Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

Saturday Hots

When they had finally stopped laughing, they sat, panting quietly waiting for the other to move or to say something. They sat in peaceful silence, Michael smiling giddily while Misty avoided eye contact, occasionally looking up to Michael to see his happy gaze. Michael would not break the silence, too amused with the small movements Misty made while she sat in front of him.

“Why are you up so early on a Saturday?” Misty stuttered after the long moment of silence nipped at her patience. She tried to look up at Michael but could not meet his eyes when she saw his eagerly waiting gaze.

“The same could be asked of you,” Michael returned coolly. He dropped his head into his palm, leaning forward toward Misty to hear what she had to say. Misty lifted her head again in an attempt to speak politely to her guest but could not.

She was getting frustrated with herself. She was not one to get nervous and was angry that she was feeling odd because of this one man. She forced herself to look into Michael’s eyes before answering.

“I’m used to waking up early every day,” Misty stated, trying not to stutter. Something so simple was hard for her to say to this man without stuttering out like a bumbling idiot. Michael smirked at Misty, making her drop her head again, blushing under her long damp hair. She fiddled her thumbs, unsure what to do next.

“You didn’t answer my question you know,” she said quietly, looking up through her hair. Michael only nodded before answering.

“I’m on a quest,” he said before chuckling at Misty’s puzzled look. “I’m going out to look for a job,” he said to Misty who reddened when she realized that he had only been joking when he had said “quest”.

“Why?” she asked, slightly curious. Michael chuckled.

“To get money,” he said to Misty. Again Misty felt foolish. Of course he would need money, how else was he to live? She only looked down for what seemed like hours before looking up again.

“Where are you going to work?” misty asked.

“Well I just got out of college so I think it would be best to start looking for a job in the field to get some experience I guess,” Michael said calmly. Misty’s eyes shot up to Michael, wide in awe.

“College?” she exclaimed. She had thought the man was a senior in high school at most. He did not look old enough to be out of college yet. Michael laughed at her reaction before nodding to reassure her of his age.

“Yes, college,” he repeated. “I’m twenty five years old,” he told Misty in a matter-of-factly tone. She stared at Michael, shocked at the new realization.

“Then – then what field are you in?” Misty inquired further. Michael leaned forward, motioning for Misty to come closer.

“Pornography,” Michael whispered into Misty’s ear. Her eyes went wide and she shot backwards back into her seat.

“Y – you’re not – you’re not serious right?” Misty stuttered in utter terror. She would be living with a man-whore?

When Michael saw her terrified face, he could not help but laugh uncontrollably at her utter disbelief.

“Of course not!” he exclaimed between gasps of laughter. He waved at her, trying to tell her that it had been a joke but she was not laughing. She looked angry and had turned red. She got up from her chair, picked up her plates and walked to the sink, throwing the dishes into the sink before turning on the faucet.

Misty was humiliated. She felt betrayed and did not like the joke. She felt foolish and could not stand that the man had teased her like that. She became furious and angered as she moved away from the jerk.

“I’m sorry,” Michael gasped, panting from the laughter. he felt guilty that he had angered her and teased her but he could not help it. He found her curious reactions amusing and could not stop from teasing her. He tried to calm himself before getting up to walk towards Misty, whose back was turned to him, washing the dishes angrily and silently.

When he was behind her, he tapped her on the shoulder which caused her to jump and twirl around, splashing him with water.

“Oh, don’t scare me like that!” she exclaimed, pounding him lightly on the chest, trying to push him away from her, but she did nothing to his oversized body. He chuckled as he feigned defeat.

“Sorry,” he exclaimed before retreating back an inch or two. Misty glared at him angrily as she tried to push him further but when he started to fall backwards, he reached out to her and she tried to steady him, they both fell over. Misty landed on top of Michael who was groaning in pain under her weight. Their faces were inches apart.

Quickly, Misty sat up, almost jumping off of him across the room. Her face reddened as she looked away from Michael. He sat up with a groan.

“Damn you’re heavy,” Michael joked, rubbing his head. Embarrassed and angry, Misty stood up and shot a glare at Michael before marching off to her room. He chuckled under his breath as he watched the small angry girl march off like a little child.

Michael rubbed his chest, his laughter dying down as he felt the area where Misty had fallen. She had not been heavy at all and was actually very soft. He had felt almost nothing when she had fallen on him. He thought of the soft hair that had brushed his face for a brief moment and the fruity smell of the shampoo she had used only an hour or two ago. He shook his head, pushing the thoughts away, confused about why they had affected him. He sighed deeply before pushing himself to his feet. He did not have the time to be confused because of such a small, insignificant girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! anpther chapter!

feeling for a cheeseburger right now :]