I'm not okay I promise

I'm home!!

The crowd was immense. Not sure how many exactly people were there, a lot from what they could hear from back stage.

“MCR. MCR. MCR. MCR” they chanted.

Callie smiled. A worried smiled at that. She looked at the other guys. They seemed so much less nervous and much more relaxed. Callie’s breathing was deep.

“Slow, deep breaths” She thought.

“Don’t be nervous Callie” Gerard said to her kissing her. “I have a feeling everything will be just fine” He smiled at her.

She looked up at him. He looked to the other guys who had a smile on their face.

“What are they planning?” She thought.

They gave her a wider smile. She faked one.

“Okay guys are you ready?” Said the man next to the stage.

They all nodded and said yes. Callie didn’t say anything. They all got their instruments on.

“Ok. Remember you’re doing Teenagers first.” He got the speaker

“Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls. Teenagers! IT’S MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE”

Callie’s stomach flipped. She had never been so nervous in her life. They walked onto the stage. The crowd screamed. She couldn’t help but smile. Yet still feeling that queasy feeling inside her.

“HELLO SHEFFIELD!” Gerard yelled into the mike.

They screamed. Callie felt sick to her stomach. She blanked out for a minute. She could he talking, but she wasn’t sure what it was.

“Oh no. This is it. Oh no.” She was thinking. She came in on

“One, two, a one, two, three, four!!” Bob yelled

“There gunna-“ Gerard started, just after she begun to play.

She felt her fingers sliding on the strings and the dint forming on the tips. She strummed hard. Making extra sure she was getting the right strings. Also, not forgetting to sing.

“They said all, Teenagers scare, the living shit out of me. They couldn’t care less unless someone will bleed. So darken your clothes and strike a violet pose, maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me! ALL TOGETHER NOW! Teenagers-“

Gerard put the mike to the crowd and they sung back. It was the best feeling in the world to hear their lyrics sung back at them. Callie grinned.

LATER IN THE SHOW

“Shhhh!” Callie shushed the crowed a few yells sounded out.

“Okay, this song has such a special meaning to me” Callie said placing her guitar on the stand “It’s called Cancer, and as some of you know, my father died of it. So I’d appreciate it if you’d listen to the lyrics carefully”

She said gently smiling and putting the mike on the stand. Ray begun to play the song with Frank in the background. Callie looked at Gerard, he mouthed

‘You can do it Callie’ She took a deep breath and they started to sing.

“Turn away, if you could get me a drink of water coos my lips are chapped and faded. Call my aunt Marie. Help her gather all my things and burry me in all my favourite colours, my sisters and my brothers still. I will not kiss you… cause the hardest part of this is leaving you”

” Now turn away, “cause I'm awful just to see cause all my hair’s abandoned all my body, oh, my agony, know that I will never marry, baby, I’m just soggy from the chemo but counting down the days to go it just ain’t living And I just hope you know that if you say goodbye today I’d ask you to be true “cause the hardest part of this is leaving you”

“Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you” Callie felt tears forming in her eyes.

“No! Don’t cry not on stage!” She thought. A tear crept up on her and trickled down her face. She quickly wiped it away and got her guitar.

They played brilliantly and all their songs went down well. The final song was played. Famous Last Words. Callie grinned.

“It’s over” She thought. She put her guitar down.

“Shhhh! Everyone! Callie?” Gerard said into the mike, making it extra loud. She turned around.

“We want you to be okay. This is the only way,” He said. He handed her the mike. Her heart began to beat fast.

“Oh shit” She thought. “He wants me to sing alone!” She panicked. She turned to walk off.

“No! Callie you have to do this.” Gerard said to her, and only her. Callie blanked out the crowed.

“I can’t! I really can’t!” She confessed.

“Yes you can. You’ve gotten this far. You’re here with us. We always will be” he said to her and kissed her cheek.

She turned and headed for the centre stage. The headlight blinded her. She whipped her head back.

“What song?” She said to them.

“Desert Song. Your song” Gerard said. The guys smiled.

“They knew it! They learnt it!” She thought.

“Ok.” Callie said into the mike.

“YOU ROCK CALLIE” Said some people in the crowd.

“Thanks. This song is called Desert Song. You have never heard it. It was my song. A song I wrote with my father about life. I modified it so that it reflects the losses I have had.” She said. They screamed. The music played. She swayed. It reminded her of the days when she was here. In England, with her family.

“We hold in our hearts the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain clouds move like a wraith. Well after all, we'll lie another day? And through it all we'll find some other way to carry on through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare or wash away the blood? Well tonight, well tonight will it ever come? Spend the rest of your days rockin' out just for the dead. Well tonight, well tonight will it ever come? I can see you awake anytime in my head
Did we all fall down?
Did we all fall down?
Did we all fall down?
Did we all fall down?
From the lights to the pavement, from the van to the floor, from backstage to the doctor, from the earth to the morgue. Morgue! Morgue! Morgue!
Well tonight, will it ever come? Spend the rest of your days rockin' out just for the dead. Well tonight, will it ever come? I can see you wake anytime in my head
All fall down, well after all...”


Callie smiled her most genuine smile she had done in years. The roar of the crowd gave her heartache to sing. She looked back. The guys smiled at her. She beamed back at them. She looked into their eyes. Her heart gave a thump. She looked at the crowd and relaxed.

“Finally” She thought, “I’m home”