I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

Your Words They Surely Kill

“I was thinking --” started Kaitlin, but she got interrupted.

“Did it hurt?” said Frank. He, Bob, and Ray laughed, Mikey cracked a smile. Kaitlin just rolled her eyes and continued.

“I was thinking we could go out to dinner tonight, you know, to celebrate my promotion at work,” Kaitlin said a bit annoyed.

“Love to Hun, but Rock of Love is on TV,” stated Mikey. He didn’t even bother to look at her.

“Mikey…”she began but sighed with frustration. He kept watching TV.

“Could you even pretend to care?” she said angrily.

Silence.

“Hello?” she said annoyed.

“What?” he asked, still starting at the television.

Kaitlin grabbed her coat from the closet and announced to the four guys she was going home. Bob was the only one who acknowledged her, giving her a small wave.
She stormed outside and got into her car. Kaitlin pulled out of the drive way but stopped and parked in front of the house. She turned on the radio, rolled down the window, and lit a cigarette. “Pressure” by Paramore started played. She half sung, half spoke the words in between puffs, with her head leaning on the steering wheel.

“Cause I fear I might break,
and I fear I can’t take it,
tonight I’ll lie awake, feeling empty…”


The car door opened, and Kaitlin jumped a little. She looked over to see Mikey sitting next to her but she placed her head on the steering wheel immediately after.
‘After this cigarette, I’m breaking up with him.’ She thought. ‘I’m really going to do it this time.’
Mikey sighed and looked at her. She was gorgeous, he thought. She usually straightened her hair, but today her sandy blonde hair was straight with slight curls at the end. She had gorgeous hazel eyes that she didn’t like. Her teeth were straight and she had a brilliant smile. After a long silence Mikey sighed and he took the cigarette from her hand, almost reading her mind. He opened the car door, stuck his foot out and stepped on it.

"Smoking kills,” stated Mikey, as he closed the door. Kaitlin remained silent. “Here (In Your Arms)” by HelloGoodbye was now playing, and Mikey lowered it.

“I like that song,” said Kaitlin, clearly angry. She lifted her head from the steering wheel and crossed her arms across her chest.

“I’m sorry,” blurted out Mikey. She was a bit shocked. Mikey hardly admitted he was wrong, let alone apologized without her telling him to.

“We can go out to dinner if you want to.”

“Not the point.”
They sat there quiet for several moments.

“Congrats Babe,” Mikey said. Kaitlin gave him a look and the smiled faded from his face.

“Look, I know I’m an ass but I can’t help it. I push away people I love—“started Mikey, but Kaitlin interrupted.

“Why?” she demanded.

He shrugged. “I guess it’s easier that way. It hurts less when I lose that person,” he admitted.

“Well, you’re only going to lose me if you keep acting like that,” she said with a little smile, feeling a bit guilty because she wasn’t sure if she really meant it

She questioned her feelings for Mikey often, a bit too often and she didn’t know if they were going to stay together for long. She loved Mikey, and they had great times together when he wasn’t acting like an ass. At times he could be sweet, caring, funny and just wonderful and at others he could be rude, obnoxious, inconsideration and mean.

“I’m sorry,” He repeated with a goofy grin. She stayed silent.
“I’m really, really sorry,” Silence.
“I’m really, really, really, really, really sorry,” She rolled her eyes and they kissed.
“So, Congratulations on the promotion,” Mikey said. He smiled real big and she kissed him again.
“Wanna stay the night?” He asked hopeful. She sighed.

“No,” she said forcefully, even though she wanted to so badly. He groaned.
“I think we should just work out our problems. A small hiatus won’t kill you.”

“So, what was last weekend?” he said, grinning. She blushed.

“Okay, so it’s not exactly a hiatus, it’s just…” she sighed.

“Well whatever it is, it’s going to kill me,” he said seriously “It really, really will.” Kaitlin sighed, but he kissed her on the lips.

“I still love you, even though I want to strangle you sometimes,” Mikey said. He put his arm around her shoulders and she leaned on his chest.

“Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T’s started playing on the radio. Mikey made it louder and they just sat there.

“Don’t act like such an asshole anymore,” she whispered.

“I’ll try,” He whispered.

Kaitlin smiled.
‘Well, technically I never did finish that cigarette’ she thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
it will get better, don't worry.
Mikey's a bit of an ass, he gets better...eventually.
comments are nice, but as long as people read it i'm good :]