Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 123

“What took you two so long to get back?” he whispered, and I shrugged as I shed my clothes and slipped into my pajama pants before crawling into my makeshift bed.

“We fell asleep,”

“Oh… you tired her out?” Jared asked with a smirk, and I reached up and smacked his leg before making myself comfortable.

“You’re disgusting, I hope you know that. She’s supposed to be like a sister to you, you aren’t supposed to say stuff like that,” I grumbled, to which he just shrugged.

“Whatever, doesn’t change the fact that’s what happened,” I rolled my eyes, and he shifted awkwardly.

“What?”

“So… you’re wanting to get her a ring?” he asked, and I realized he must’ve heard my conversation with dad.

“Yeah… kind of. I just don’t know what to do,” I admitted, and he opened his laptop, put in his password and pushed it towards me.

“We were talking about our families and all that stuff one day… and when I heard you talking to dad it made me think of this,” he explained, and while I was still a bit confused I pulled the laptop towards me and looked at the page.

“A C-clod-Jesus I can’t even say it,”

“It’s a Claddagh ring; her family’s Irish and it’s an Irish, well, promise ring isn’t the right word, it’s got different meanings,” he said, and I nodded as I kept reading the webpage. I had to hand it to the kid; it was a really good idea he’d come up with.

“So how did you know about this in the first place?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“When we were talking about it she said how her grandfather had worked for years to save up enough money for one to guy for her grandmother, and then when her dad went to propose to her mom it was passed down. It’s kind of an Irish family tradition, but since her parents didn’t have a boy and girls don’t usually propose…” he shrugged, and I nodded.

“So… then where would I be able to find one of these?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“That I don’t know, I spent few minutes before you came in here just trying to find that. What do you think I am, Superman?” he asked, and I laughed before handing him back his laptop, and probably surprising him with a hug.

“No, but you’re pretty damn close. Thanks bro,”

“Anytime Jord. You know I want her to stay around almost as much as you do,” he whispered, and again I nodded.

“That’s going to be tomorrow’s mission then; I’m going to see what I can do about finding her one,” I said.

“Does that mean I can have Cam all to myself tomorrow?” was his eager question.

“Oh I guess, seeing as I want to surprise her and that means she can’t come with me to pick it out,” I allowed, and he fist-pumped before flopping back onto his mattress.

“This will be so much fun! I hardly got to hang out with her since you guys got home!” was his reply, and I chuckled before we both made ourselves comfortable and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is so short!