Status: Semi-Active

Breathe Hope in Me

Put In Your Place

"Uh, Andrea and Janelle Sullivan?" The Doctor called.

Johnny and I got up, I held Ellie tight to my chest and we walked over to the Doctor. He lead us into a small room and smiled at me.

"What do we need done today?"

"D.N.A tests. To prove he's the father."

The doctor looked at me and raised his eyebrow. "Since the baby is asleep, we'll get his D.N.A first."

Johnny looked at me and I sighed. The doctor pulled out a cotton swab from the drawer and Johnny opened his mouth. I woke up Janelle and sat her on my lap, she laughed at Johnny then looked around the room. She let out a simple cry and I pulled her up to me and give her a small kiss. She looks at me and smiles. The doctor puts Johnny's DNA sample in a plastic bag. He came towards me and Ellie, I held her mouth open while he swabbed her cheek. Once he was finished he put hers in a bag as well and looked at me.

"In about a week we should have the results. Anything else at the moment?"

I shook my head, "She's fine. Thank you."

He smiled and led us out of the room. We walked into the car.

"Are we going to Huntington?" Johnny asks.

"I need to pack some stuff but yeah, we can. I have to go help my parents with the funeral."

He nodded and drove to my house.

*

I packed most of my clothes, because I was actually considering moving back to Huntington. I looked at Johnny, who was glaring at me from the door.

"What?" I asked him.

"Why did you give her the middle name 'Elizabeth'?"

"Because, Jimmy liked it and I did too."

"Why would Jimmy's opinion matter?"

"His opinion matters because he is my older brother and he was the one who helped me throughout the whole pregnancy. Unlike her father."

"You never asked me to."

"The day I told you I was pregnant you told me that I was a whore and you wanted nothing to do with me or this baby!"

"Serious? Still going to hold that against me?!" He chuckled.

"Johnny! You told me with a straight face that you didn't want this baby to be yours. And then you called me a slut and slapped me. So I packed and left. And a few weeks later, Jimmy figured out that's why I left and he helped me throughout the whole pregnancy. I had to beg him not to tell you or anyone. If he would have told you," I say.

"You would have went berserk. Like you did the first time. You ARE her father and you don't have to be in her life but the rest of MY family will be. Zack and Matt. Brian and Val. they will. And whether or not you want to see me you will because I'm sure as hell not taking this baby out of Zack's life. He's way too attached to her already and she is just as attached to him. Don't act like you don't want her to be yours." I yell at him.

"I hit you?" He growls.

"Don't play that Innocent game with me!"

"I hit you?" He walks towards me.

I nod. "Yes, remember the time I couldn't go into the pool because the cover up on my throat would come off? And what was under that cover up? A few hickeys? I don't think so! They were bruises from you choking me! Right?"

"Andrea, watch your tone with me." He tells me.

"Watch my tone? Watch my tone?" I laugh.

I walk past him and into Janelle's room, I pick her up from her crib and put her into her car seat. I buckle it and set it in the living room. I run up to her room to get her pink elephant and place it carefully next to her.

Johnny looks at me, his brown eyes black and empty. "You ho." He growls.

"What'd I do this time?" I ask.

"You ran off! You were pregnant with my baby and fucking ran off! And now I have to go through all this trouble of you coming back to Huntington with our daughter and I have to act like I never knew anything!"

"I was done being abused!"

"I never abused you! I put you in your place, Andrea."

"Put me in my place?" I ask.

He nods.

"And where was that? The place where I was scared to be alone with you not only while you were drunk but even when you were sober? The place when I had to hide my whole body?"

He walks towards me and glares at me, his brown eyes still cold and harsh.

"Hit me!" I say.

He comes closer to me and hugs me. "I'm sorry." he says into my hair.

I pull away and look at him, his eyes aren't dark and cold anymore but they're the usual shade of brown. I smile and pick up Ellie's seat. I walk out to my car and out her seat in and start taking bags out, Johnny helps. I lock up my house and looked at Johnny. He got into his car and I got into mine and drove off, Johnny following after me.

*

I pulled up in front of Matt's and got out, grabbing Ellie. I walk up to the front and walk in. Zack, Brian, Matt, Nicole, Val and a blond are sitting around the coffee table, talking. I smile and look at them.

"Hey, everyone." I say.

Zack looks up and smiles. "How's my niece?"

"She's asleep." I tell him.

"Can I hold her?"

"Zack, she's sleeping. You don't have to hold her all the time."

"But I wanna bond with her as much as I can before you guys go back!" He whined.

"Go back?" Val asks. "You're going back?"

"I don't know." I sigh.

"Where is Johnny?" Matt asks me.

I shrug. "No clue."

"I'll be right back," I say. I walk into the den to lay Ellie in her swing. I pull her out of her car seat and set her on the couch. "Zack!" I yell.

Ellie stirs and lets out a few cries, I give her a pacifier and she closes her eyes. Zack appears next to me.

"Yeah?"

I give him my car keys, "Go grab her bag please?"

He nods and walks off, I unbutton her onesie and wait for Zack to return with the diaper bag, when he does I take her diaper off and put a clean one on. I wrap her in her blanket and set her in her swing. Zack looks at me.

"There are suitcases in your car?"

"Yeah. I'll be here for alteast a week."

"Are you gonna go back?"

"I don't want to but I might have to." I frown.

"Nooooo!" He says. "Stay here with me and Val and Brian and Matt....and Johnny?"

I glare at him and sigh. He hugs me and kisses my temple. We sit on the couch and I lay on his shoulder.

"Drea, please stay. You can stay with me until you get a place of your own."

"Zacky, I can't."

"Why not?"

"I can't, I just, I'd feel like I was invading."

"You're my little sister, you can't invade my space anymore then you did when we were younger." He jokes.

"I'll think about it."

He kisses mt forehead and we get up, we walk upstairs and the blond glares at me. I smile and ignore it.