‹ Prequel: Untangle Me
Status: Completed!

Listen To Your Heart

Plans

“Alright, fantastic. Thank you so much. Bye.” I said into the phone before hanging up. Once I hung up, I swiveled in my chair to look at AJ, a huge smile on my face.
“We finished!” She squealed.
“I know! All the dates and venues are set! Right on time! I’m so excited!” I said, jumping in my chair as we high-fived. “That was so stressful! I’m so glad it’s finally over. Hopefully the next month until tour will be a breeze.” I said.
“Yeah, everything else we have to do isn’t that hard. I think it’ll be fine. Mostly just organization stuff.” She said. I nodded in agreement when my phone started to ring. I grabbed it off my desk and saw that it was John. I stared at it for a while, unsure of what to do. “Aren’t you gonna answer it?” AJ asked, snapping me out of it. I pushed accept and put the phone to my ear.
“Hello…?” I asked hesitantly.
“Hey Jamie. It’s John. I’m here with Garrett and Kenny and we wanted to ask you some stuff.” He said.
“Alrighty. What’s up?” I asked.
“Well since Pat’s birthday is in three days, we want to throw him a surprise party, and we thought you might want to help.” He said.
“Yeah, of course!” I said.
“Great. Do you want to come over after you get off work?” He asked.
“Sure, I can do that. I’ll see you in like an hour.” I told him.
“Alright, see you then.”
“Bye.” I said, hanging up.
“Who was that?” AJ asked.
“That was a friend. It’s my best friend’s birthday on Saturday and we’re going to throw him a surprise party.” I told her.
“Is this the best friend that is in The Maine?” She asked.
“Yeah, Pat, the drummer. He’s great. Do you want to come to the party? Meet the guys before tour?” I asked.
“Aww of course! I’d love too.” She grinned.
“Cool. We’re going to set everything up tonight so I’ll tell you the details tomorrow.” I said.
“Alright.” She nodded. “Well I’m going to finish some stuff up before I leave for the day.” She said, standing up. “I’ll talk to you later.”
“Okay, see ya.” I told her before she walked out of my office. I did some busy work until my day was over and I could leave. I gathered my things and headed out of the building, saying bye to the people I passed, before hoping in my car and heading home. Once I pulled into my spot, I decided to just go straight to the guys’ place instead of going to my apartment first. A minute later, I was knocking on the guys’ door, which was answered by Garrett.
“Hey Garbear.” I smiled cheerfully before skipping past him into the apartment.
“Well hello there, Jamie.” He said closing the door and looking at me amused. “Someone seems happy.”
“You know what? I am.” I said, smiling at John and Kenny, who were sitting on the couch. I flopped down next to Kenny and looked back at Garrett who sat down in the chair next to the couch. “Life has just been good to me lately. I have no complaints.” I told him.
“Well, that’s great Jamie.” Garrett said, glancing at John with a hint of nervousness. “I’m glad you’re doing well.”
“Thanks.” I smiled and stole a glance at John, who was looking down at his hands sadly. I decided the best thing to do was to ignore it and move on. “So lets get planning. What did you guys have in mind?” I asked.
“We were thinking about just having a surprise party here at the apartment. Invite a bunch of our friends. Get some food and alcohol. You know, the basics.” Kenny explained.
“Alright, sounds good. Are we doing it on his birthday? Saturday?” I asked. He nodded. “Cool. I’m gonna invite some friends from work, if that’s okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, that’s fine. The more, the merrier.” Garrett said.
“Great. And should we act like we forgot his birthday or something? And then you can invite him over to play video games or something and when he walks in: surprise!” I smiled.
“Yeah, sounds like plan.” Kenny said.
“Alright, so we can go shopping for everything Friday night after I get off work if that’s cool?”
“Actually, I have plans with Lauren on Friday.” Garrett said.
“I’m having dinner with my parents on Friday.” Kenny said.
“Oh. Well…” I trailed off.
“How about you John? Are you free?” Garrett asked John, causing John to look up at the mention of his name.
“Uh. Yeah. I’m free.” He muttered.
“Great. You and John can go get everything.” Kenny smiled at me.
“Um, okay. That’ll be fine.” I said. “And I’ll come over Saturday afternoon to help you guys set up.”
“Alright. Sounds good.” Garrett nodded. I stood up, recognizing that my presence was no longer needed.
“So I’ll see you guys later I guess. I’m gonna go home and whip up some dinner. I’m starving.” I told them, walking towards the door.
“Bye Jamie.” Garrett and Kenny called. I waved and left their apartment and started down the hall.
“Jamie, wait!” I heard someone call after me, causing me to turn around and see John coming towards me.
“Yeah?” I asked him.
“I just wanted to tell you that I’m glad that you’re happy. I really am. I didn’t want you to think that I felt any differently.” He told me. I nodded, a small smile on my lips.
“Thank you John. That’s very sweet.” I told him. He nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets.
“Well, I guess I’ll call you Friday and we can go shopping?” He asked.
“Yeah. That’s fine. See you then.” I said. He nodded and we both started walking in our separate directions.
♠ ♠ ♠
*PLEASE READ *
Hey guys. So I've made the decision to not take down the story. I just felt too bad; you guys have stuck with me through this story for like a year and I just couldn't do that to you guys. And I also think that this story isn't the publishing type. I wrote it for this kind of audience, not for a book. But I have another story in mind that I'll start writing after this one that I'm going to try and get published.
Anyway, I guess you're stuck with me.
And I've been writing a lot lately, so I'll probably post more often, maybe a few a month.
However, I'm stuck on chapter 14. Like, super stuck. So maybe some comments might be encouraging? I'm never hard on you guys over comments, but it is kind of disheartening to get only 2 or 3 comments per chapter, usually from the same people. Don't get me wrong, I cherish those comments, but it'd be nice to hear from the rest of you. So think about sending me something, okay? :]
The next chapter gets interesting. Jamie spills a secret to John. Any guesses as to what it is?
Enjoy and please comment!