Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

Breakfast

When Misty woke up, she had found herself in her room. Puzzled, she tip toed quietly to the door. When she opened her door, she was hit with the pleasant smell of delicious pancakes, toast and eggs.

“Morning!” Michael exclaimed happily when he saw Misty as she came out of her room, following the aroma into the kitchen.

“M – Morning,” Misty returned, moving into a seat at the table. “Up early?” she asked curiously.

“I got hungry,” Michael said sarcastically. Misty laughed. “Actually, I wanted to pay you back for yesterday’s dinner,” Michael corrected.

“Well, it smells delicious,” Misty giggled.

“Why, thank you madam,” Michael said with a deep bow, a spatula in his hand as he dipped down low. Misty laughed at his foolishness.

With his fake servant façade, Michael placed a large plate before Misty in one fluent movement. He placed a plate at his seat and fell into his seat with a big smile on his face. He watched Misty as she took her first bite, waiting for her reaction to his little treat. When he was satisfied with her bright, wide eyed smile, he dug into his own plate.

“That was amazing!” Misty exclaimed as she pushed her empty plate away from her.

Michael belched in response, getting a loud laugh out of Misty. Michael watched as she buckled over, holding her stomach in pain.

“You seem more open today Misty,” Michael stated when she had come back up for air. Misty went silent. She ducked her head under her hair and stiffened. Michael chuckled at her reaction.

Michael stood, taking the plates from the table and went to the sink. Misty’s eyes shot up.

“I can do the dishes!” she almost shrieked. “I mean, you did the dishes yesterday. I think it’s my turn now,” she said, clearing her throat as she got up, taking the dishes from Michael.

“I can help you. I don’t mind,” Michael said, following Misty to the sink. “I’ll do soap!” Michael exclaimed excitedly. Misty did not say anything, too frightened by Michael’s forwardness to say anything.

Michael grabbed the dish sponge and squirted some dish soap onto it before grabbing one of the plates in Misty’s hand, humming a Disney song from Mulan, waiting for Misty to take the soapy dish from his hand. He scooted to the side, leaving an open spot for Misty as he waggled his bottom along with the song he was humming.

Misty tried to suppress a giggle as she watched him dance horribly at the sink. Hesitantly, she went to the open spot next to him and washed the soapy plate.

Suddenly, Misty felt a splash in her face. She looked at Michael, who had hid a laugh behind his arm, and splashed him back. Michael splashed back and Misty retaliated, laughing as he flinched, falling backwards. He laughed, wiping his face as he got to his feet.

“I surrender,” he said, putting up his hands to show he had given up. Misty wiped her face and dried her hands, giggling as she watched Michael do the same.

♀♂

Misty was brushing her teeth, smiling as she wiped some of the remaining droplets of water from her face.

Suddenly, Michael burst through the door, smiling as he walked over to the frightened Misty. He reached over her, grabbing his toothbrush and his toothpaste. Misty moved back, away from the man who had suddenly burst into her bathroom.

Unfazed, Michael started to brush his teeth. Misty reluctantly returned to her own brushing. They brushed in silence. Michael started to hum, and Misty fought the urge to join him. When they both went to spit and rinse, their heads collided, resulting in both of their groans of pain.

Misty, rubbing her head, went to spit first, rinsing her mouth before leaving the bathroom. Michael followed suit.

“So what are - ,” Michael asked as he followed Misty but he was cut off when he saw Patrick had been standing at the front door. Misty had let him in. They were laughing and he was taking off his shoes when Michael came out of the bathroom.

“Hello there – Michael was it?” Patrick greeted. Michael straightened himself up.

“Yes sir,” Michael answer, putting his hand out for Patrick to shake. Michael went to the couch, gathering his blankets and motioned for Patrick to sit down.

“I haven’t seen you in days Patrick. What brings you here?” Misty inquired excitedly, plopping herself down next to Patrick. Patrick laughed heartily.

“Down girl, I’ve been busy. Today I came by to ask something of you,” Patrick said in fake seriousness. Misty’s smile dropped sarcastically.

“And what is this proposition I may ask?” Misty asked, feigning wariness. Patrick laughed.

“Well, I just got my pay check and I also got a bonus, so I was wondering if you and Michael would like to join me for lunch today,” Patrick asked. Misty whopped with glee.

“Oh! Congratulations Patrick!” Misty exclaimed. She turned to Michael excited, “would you like to join us?” she asked, overjoyed for her friend.

Michael had been leaning on a wall close to the two, watching with amusement as Misty became overjoyed for her friend. He could not help but watch her jump up in her seat. She looked extremely excited.

“I would love to join you. Thank you Patrick for inviting me,” Michael replied politely.

“Oh, Patrick, I am so happy for you! Let me go get ready and we can all go celebrate,” Misty exclaimed joyfully. She bounded to her room, slamming the door shut as she began to get ready for her date with Patrick and with Michael, she realized. She slowed down. Reluctantly, she got ready.

When she came out of her room, Michael had already been done and he and Patrick had been chatting as they waited for her.

“I’m ready,” Misty said, interrupting the two.

“Alright, lets head on out,” Patrick said excited for the date he hadn’t had in weeks with Misty. They all headed for the door, chatting as they went.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe and comment! and check out my wattpad account if you have one @ Smile2You