. I walked out of the gateway plaza when my phone started ring.

“Jack.” I sighed then answered. “Hey.” I tried to act like I was happy but I think I overacted. “Do you want me to pick you up?” It sounded like he said that in between bites. “Uh no thanks I’m going to stay with Amanda for a couple of days.” I lied through my teeth. “Listen Charlotte about last night.” I stopped him. “Don’t worry about it. I was mad last night but not now.” Jack inhaled. “No it’s never okay. I acted like I was a teenager.” I honestly didn’t want to talk anymore. “Yeah. Listen I have to go Amanda and I are right in the middle of a movie marathon.”

I hung up before he could say anything. I put my phone back in my purse then raised my right hand to my heart. It hurt. It ached and I just wanted to cry. I crossed the street then headed up to my old apartment that I was hoping I could get back. A couple cross walks and parks later I found the apartment covered by trees and vines. There were only two different cars in the small parking lot. I stood straight and tall and walked in. The front desk was a couple feet from the door. “Mrs. Walker?” I leaned over the counter. “Oh yes?” A woman around my mother’s age, bad back and extra-long nails came out from another room.

“Oh Miss Keane! How can I help you?” I smiled kindly towards her. “Is there any way I can have my apartment back?” I fidgeted with my fingers. “Of course. I haven’t even done the paperwork. She bent down and pulled out my apartment key. “Here you go sweetheart.” I smiled and took the key from her hand. “Thank you so much Mrs. Walker.” She waved as I exited through the door and went up the stairs.

I opened the door. I smelt of dead flowers and stale mint bath salts. “Home sweet home.” I sighed then set the bags down by the entertainment center and shut the door. “I shouldn’t have even moved into his place.” I locked the door then started taking out the clothes I had bought. “Ugh!” I fell to the floor with the clothes in hand. “Things are just too good to be true.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly I didn't even know I was on chapter eleven!! OMO! Well anyways I'm sorry the chapters seemed rushed but i've been uber busy! But not too worry they won't anymore starting the next chapter.

Anyways please starting subscribing and commenting or I will discontinue.

Also please tell me who you like better Benji or Jack.

Update Date: 11/25/11