I'll Be the Cure to Your Depression

Thought My Depression Was Over

Ricky had, in fact, cured my depression. Every moment with him made me even happier than the day before. They were leaving back on their tour in a week and I didn’t want them to go. I couldn’t go with them because of my work. My cousin Kira was coming to live with me, so I was gonna spend the day getting the spare bedroom ready for her. I had just woke up, Ricky was taking a shower and I needed to get dressed and get started. As I was changing, Ricky’s phone went off. I walked over and picked it up. The caller I.D. showed a pic of a girl. My stomach twisted in knots as I answered. “Hello?” “Um hi is Ricky there?” “Who is this?” I asked, knowing something about this wasn’t right. “I should be asking you that. You are on my boyfriend’s phone after all.” I froze in place as the bathroom door opened and Ricky walked out wrapped only in a towel. “Who’s on the phone babe?” I could hear the girl on the other end start talking again, but I was too busy staring at Ricky, feeling my heart breaking in my chest. “Baby?” Ricky asked, moving over in front of me and reaching out to touch me. “Don’t fucking touch me Rick Olson!” I spat, throwing the phone at him. “Say hello to your fucking girlfriend!” I turned away from him and walked out the door into the hall and toward the stairs. “Zo, what’s going on?” Kinsey asked, walking out of her bedroom. “Why don’t you ask Ricky for the answer to that question?” I walked toward the stairs, Ricky’s hand catching my arm to stop me. “Baby can we talk?” “Fuck no!” I spat, pulling my arm away from him. “I have nothing to say to you and you have nothing to say that could fix this. Go talk to your fucking girlfriend and leave me alone!” Kinsey watched with wide eyes as I bolted down the stairs, passing the door just as the bell rang. I turned and flung it open out of anger. My cousin stared back at me with wide eyes. “Kira! I wasn’t expecting you until later.” I took her bags and guided her inside. “Zo, are you ok?” “Fuck no! But I’ll get better now that you’re here. I’m so glad you decided to move in with us.” “Yeah you’re practically my sister and Kinsey and Callie are awesome!” She smiled and turned to look behind me. I followed her gaze, watching Ricky bolt down the stairs pulling on his shirt. He locked eyes with Kira but quickly turned to me. “Zo, please can we talk.” “I don’t want to fucking talk to you Ricky.” I spat coldly and turned to Kira. “Come on I’ll introduce you to my boys.” I smiled softly at her and guided her to the kitchen. Kinsey and Callie came into the kitchen with Balz and Ryan and we all stood in awe at the messy kitchen, Angelo and Chris in the middle of it all. “Just what the hell is this?” I laughed, walking closer to them and taking in the whole scene. “We were uh…trying to make pancakes.” Chris said, scratching the back of his head. I laughed and so did the others behind me. I turned and looked at Kira, noticing her eyes locked on Chris. I smirked. “You wanna help me make pancakes Kira?” “Sure” she smiled, walking up beside me. “Chris, Angelo, this is my cousin Kira. She’s moving in.” “Hey,” Angelo smiled, grabbing a towel to wipe batter off his face. I looked at Chris and laughed. His mouth was hung open as he stared at Kira. “Chris you got a little drool.” I giggled, not knowing how I was keeping myself up from falling apart right now. I left him to stare at Kira and I went over to the stove, fixing the mess they made and making pancakes for everyone.

I was in the kitchen, still cleaning up the mess while everyone ate. I couldn’t eat right now, I would throw it up. Ricky was out on the deck, and I could feel his eyes locked on me, watching me as I washed the dishes. How could something so good crash so quickly? It just wasn’t fair. I had been depressed for so long, didn’t I deserve happiness? Didn’t I deserve an explanation from him? Apparently he didn’t think so. I finished up my work in the kitchen and walked back into the living room. “You all are doing the rest of the dishes.” I spoke, picking up my soda and taking a sip. “Ok enough with the bullshit what is going on with you and Ricky?” Kinsey spoke, standing up from her spot beside Balz. I gazed around at everyone’s awaiting faces. I couldn’t get out of this one. “Ricky was taking a shower this morning and I answered his phone…it was his girlfriend.” “What the fuck!? I thought he dumped that slut?” Ryan asked, looking at the other guys. “Apparently he didn’t break up with whoever it is. So Ricky and I never even started.” I replied, sitting my soda down. “You don’t mean that, do you?” Callie asked, her hand on Ryan’s. “Yes I do mean it. I don’t deserve this, I’ve lived with this my whole life.” “Come on Zo, you gotta know he didn’t mean to hurt you.” “Then why hasn’t he explained anything to me? Why do I have to suffer? I’m finished with this Chris, I’m sorry guys, but Ricky isn’t one of my boys anymore.” Everyone fell silent, their eyes locked behind me. I turned around, locking eyes with Ricky. “Do you really mean that Zo?” He spoke, barely above a whisper as he clutched tightly onto his cell phone. He must have been talking to his girlfriend. “Yes Ricky I do mean it.” “My heart’s been yours for years Zoey. You were my first love, you gotta know that. TJ took you away from me.” “And whoever this girl is took you away from me. So we’re even Rick Olson. We’re done.” And then I walked away, just wishing this was all a very bad dream and that I would wake up in his arms the next morning, but as the next morning came, I realized it was all real.
The day before they were leaving for tour we were all out at a public pool. I was lying in a chair next to Kira, as all the others were in the pool. She turned and looked at me, and I knew she wanted to say something. I didn’t look at her, I didn’t want to talk about it. “Zo, I need answers please? I need to understand what all this tension is about?” I let out a sigh and turned to look at her, pulling my sunglasses off. “Ricky and I have had this connection since we met in high school. We were reunited on my birthday, and I was happy. You know I’ve suffered from depression, and he was and still probably is the only person that can help me. But, the day you came, I had answered his phone. It was his girlfriend that I didn’t know he had.” “So he’s acted on his feelings for you without telling you he had a girlfriend?” I nodded and put my sunglasses on, laying back and closing my eyes. “I really do love him Kira, but if we can’t go two days without having something happening then how are we supposed to last?” “Love always finds a way to work Zo, you just have to let it happen.” “Like you and Chris?” I asked, opening my eyes to look at her. The blush that appeared on her face made me smirk. “Zoey this isn’t about me and Chris…or I meant Chris…I don’t like Chris…” She stumbled over her words and I laughed. “So you’ve been secretly staring at him since the day you came for no reason?” “I don’t…” She fell silent and I smirked in victory, closing my eyes yet again. “Kira come swim with me?” I opened my eyes again, a smirk hiding in my smile as Chris stood, soaking wet in front of Kira. “Uh…s…sure Chris…” “Hey Chris come here a minute.” I spoke, and he walked over, leaning down closer to me. “What’s up Zo?” “Go easy on her she might faint.” I whispered in his ear, a giggle escaping me as he chuckled and pulled Kira up from the chair, picking her up and cannonballing into the pool. I let out a content sigh as I watched them, ignoring the presence of someone walking up behind me.

-Kira’s P.O.V-
I clung to Chris’ neck, eyes shut tight as we resurfaced out of the water. “You ok?” He released his hold on my legs, but didn’t let me go. I nodded and opened my eyes, looking up at him. He really was beautiful. His hands moved down to my waist, my heart was pounding against my chest. I needed to do or say something so he wouldn’t hear it. “Can you tell me why Ricky hurt Zoey the way he did?” He looked down at me almost in shock. “Oh, I don’t know.” He let out a sigh. “Zoey’s like a sister to me. If I had seen this coming, I wouldn’t done something to stop it. We thought Ricky had broken up with Bridget a month ago. I guess he really didn’t.” I just nodded, deciding it’d be best to just drop it. His hands were still on my waist, my body practically right against his. “Chris come swim with us!” I turned and locked eyes with the two girls making their way over to Chris and me. “Sorry ladies,” Chris spoke, looking down at me. I blushed a crimson red, looking back at the two girls. “Come on Chris you don’t need to be touching that band slut, you’ll catch some nasty disease. That’s all she is,” the blonde one spoke, her friend nodding in agreement. I usually stood up for myself, but those words struck deep. I moved away from Chris. “Sorry I…I’ll just go back with Zo,” I moved toward the stairs, but he grabbed my arm. “No please, don’t let these bitches get to you.” He kept his hold on me and looked at the two girls. “Kira isn’t a slut. The only sluts in this pool, or even in this vicinity, are you two. The only reason you’re talking to me is because of who I am. I mean look at you honestly. A bleach blonde preppy girl, talking to me; do you even know the name of my band or what I even do?” “Of course you’re Chris and you sing,” The blonde spoke, looking at her friend for help. “Yeah for um…that one band…” “The band’s name is Motionless In White, and the Chris is the vocalist.” I answered, and took a deep breath. “And I’m not a slut, it’s not a crime to flirt with a guy you happen to like. Even if he is in a band,” I replied, watching their faces change expressions. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” I got out of the pool, ringing out my hair. Chris jumped out and followed after me, grabbing onto my hand. “You like me?” I sighed and stopped walking, looking up at him. “Look I know I barely know you and I know it’s crazy, but yes I do li-” I had no time to finish my sentence as his lips locked onto mine, his arms pulling me against his body. You wanna know a secret? Chris is an amazing kisser. ;P

-Zoey’s P.O.V-
“Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me?” I asked, opening my eyes and sighing. Ricky moved from behind me and sat down in the chair next to me. “Please Zo, hear me out.” “You can explain yourself, yes, but after that, I’m done.” He sighed and reached over for my hand, but I pulled away. “Don’t Ricky,” “I love you,” “That doesn’t matter anymore,” “That’s not true. All you need is love, Zo please…” “Just explain Ricky, save your breath for the rest of it.” He sighed and all I really wanted to do was kiss him and tell him everything was fine. But it wasn’t fine. He had a girlfriend. “Bridget and I have had our ups and downs…We had a fight the night before your birthday and I honestly thought we were finished. And then I saw you. God Zo, you have no idea how amazing it was seeing you. In that instant I knew everything was gonna get better. I knew that my feelings for you weren’t going to destroy me, because I knew I was given another chance. And I didn’t want Bridget to be the reason I had to let you go. Don’t you see that I love you Zo, I always have. Ever since high school, when TJ was there between us…don’t you remember that day Zo, when I came to your house.” “Of course I do Ricky, but that’s in the past. You have a girlfriend now, it’s high school all over again, but this time, our roles are reversed. You should’ve thought about all of this, and the possibilities before you acted on your feelings for me and also pulled me into this. I’m fucking depressed Ricky. I have been all my life and it’s not easy for me when the love of my life does something like this to hurt me. Now we’re done,” I put my sunglasses back on and walked away. My heart breaking all over again with every step I took.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments I wanna know what you guys think ^_^