Status: ongoing

I'll be waiting...

Chapter 5

Mr. Reyes decided to take me home leaving the topic cliff hanging. In the car on my way home, silence was on both of us. I can’t quite make a conversation regarding Dylan, especially if the topic would be of his condition expecting that he won’t really converse back. Though I really would like to open it, but it might just worsen the already wrecked case.
“We’re here, take care kid…” he told me with a smile on his face as the car park in front our house.
“sure, thanks Mr. Reyes…” I returned a smile at him.
“Anthony is fine..” he said, “ or are you eager to just call me Dad?” he chuckled.
“Dad? Yeah, that’ll be cool sir…” I said,” that’s if Dylan would agree to it, Dad.” I chuckled then we both enjoyed a good laugh.
“I’m sure he’ll be leaping with joy.” he told me straight into my eyes,” well then, I;m apt to be going.”
“take care second dad!” I waved at him as I walk into our door step as if saying that I’m already safe. With that, he hurled the car down the road to their house.
3 days before Christmas eve while I was trying to cook our lunch with my Dad secondly watching over me, our phone suddenly rang. Mom got it and was surprised to know it was Dylan.
“Dylan?! How are you?!” Mom greeted.
I didn’t really know what they were talking about but my mom all the while was serious and nods often times, until she said one thing…
“ So, she doesn’t know yet…”” She said.
What is it? Could it be me, the ‘she’ she was pertaining to? And if it is me, what was that that I don’t know yet?
“Mom! Is it Dylan?” I finally asked her as if ignorant of what they are discussing.
“You wanted to talk to her?” she paused for awhile as if waiting for the other line’s answer, “I won’t spill…” with that she called me. I immediately got it from my mother and even though I wanted to know what their topic earlier was, I can’t let them know that I’ve been eavesdropping on them.
“Yes?” I said to the other line.
“My flight is tomorrow….I just wanted to say goodbye.” he told me as if it’s just a normal thing and nothing really matters.
“Oh, I see…” I got down a bit, but he’s seeing his grandfather so it should be ok, “ Take care then….” I smiled, which I know that he realized that I did.
“…Thanks, but, I think it’ll be most proper if you’ll ‘Take’ care….I’m hanging.”
“Call!” I was almost catching him. I thought he smiled on the phone.
“I was waiting for that…” he said, that surprised me,” Bye.” with that , we’ve been disconnected.
I smiled. I don’t know if its because he liked what I said or just because he didn’t hang the phone immediately like he always does. Can I now say that he matures faster than I thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
whew...all this copying and pasting from word is making me a bit exhausted...I might copy and paste again after sometime...for the mid time....let's all chill! XD