The Change

Need You Now

-Jen's POV-

It's been four months since I moved to Huntington Beach and things were really looking up. Hannah and Tyler were now in Kindergarden and I was still working at Syn Gates Clothing. The guys were currently on tour and had a show tonight in Los Angeles.

Since the guys were 'home' both Brian and Zacky insisted on having booths at the show so employees were hand picked to work at the concert as well as experience their live show. I was excited. I had never seen them perform before but I now had all of their cd's. Their music was amazing.

Brian had set up a driver for me since I didn't know how to get to the venue. Kristin, the other Syn Gates Merch girl had worked it before so she was going to meet me there.

I was glad I decided to wear what I did because it was hot as fuck out. Kristin and I got things set up pretty quickly and before I knew it the fans were being let in, several of which ran straight to our booth. The girls would squeal with delight before running off towards the VU booth. I made a mental note to hit the booths as soon as I got a break.

I knew Brian was planning on doing a thirty minute signing so I chose to take my first break before that happened. I had never seen him interact with the fans and it was something I wanted to experience. I hit the bathrooms first before heading to the merch booth. I got myself a couple of Avenged Sevenfold shirts as well as a new VU shirt. Then I got myself some food before heading back to the booth.

"So this is your first A7X show huh?" Kristin asked once things got a little show.

I nodded. "Yep."

She smiled. "You're going to love it. You won't be able to see much from back here though."

"That's okay. I'm happy to just hear it."

I finished my food and glanced down at my watch to see what time it was. My friend Amanda who I had met in college had recently moved out here and transfered to UCLA so she was going to watch the twins for me.

"Hello ladies."

Looking up I smiled when I saw Brian standing there. Dan the Body had escorted him here along with another security guard. The girls had already started lining up to meet him. Brian gave me a quick run down on what to expect before he wanted to take a couple pictures with Kristin and I. I had brought my camera with me so Kristin snapped a few pictures of the two of us before Dan took one of the three of us.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road."

------


These fans were crazy. The signing had gone well with only a few fans getting out of control. Brian had to get ready for the show but before he left he handed Kristin and I a couple of passes. The rest of the night seemed to go by pretty quick. I called to check on Tyler and Hannah a couple of times. They were doing fine just like I knew they would be.

They had been asking about Mom and Dad a lot more lately. I tried to explain it to them the best that I could but I knew they didn't understand. They missed them just as much as I did.

The sun had set and before I knew it Jason Berry had shown up to escort me backstage. He said that Brian requested my presence and wanted to make sure I had the best view of them performing.

I stood with the rest of the girlfriends all of whom I've met before. The show was one of the best I had ever seen and I couldn't get over how amazing they were live.

After the show was over I was taken backstage where the guys would soon be. I wasn't waiting long when the door opened and Brian walked in.. with no shirt on. I couldn't help but stare at him. It was the first time I had seen him with no shirt and my god. He was even more beautiful than I thought.

He smiled at me before shutting the door behind him. I suddenly felt nervous. Sure I had been alone with him before but tonight felt different and I wasn't sure why.

"So was it as good as you thought it would be?"

I didn't know why but I found myself blushing. "Better than I thought."

He grinned. "I'm glad."

Looking up I found Brian right in front of me. We just stared at each other for the longest time. He smiled softly at me as he reached up to brush the hair out of my eyes.

"I'm really glad you're here."

"Me too."

I noticed he was getting closer to me and I wasn't about to stop him. I could feel his breath on my face and I closed my eyes. This was it. Brian was finally going to kiss me.

"BRIAN! WE GOTTA GO!"

I heard him growl as he pulled away from me. I opened my eyes just in time to see him walk out the door. I frowned. This was the second time he had tried to kiss me and the second time it didn't happen. This has to be a sign. If our kiss was meant to happen it would have already.

I made my way back to the booth only to see that Kristin had everything packed up already. I tried to apologize but she wouldn't have it.

"Don't apologize Jen. Syn wanted you to see the show and I know better than to argue with the boss. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

I helped her with whatever was left and watched her leave. The car that had brought me here was waiting in the parking lot for me so I grabbed my things and headed to the parking lot. I slept most of the way home and was half dead as I walked into the house. The guys had another week of touring left before they'd be home. They wanted to be home for the holidays and I really couldn't blame them. They had families that missed them.

I didn't even want to think about the upcoming holidays. They were always stressful and this year would be no exception. I had so many things I needed to do and had no idea how I'd find the time to get it all done. I just hoped the kids would enjoy it. I knew they wouldn't be able to get me anything and I was okay with that. I didn't need presents. All I wanted was to see smiles on their faces as I made the holidays as stress free for them as possible.

I quickly changed into a pair of pajamas and climbed into bed. Amanda was staying in the guest room so I didn't have to worry the kids being alone when I got home. The second my head hit the pillow I closed my eyes and fell asleep dreaming of Brian.

------


-Brian's POV-

I am so fucking sick of this shit. This was the second time I had tried to kiss Jen and yet again someone had to interupt us. We were now on the bus headed towards the next city while I'm sure Jen was at home sleeping peacefully in her bed.

When I was doing the signing I made sure to get some pictures of Jen and I on my phone. It was my new wallpaper. I had found myself becoming more attrached to her. I mean what guy wouldn't she was amazing. Not only was she beautiful she was a hard worker and so great with kids. She wasn't selfish and she.. she's just perfect.

I couldn't wait for this tour to be over so I could go home. I missed sleeping in my own bed. I loved touring but there was nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Why was I suddenly imagining Jen sleeping in my bed beside me?

I wanted her so bad but I could see in her eyes that she was hesitant. I had always said I would never date one of my employees but Jen was different. There was just something about her that I couldn't get enough of.

"What are you think about dude?" Matt asked as he sat down beside me.

"Just stuff."

"Jen right?"

Fuck.

"Maybe."

"If you like her so much why not just ask her out?" He asked taking a sip of his beer.

"Not that easy dude. She's probably just say no anyway."

"You'll never know for sure until you ask. She seems like a really great girl and I think she'd be good for you. Just wait until we get home and see what happens. A week won't kill you."

That's what he thinks. She's all I've been able to think of since we left. I missed her. Shaking the thoughts from my head I headed to my bunk to try to get some sleep. Glancing at the wallpaper on my phone I smiled to myself before shutting it off for the night and going to sleep. Dreaming of nothing but Jen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how I feel about this chapter. I like it but.. I dunno. Anyway.. THANK YOU to everyone that has commented. You're comments are what keeps me writing. Keep it up. You guys are great inspiration!

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen