Status: Semi-Active

Breathe Hope in Me

Flinch

"Kayla this is Andrea." Zack smiles.

"Ah, so you're the one who sent those pictures to Johnny's lady?" I ask.

"Don't blame me. I didn't know who you were. But I'm sorry about that."

The front door opened and Johnny came in. He glared at Kayla and looked at me. "Where's Janelle?"

"Sleeping."

He nods and sits down. Matt looks at me, "Drea, can I speak with you?"

I walk into the kitchen and he follows.

"Gates took your friend home.. He and Michelle are still together. Just tell her be careful. She's a nice chick and I don't want to see her get hurt."

I nod. "I understand, I'll tell her. Matt, I'm not staying here for long. Just until after the funeral."

"What? Why?" He asks. "why would you take her from Johnny? we all know he's her Dad."

"He doesn't want anything to do with her."

"Doesn't seem like it. The way he's come off is that you and Janelle mean everything to him."

"We mean nothing to him. The only thing that matters at this point is his rock star life and his ditsy blond girlfriend."

"Andrea-"

"I don't want to hear IT, Matt."

I walk past him and look at Zack, "Keep an eye on her? I'm going for a walk."

"I'll come with." Johnny smiles.

Zack nods and I leave the house. Johnny in toll. I walk fast enough he can't meet me unless he runs.

"Andrea, slow down. Fuck."

I looked at him, and stopped. He caught up and looked at me. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"Nothing."

"Calm down." He says.

"I'm fine."

He raised his hand and I flinched. He moved a strand of hair from my face.

"You're afraid of me?!"

"No."

"Liar."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Andrea. You wouldn't have flinched if you weren't."

"What do you expect?"

"I've changed. Give me a chance, please. I want to be in our daughters life. Don't take her from me."

"Johnny-"

"Drea, please. I'm begging you not to take her from me. She is already my everything. Twenty four hours is all I needed to realize what I've missed out on. I'm sorry. Please stay here." He grabbed my hand and kissed it lightly.

"I don't know. I'll think about it."

We walked down the street and stopped by the little park. I walked over to the swing and sat down. He stood in front of me, pushing me up on the swing. His face was only inches away from mine. I hugged his neck as his arms snaked around my waist. He looked at me and soon pressed his lips to mine. For that instant, everything felt right. Until his phone rang.

He pulled away and answered his phone. I looked at him. "Yeah? I'm at Matt and Val's. Okay. I love you, too."

I push past him and walk off. I walk down the familiar street to my Matt's house. I walk in and look at Val. I walk into the den and see Zack. He has Ellie pressed to his chest as he holds her bottle. I smile at him and he looks at me.

"Can I talk to you?"

He nods and gets up, he puts Ellie in her seat, carefully and buckles her before looking at me.

"What is it, Pipsqueak?"

"Let's go for a quick walk, I need to talk to you in private."

He looks at me but nods. We walk out front and sit down on the steps.

"I don't think I'll stay."

"Why?"

"If I stay, I'd ruin Johnny relationship. I'd mess everything up."

"No, you won't Andrea."

"Zacky, yes I will. All I've ever done is cause trouble for everyone."

"No. Stay. Andrea, you can't leave. Johnny is way too attached to Ellie. And she's my little baby too," He pouts.

"That's not the point, Zack. I have no where to live. I have no job."

"You can stay with me and I'll help you get a job."

"Zack-"

"Yes! that's perfect!"

"I don't know." I frown.

"You're staying with me until you can get back on your feet!"

"I have money, I can buy a small house, after I sell the house in Santa Barbara."

"Okay. We'll call a Realtor tomorrow!"

"Okay."

I gave into staying. Looks like I'd have to talk to Nikki. I pulled out my phone and called her. After three rings she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, will you guys come to Matt's? I need to talk to all of you."

"Okay." she says. "We'll be there in a few."

"Hurry."

"Kay. Bye."

"Later." I hung up and looked at Zack.

He hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. "I love you.." He said.

"Shut up, Baker. You suck." I said.

"What? Why?" He faked hurt.

I walked out of the kitchen and sat on the couch. Val had Ellie in her arms and she smiled at me. Johnny looked at me and sighs. I take Ellie out of Val's arms and walk into the den, I pack up her diaper bag and put it on my shoulder before putting Ellie in her car seat and buckling her in. I walk upstairs and look at Johnny.

"I'm going to my parent's." I say and I leave.

○○○

Haven't updated for a while but it's cuz I was grounded.. Uh.. I still technically am but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'll be updating a lot more again. :D