‹ Prequel: One Last Kiss
Status: Finished

I Must Be Dreaming

Missing

Edward Cullen sat at his piano gently running his fingers over the keys without pressing them. His hands held the hat Shea wore last. The only thing he had left of the girl that held his heart even in death. If he could cry, he would be. A small sigh escaped his lips. He was thankful to be alone, his family was out hunting, he had just gone yesterday. And he had gone to the spot she died at. The scent of her blood was in the soil it was as close to her as he could get now.

He often went to the lake Shea had found and just sat there, remembering the time he was with her. Even though he had only known Shea for a few months, he loved her. More than anything in the world. The feeling of guilt over whelmed him as he looked down at her hat, he should have protected her. He should have saved her. But he didn’t get there in time.

The door opened to reveal his family looking at him. He slowly stood up and looked at them as well. He noticed the pack behind them and his curiosity spiked with interest. The feud may be over, but to have them all in the same room was rear.

“Something is coming” Alice said. “What is it?” His own voice surprised him. He didn’t talk much. Mostly he stayed by himself, in his room with some of Shea’s stuff remembering. “I don’t know, it’s blocked, but something is coming Edward. Something…big” Alice said. He nodded and they all walked into the living room as Edward walked up the stairs. He placed Shea’s hat on his shelf and looked at the picture of them at the Lake. It was taken just a few weeks before Shea had died.

Slowly Edward walked back down the stairs to join the others in the living room. He stood leaning against he wall and was slightly shocked when Paul walked over to him. Paul, who had been known to hate vampires more then any other wolf willing walked over to him. “We miss her too” the words caused Edward to look over at Paul, who’s eyes were glazed with tears as he looked at the picture of Shea sitting on top of the fireplace.

A knock on the door caused Everyone to freeze. Edward slowly walked over to the door and opened it. His eyes widened as he looked at the woman in front of him. He would know those eyes anywhere. A small smiled formed on the girls face as she looked at the man in front of her. “Edward” Edward stood froze as her voice flooded his ears. It was like his heart started all over again, her scent, so strong filled his nose and he wished nothing more then to touch the girl in front of him.

“Shea…”
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe i'm so excited for this story!