The Change

Honey I'm Home

-Jen's POV-

I smiled as I watched Hannah and Tyler playing around in Brian's pool. He had given us permission to use it while he was gone so while I had the day off and the weather was nice I used the key he had given me to go over and swim.

I hadn't been able to stop thinking about our almost kiss. I wanted to know what his lips felt like against mine but at the same time I knew it was wrong. Brian was my boss and we had to keep things on a professional level.

"Are you guys having fun?" I asked as they splashed around.

"Get in Jen." Hannah giggled.

I had already stripped down to my bikini and was just sitting on the edge with my feet in the water. I had already been in the water but just wanted to dry off and watch them have fun.

"PINKLY!"

Looking over I saw the white ball of fur run towards me. She practically jumped into my lap and I laughed as she licked my face.

"Aww did you miss me?" I asked knowing full well she couldn't answer me. Brian had taken her on tour with him and I now started to wonder how she could have ran outside if she was with...

Looking up I saw Brian leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

"Hey honey, I'm home."

The twins got out of the water and ran to him to give him a hug. After they were done they ran inside to watch tv. By now I was standing and had grabbed my shirt to put it on over my bikini clad body.

"It's just a bikini Jen. It's not like your naked." Brian said as he took the shirt from my hands and placed it on the patio chair.

I was about to say something when Brian took his shirt off and dropped it on the chair next to mine.

"Now we're even." He grinned. "Don't I get a hug?"

Nodding I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him. It felt so good to be in his arms. To feel his skin on mine. We pulled apart and before any words could be exchanged Brian gently placed his hands on my face before leaning in and placing a soft kiss upon my lips. It didn't last very long but it was absolutely perfect.

"I wasn't taking the chance of someone interrupting us again." He smiled.

"I thought you weren't going to be home for a few more days?"

"We decided to come home early. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight."

I smiled. "I bet. I for one sleep in my bed every night."

"All alone right?"

I just nodded not wanting to think of my non existent love life.

"Would you like some company?"

I blinked. "What?"

"I could always fall asleep at your place and be too lazy to walk home. I'd be forced to have to share the bed with you." He grinned.

I had no idea where any of this was coming from but I liked it. It had been a long time since a guy had tried to flirt with me and I was enjoying every second of it.

"If you're worried about what Tyler and Hannah will say I'm sure we can come up with something." Brian said as he pulled me into his arms.

My eyes flew open as Hannah squealed and I found myself laying on one of the beach chairs by Brian's pool. I frowned once I realized it had all been a dream. Brian wasn't home, he didn't kiss me, and he wasn't trying to weasel his way into my bed.

"Jen, I'm hungry." Tyler announced as he ran over to me.

I nodded and grabbed my clothes to put them back on. We all headed home and I changed the kids into some clean clothes before making lunch. They wanted grilled cheese sandwiches so I made them along with french fries and sat down at the table with them. I hadn't even taken a bite when the phone rang.

Getting up I grabbed the phone. "Hello?"

"Jen? It's Brian."

"Hey Brian. What's up?" I asked sitting back down at the table.

"Not much. Tired as fuck. What are you doing?"

"Eating lunch with Hannah and Tyler. You?"

"Well.. I was just wondering why my front door was unlocked that's all."

"Shit! I forgot to lock the door when we left." I said as I flew out of my chair and ran out the front door. I ran across the lawn and stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed Brian's front door wide open but that wasn't what I was staring at. It was the person standing in the doorway.

"Brian!"

He just smiled and hung up the phone. "I'm surprised you didn't see me before. I was watching you for about fifteen minutes."

"You were?" I asked feeling slightly emberrassed.

He nodded. "Mmhmm. You were sleeping pretty good. I kept an eye on the kids for you. Tyler came inside and we talked."

I swallowed hard. "Oh? What about?"

He shrugged. "Little of this a little of that. Nothing to worry about I promise."

"Um.. I should probably get back."

Brian nodded. "I'll come by later. I brought the twins some presents."

"Alright. See ya then."

I headed back home and walked back into the kitchen where Hannah and Tyler were finishing their food.

"Why didn't you tell me Brian was home?" I asked Tyler as I sat back down to eat my own lunch.

He just shrugged and took a sip of his juice. "I don't know."

I ruffled his hair and finished with my lunch while the kids ran off to play.

------


-Brian's POV-

I spent most of the day unpacking. I had to or else I'd never find the presents I bought. I did kind of lie to Jen a little bit. Not about buying anything for Tyler and Hannah. I did buy them some toys and stuff but while I was out on one of our off days I found something for Jen. A couple of somethings actually.

I planned to give them to her tonight when I gave the twins theirs but there was one I wanted to give to her in private. I wasn't sure what she'd think of it and I was a little scared of how she'd react but I just couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to make her mine. I'm just hoping that my present doesn't scare her off.

I put all of the presents into a large gift bag I had bought and made my way next door. I sort of felt like Santa Clause except I was a hell of a lot sexier than him.

The door opened and I couldn't help but smile. Jen was one of those girls that didn't seem to care how she looked. She was comfortable in t-shirts and shorts which was something I liked about her. She didn't wear tight skimpy outfits with tons of make-up on. She was just herself.

I followed her into the living room where Hannah and Tyler were watching tv. They both ran to me and gave me a hug before I sat down on the couch and handed them their presents. They loved them and thanked me about a million times before running off to play.

"You didn't have to do that Brian." Jen said once we were finally alone.

"I know but I wanted to." I said before looking down in the bag. "I guess I forgot one. Could you get it for me?"

She rolled her eyes with a chuckle and reached into the bag to grab the small box. Once it was in her hands I turned towards her and watched as she stared at it.

"What is this?"

I smiled. "Open it and find out."

She licked her lips and slowly opened the box. Her mouth dropped open before she looked at me. "Brian.."

"I don't buy jewelry for just anyone Jen. I've been doing a lot of thinking and.. well.." I paused reaching over and taking her hand in mine.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Jen say yes or will she tell him she only wants to be friends?
I cannot believe I am already on chapter 7 going on 8. When I started this I wasn't really sure where I was going with it but as it's progessed I've really fallen in love with it. More soon!

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen