Closer to Heaven than You

"To many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction."

Wow I admired these people. I had never seen people so proud of their daughter than Monica and Jason. They really believed that she was their daughter, even though they didn’t share the same DNA. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Monica walked into the kitchen to get a Kleenex. Jacey arched her eyebrow as if she wanted to know what just went on. I’m sure she was just as nervous leaving me alone with her parents.

Not too long after we all sat down for dinner at the dining room table. I saw the little gesture that surprised me. I saw Jacey offer her hand to me as they did a family prayer. Not to be rude but I was curious, so when they all closed their eyes and Jason started talking, I analyzed them. I had never truly seen the family oriented side that Jacey had. I had expected it coming from the little girl who wondered why god hadn’t blessed her with better parents.

All this was a bit overwhelming but it made me really think. I wanted to have a family like this, close knit and really see everything as a blessing. I may have been focusing too hard because I felt like now I was being stared at. I looked over to see Jacey Rae with her chin on her fist staring at me with a smile. I smiled back as if her smile was contagious.
Without being asked to I offered to help with the dishes as Jacey disappeared within the huge house.

Jacey Rae:
I heard the backdoor swing and creak shut. I looked over my shoulder to see Matt slowly make his way to the edge of the porch where I was standing. I missed the thunderstorms in Dallas. I stood with a light blanket around my shoulders and watched the sky light up and the rain pour from the heavens.

I felt Matt’s strong arms wrap around me and his head sit on my shoulder. He laughed,” you know this sounds really cheesy but girls aren’t the only ones who plan out their lives and I want to say that I know exactly what I want.”

I took a breath in and asked,” What is that?”

He replied, “This kind of life. Your parents are amazing. Someday I want to live in a huge house like this with you by my side and to have the great relationship your parent have.”

I smiled to myself and covered Matt’s hands with mine. Matt whispered,” I love you Jacey Rae. I’m so thankful for you bumping into me at Warp Tour.”

He planted a kiss on my cheek right before I stated,” I love you too Matt. You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to tell you that face to face.”

We both sighed and continued to watch the lightning. After a while we both went to bed. I
was so glad to have him in my life again. Thank god I ran into him on accident. This is the one time I’m glad I’m a clutz. It all seemed so complete now. I just hope nothing will come in and ruin what we have.

Thanksgiving:

I groaned as I heard my phone ringing. I thought it was my alarm telling me to wake up but really I was getting a call. I looked at the screen to see Vengeance. I answer groggily,” hello?”

He stated,” I’m seriously bummed that I don’t get to spend thanksgiving with my new best friend. How come Matt gets to meet your parents but I don’t?”

I chuckled. I looked over to see Matt still sleeping. I carefully sat up and replied,” How about next Thanksgiving?”

He sighed, “FINE. I guess I’ll wait that long. Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian say hi and Happy Thanksgiving, by the way.”

I smiled, “Happy Thanksgiving!”

I accidently woke Matt up and he grabbed the phone,” Why are you calling this early!?”

Zacky laughed,” My bad did we wake the king from his slumber? Long night of sex?”

Matt let out a fake laugh,” Ha-ha very funny.”

Johnny must have grabbed the phone,” You don’t sound too enthused.”

Matt moaned,” That’s because you just woke me up asshole.”

Johnny replied,” Hand the phone back to the morning person then Shadows.”

When I got the phone back I said bye and then put my phone back on the bedside table. I put my head on Matt’s chest while he ran his fingers through my hair. He asked,” What time is it?”

I answered,” About five thirty.”

He questioned,” Your parents up?”

I shook my head.

Next thing I knew he straddled me. He bent down and kissed me, slowly letting his tongue slip into ym mouth. I kissed him back quietly. I ran my tongue over something cold in his mouth. I stopped kissing him and demanded,” Stick your tongue out.”

He did as I said and I found that he got his tongue pierced. I arched my eyebrow,” When did you get that done?”

He laughed,” I can’t believe that all this time you hadn’t noticed it. I got it a week after you said that a tongue piercing would be sexy on me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, kind of a cute chapter. I might run out of ideas for dallas now though. i need to hurry and get them back to LA so i can continue with what i have planned! :)