Status: Comment or Inbox me on this thought. I want to re-write this story. Meaning A LOT of changes. Still same basic story line...just different. Your Thoughts?

The Cousin

Chapter Eight

"Selene," someone murmured into my ear. "Wake up." I groan, rolling away from them and burring my face into the Damon smelling pillow. I smile, hugging it closer. They chuckle, "I brought pizza."

"No," I grumble into the pillow.

"Fine." I fell the sheets then get ripped away from me. I groan, lifting my head up to see Damon smirking at me. I glare. "Morning, Princess," he smiles. I continue to glare. He picks up a plate of pizza and holds it out to my face, "I brought you food." I look down at the slice of cheese pizza and then back at him. "Does grumpy girl good."

"It's fattening," I grumble sitting up and snatching the plate from him. He chuckles and kisses the top of my head. I smack him away. I looked down at the pizza and then huffed. I set it on the bed and sat back against the pillows.

Damon frowned, "Eat, Princess. You haven't eaten in two days."
I looked over at him. "You compelled me last night, didn't you?" I asked, my voice horse and small.

"Yes," he said, shifting uneasily.

"Why?" my voice cracked.

Damon sighed, "You looked so sick and well...unhappy. You needed the sleep. You look better than you did. But you need to eat."

I smiled, "Thank-" I tired to say 'you' but nothing came out. Panic over too me and I started to hyper ventilate. Tears started to fall down my cheeks as I continued to try and talk.

"Selene? What's wrong, Princess?"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

I can't talk anymore. My voice is gone.

I showed him what I wrote. His face fell and he climbed up next to me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me as I began to sob.

"What-What can I do, Princess? Tell me how I can help." I shake my head. Damon thinks a moment and then pulls back his shirt sleeve and bites his wrist. "Here," he says putting his bleeding wrist near my mouth, "Drink." I shake my head.

Stefan gave me his blood after you bit me and that didn't do anything. How would now be any different?

"I'm stronger than Stefan. And he only gave you a small amount. Please, just drink," he aid holding his wrist closer to my mouth.

I bite my lip but then take his arm and pulls his wrist to my mouth. I let Damon's cool blood flow into my mouth and down my throat. I gag at first but then it becomes sweet tasting. I begin to drink more and more. Taking larger amounts at a time. Damon gently pulls his arms away from me.

"Slow down there, Princess," he chuckled. "You'd think you were a vampire." I blush, looking down. "How are you feeling?" I shrug. Damon sighs placing his chin on my shoulder, holding me in his lap. I felt Damon jerk back. I looked up at him and saw the blood red and black eyes. I held my wrist up to him. He smiles and takes my hand. He kisses my wrist and then gets up. "I'll be right back." I nod and he walks out the door. "Eat!" he yelled before the door closed all thew way. I smiled after him. I took a few bites of the pizza before setting it down on the table.

I get up and look around the large room. The walls were wood and the wall next to the bed was full of large windows, most hidden by long drapes that hung from the ceiling. I smiled as my eyes fell onto the books. I walked over and ran my fingers along the spines. Most were either unfamiliar or had no name on the outside. I eyed the open door way to the bathroom. Inside was a tub and a separate shower. I smiled at the tidiness of Damon's room and bathroom. I look over to the full body mirror and frowned at my appearance. My makeup was smeared and dirt covered my clothes. I look over to the pen and paper sitting on Damon's desk. I pick it up and write.

DO NOT ENTER
Shower in Progress

I tape it up on Damon's bedroom door, after inspecting the hallway and then shut the door again. I get nosy and riffle through his closet looking for something to wear. I sigh pulling a large (to me) black t-shirt off a hanger and walk into the bathroom. I strip and then climb into Damon's shower. I wash away the dirt and smeared make up before shampooing my hair. I then stand in the warm water not feeling the need to get out yet. I then sigh and turn off the water. I pull the towel down from the shower rod and dry myself off before wrapping the towel around me. I step out of the shower and jump when I see Damon leaning in the doorway. He smirks.

"Can't you read," I snap. I blink, realizing I spoke.

Damon's smirk widened. "Who said you could use my shower. I do have a rule you know." I can see the twinkle in his eye.

"And what rule is that," I say placing my hand on my hip.

"No women are allowed to use my shower...without me in it." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I pick up a bar of soap up and chuck it at him. "Get out so I can change, pervy vampire."

He ducks from the flying soap. "Naw. I think I'll stay."

"Don't make me get Stefan, Damon," I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh, I'm so scared," he says in fake horror.

"Please, get out," I pout.

He rolls his eyes, "Fine Just stop making that face."
I giggle as he walks off. I wait for the sound of the door closing before I drop my towel and quickly pull on my under garments and Damon's t-shirt. I pick up the towel back up and rub it through my hair as I went to let Damon back in. I felt a breeze come into the room. I turn and see the balcony doors open.

"Damon?" I whisper walking closer to the doors. I look outside but he's not there. Frowning I turn back around and came face to face with an unknown man. "How'd you get in here?" I breathed softly.

His eyes turned blood red and black. I gasped backing up. "No human resides here. I don't need to be invited. Logan told me you couldn't talk...So this should be easy." He grabbed at me. I spun around jumping out of the way. The vampire ran into the wall and then turned to me, growling.

He ran at me again, this time grabbing my throat. I swallow as he slammed me against the wall. I suck in a big breath and scream. "Damon!"

The door flew open. The vampire and I both look over to a dangerous looking Damon. The vampire hisses and then lets me go, vanishing out of the house. I gasp as I hit the ground, trying to get my breathing back to normal.

Damon rushed over to me and touches my cheek, "Are you okay?"

I nod shoving my head into his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his neck. I heard two sets of footsteps run into the room as Damon picked me up. I hid my face in his shoulder, tears falling into his shirt.

"What happened? Is she okay," I heard Stefan ask urgently.

"She's fine. Just spooked," Damon said sitting down on the bed with me still clinging to him.

"Is she the one who screamed?" asked Elena.

"No, the Boogy Man did," snorts Damon. "Of course she did, Elena."

"What did you do to her," Elena asked angrily.

Damon shrugs running his hand through my hair, "Just gave her some blood..."

"How much did you give her, Damon," asked Stefan.

"Enough to fix her voice-"

"How much did you give her?"

"Come on, does it really matter how much I gave her. Her voice is better that's all
that matters."

"Damon," snapped Stefan, "how much did you give her?"

Damon sighs, "A couple...pints."

"Damon," Stefan groaned.

"What's wrong? Is she going to be okay?" asked Elena.

"She's fine," Damon says as I pull my face out of his shoulder. I saw him roll his eyes.

"The more blood in your system, the longer amount of time it takes for it to leave
your system," explains Stefan.

"Which is not a big deal," Damon sighs.

"Yeah, when there's not a vampire in town, Damon," snaps Elena. I look over to her
as she turns to Stefan. "How long till it leaves her system?"

"Forty-eight hours at the most," Stefan says shaking his head. He looks over to
Damon, "You're the one who gave her the blood, you're the one watching her."

"Slumber-Party!" Damon said in a girly voice. I burst out laughing.

"Seriously, Damon," Elena said rolling her eyes.

"Seriously, Elena," Damon smirked back.

I smack his arm, "be nice."

"Make me," he smirks.

I roll my eyes and climb off his lap and grab the slice of pizza off the night stand.
"When are we goin' home?" I ask Elena.

"In a little bit. Damon, can I talk to you?" asks Elena. I raise my eyebrow at her as I take a bite out of the pizza.

Damon followed her out of the room and I was left in his room with Stefan. He takes a seat next to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Never better," I mumble through the pizza.

Stefan chuckles and then goes serious. "Look, I know Damon seems nice now, but be careful around him. His mood changes dramatically and I don't want you to get caught up in it."

"Damon is like my protector though...isn't he?" I ask getting up and grabbing another slice of pizza out of the pizza box on Damon's desk.

"I guess he kind of is but that doesn't mean he won't turn violent. I mean look at what he did after Bonnie destroyed the crystal..."

"But I did go after him with a stake," I countered taking a bite.

Stefan nods slightly, "Just be careful around him." I sit back down next to Stefan.
"And I can tell you like him, Selene." I blush, smiling. "But you do know he's hell bent on getting Kathrine back, right?" I nod sighing.

I set the pizza down and turn to Stefan. "What was Kathrine like?"

He frowns, "Evil-"

"No, Stefan. Seriously, tell me about her."

Stefan sighs, "Kathrine and Elena look exactly alike. So imagine Elena with curled hair and an 18th century dress on. Beautiful right?" I nod smiling. "That's what I though when I first saw her. So did Damon. Back then Damon and I were best friends. Trusted each other with everything. Kathrine would be the thing that drove us apart. She pretended to like both of us. Compelled us into loving her. Though Damon will deny it, she did. She never really loved us. She just wanted to make us vampires so she could play with us throughout time. And she did."

"And then she got thrown into a tomb that can't be opened." Stefan nodded. "Well that bitch got what she deserved."

Stefan chuckled, "Yeah. I wish Damon would move on. Forget Kathrine. You know."
I nod. "You said Elena looks like her. Does that mean you're not entirely over her?"

"No, no, no. I do not love Elena because she looks like Kathrine. I will admit that the resemblance is what drew me in but Elena is so different from her. Sh's warm and kind and bright."

"You really love Elena," I smile.

Stefan smiles, "Yeah, I do."

I hug him. "I approve. Not that my approval was needed. But I thought you should know."

Stefan laughs. "Thanks. Nice to know you like your cousin dating a vampire."

"Hey." I smile letting him go, "It could be worse. I mean, you could be a zombie."

He laughed again as Elena and Damon came back into the room. "And my fun-hating brother is laughing because...?"

I smile, "I told him I approve of him and Elena dating. And he said that I approve my cousin dating a vampire. And I said that at least he's not a zombie." Elena and I
giggle as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Selene. We gotta head home," Elena smiles.

I raise my finger up setting the plate down and swallowed the pizza. I dashed into the bathroom and pulled on my ripped skinny jeans. I looked around the bathroom, picking up my Hello Kitty shirt, and looking for my bag.

"Damon, where's my bag and jacket?" I asked walking back out into the bedroom and slipping on my flip flops.

"Downstairs," he eyed me. "Am I going to be getting my shirt back?"

I shook my head picking up another slice of pizza, "Nope." I then skipped out of the room, following after Elena and Stefan. I spun around in circles as we walked down the hallway to the steps. I saw Damon watching me with his eyebrows raised. I stopped placing a hand on my hip. "What are you looking at?"

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Having fun," I smile sitting down on the banister and sliding down past Elena and Stefan. I jumped of and onto the next one. I jumped down and slipped, falling back onto the hard wooden floor.

"Selene!" Elena gasped.

I burst out laughing as I rolled over. Damon was next to me the instant I had fallen and was giving a skeptical look now.

"Is she always like this," he asked Elena.

"Yeah, pretty much," she sighed.

"What have I done," Damon grumbled walking off.

"Hey!" I shout jumping up and running after him. "What's that supposed to mean!" He shook his head but didn't answer. I went to say more but my phone buzzed. I opened it and red the text from Elena.

Someone likes a very dangerous vampire- said in a scolding voice
I turn around and stick my tongue out. She laughs. I skip out into the sun light and breath in the fresh air. "Why does today feel so amazing?" I ask throwing my arms up into the air.

"Because the first thing you saw when you woke up was me," Damon said with a dazzling smile.

"Yeah, no. I don't think so, Mister I'm-so-full-of-myself-vampire-thing," I said shooing him away. "Why are you following us anyway?"

"For the next forty-eight hours I'm your stalker," he smirked.

I roll my eyes and get into the back of Damon's mustang with Elena as the boys sat up front. Damon started the car and starts back race back to Elena's house. The radio came on and I practically jumped into the front seat to turn it up.

"What are you doing?" asked Stefan.

"I've waited four months and now is the perfect time to do it!" I smile as I waited for Hayley Williams to begin singing Misery Business.

"Waited for what?" asked Damon.

Elena smiled, "To sing."

I began to sing in perfect key with Hayley. Elena laughed and began dancing in the back seat with me. As the song ended I began to laugh too, feeling free and happy.

"Wow," Stefan whispered as Damon turned down the volume on the radio. "I never knew you could sing."

"Yep," I giggled. "I love singing."

"And as you can tell, she' amazing at it," smiles Elena as we pull up to the house.

"Don't break my car, little brother," Damon said as we all got out. Stefan rolled his eyes and takes the keys from Damon before getting back in and driving off. "See you in a bit," Damon says to me and then disappears.

I shake my head as I followed Elena into the house. Jenna turned around and glared at us as the dogs came running over to me.

"I don't set a lot of rules, girls. Not with you two. I trust you to tell me the truth." Jenna said getting up and walking around the couch. "Where were you? And why did you lie to me about it? I thought we were closer than that, Elena."

"Now is not the time you want to talk to me about lies," hissed Elena as she tried to go upstairs, but Jenna cut her off.

"Don't do that. Don't turn this back on me. I didn't do anything."

"Okay, question. Am I adopted?" I looked at Elena and Jenna with wide eyes. Jenna looked as though she'd been caught red-handed. "I trust you to tell me the truth too, Jenna. But you lied to me. I thought we were closer than that." Elena said before running up the stairs and I followed after her.

"Elena, I didn't- They asked me not to," Jenna called after us.

"I don't want to hear it," Elena snapped.

"Elena?" I asked. "Are you really adopted?"

"I guess," she sighs as we walked into her room. "While we were gone, Stefan did some digging because Kathrine and I looked so much alike. My birth certificate says Miranda and Grayson Gilbert but there's no record of my mother ever being admitted to the hospital or even being pregnant." She sits down on her bed. "Look, it's been a long day and all I want to do is take a name, okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. If you need me, I'll probably be in my room being annoyed by Damon." Elena groans and flops back on her bed. I giggle as I close her door. The dogs followed me down to my room where we found Damon glaring at my computer in frustration. "What are you doing?" I ask leaning against the door frame, my arms crossed.

"Trying to figure out your password," he says typing something else in.

I roll my eyes, "You're never going to get it."

"Oh, but I will," he smirks.

I narrow my eyes, "The only way you or anyone else would be able to get my password would be to compelle me and I don't see that happening anytime soon."
Damon appeared in front of me in a blink. I jumped slightly. Damon touches my pendent, "But it could."

I quickly grabbed it, "Don't even think about it, Damon Salvatore." I then walked over and typed the first letter of all my animals names into the password box, in alphabetical order. I frowned as the picture of my family and I came up from our last vacation together. I turned away from the picture with a tear in my eye. Damon closed the computer and then went over and laid down on my bed with his hands behind his head and ankles crossed. "Nuh-uh," I said shaking my head at him. "No shoes on the bed," I said pulling his legs off the bed.

Damon rolled his eyes but kicked his shoes off before putting his feet back on the bed. "So why didn't you ever tell me you could sing?" He asked as I pulled off my coat and kicked my flip flops off. I toss my leather jacket over the back of my computer chair and walk over to my dresser.

"I didn't think it was important at the time. Seeing as I could barley talk, let alone sing," I shrugged pulling out a pair of sweat shorts. I turned to Damon, "Do you mind?"

He smirks, "No, not at all."

I roll my eyes and point towards the door, "Out."

"You're really bossy, did you know that?" Damon asked.

"Yes I did, now out."

Damon stood up and sauntered over to me, "It's not like I didn't see them before."
I narrowed my eyes, "Out."

Damon rolled his eyes but disappeared. I closed my door and shut my curtains before I changed out of my jeans and into my shorts. I opened my curtains and door again and waited for Damon to come back. When he didn't I shrugged, smirking, as I pulled on his large boots and stomped down the steps with them. Jenna must have left because he was lounging in the kitchen, reading the paper. I walked over to the cabinet and got myself my Batman coffee mug and a packet of hot coco.

"And you are wearing my shoes, why?" Damon asked as I warmed up some hot water, not taking his eyes off the paper.

"To see what it's like to walk in a vampires shoes," I giggled.

Damon rolled his eyes. I felt my phone vibrate and I quickly pulled it out of my bra. "You keep your phone in your bra?"

"Where else am I suppose to put it?" I ask as I look at the text.

It's been over a month, Selene. If you don't find a place for your horses soon I will. -Liz

I frown down at the text message. I toss my phone onto the counter and rub my face, groaning.

"What's up?" Damon asked, watching me.

I opened the text back up and toss my phone to Damon. I turned and prepared my hot coco. Damon gets up and walks up next to me. He hands the phone back to me and I stuff it back into my bra.

"Do you have any idea where they can go?" Damon asked.

"No," I grumble. "I haven't even thought about it. With all this vampire drama and stuff." I take a sip of the hot coco.

"I think there's an old barn on the edge of our property you could probably use."

I choke slightly on my drink. "Are you serious?"

Damon shrugs leaning against against the counter, "Sure, why not?"

"Thank you!" I cheer hugging him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Damon chuckled and patted my back, "Sure, sure."

I pulled my phone back out and texted Liz.

I just found a place to put them. I'll be up as soon as I can to get them. -Selene
I picked up my mug and grabbed Damon's hand, pulling him back upstairs and into my room. I set my mug down and jumped onto my bed.

"Ah-ah-ah," Damon said shaking his head.

"What?" I asked.

He grabbed my leg and pulled off the boot. "No shoes on the bed, remember?"
I rolled my eyes, "My bed, my rules. I can break them since I made them. Which means I can do this," I say picking up the boot and putting it on, "And this," I then shoved him off my bed and onto the floor. I laughed falling back onto my bed.
Within an instant Damon was off the ground and on top of me. I gasped at his red and black eyes. He growled, his fangs extended and showing. My heart began to beat faster with fear and... excitement. Soon the fear melted away and was replaced by more excitement. I smiled up at Damon. He blinks, confused.

"You don't scare me, Damon Salvatore." I whisper.

"Why not," he growls.

I smirk, "Because I know you wont hurt me."

"Says who?" he growls nuzzling my neck.

"You made a promise, Damon," I breath.

Damon sighs rolling off of me. I smile and res my head on his chest. I groaned when
my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and read the text.

No. I want them gone tomorrow. -Liz

I huff.

Fine. But you'll have to wait until I get out of school.

"What now?" Damon asked running his fingers through my hair.

"I have to go get the horses after school tomorrow." I look up at him. "Wanna come
with me?"

"Not really, but I kind of have to."

"Oh, you know you love spending time with me," I giggle getting up and walking over to my bookcase. Sakura's tail thumped against the ground as I walked over. "Sakura," I cooed kneeling down next to her, "how are you baby?" Kota, Skye, and Sapphire all came running over, trampling me, licking me wanting attention. I laugh as the knocked me over onto the ground. "Okay," I laugh. "Okay, guys! Let me up!" They continued to attack me. "Damon! Help me!"

Two hands slipped under my armpits and lifted me off the ground. I giggled as the dogs crowded around me still wanting attention. "What are their names?" Damon asked patting Kota's head.

"Well, the one you're petting is Kota. This is Sakura. The little grey one is Sapphire, and the little black one is Skye," I smile.

"Cherry Blossom?" Damon smirks.

"Yeah, isn't it a pretty name?" I gaze over to my collection of movies, "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Depends on what ones you've got. And no Twilight please," he groaned. "I got enough of that with Caroline."

I giggled, "No. I was thinking more along the lines of Van Helsing or Underworld."

"Kate Bekensdale? Really?"

"Hey! I like her," I say pulling out my Underworld DVD and walking over to my TV.
I put in the DVD and walked over to my bed with the remote. I patted the space next to me for Damon to come sit. He pushed off the wall and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to me. I fast forwarded through the advertisements and pressed play when I reached the Main Menu. I set the remote down and climbed under the covers. The opening lines ran through my head as Kate Beckensdale said them. I mouthed the words as the movie played.

"Do you seriously know all the lines?" Damon asked crawling under the covers with me.

I giggled resting my head on his chest, "Yep. I know all the words to Harry Potter as well."

"Oh, god," he groaned.

"Shush. Watch the movie."

About half way through the movie, I began to fall asleep. Damon shifted and I groaned holding onto him.

"Sh, I'll be right back. Kay?" He said slipping out of the bed. I nod. Damon pulled the covers off my legs and pulled his boots off of me. I smiled when he tucked me back in and kissed my forehead. "Stay here," he whispered to me.

"Okay" I whisper, falling back asleep.

******

A few hours later I woke to someone dropping their shoes on the floor and a cold draft under the blankets. I opened my eyes to see Damon climbing into the bed next to me. I smile at him.

"Hey, Princess," he whispered. I rested my head on his chest. "Go back to sleep, Princess. I'll be here all night." I smile as I drifted back to sleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm long time no write..would have been up sooner but I didn't realize how flipping long this chapter was and kept putting it off to type xD
Going to make my updates more frequent if I can...with all of my stories.