I'll Be the Cure to Your Depression

The Best Birthday Ever

My stomach was still twisting and turning, making me feel sick to my stomach. He was still just staring at me, and I didn’t know what to do or say. “Zoey,” He mumbled so softly that I thought I had imagined that he spoke. I thought this until I felt his cold hand on my cheek. I gasped lightly, coming back to reality. He was still staring down at me. “Oh my God it is you.” I nodded slowly, moving a hand up to let it rest on his. “I knew it was your birthday. You’ve been on my mind ever since high school, and I always keep this day to think solely about you. Please tell me you’re the girl that I’m supposed to be meeting.” I smiled and leaned into his touch. “Yeah Ricky, it’s me.” He grinned and tugged lightly on my shirt. “Nice shirt,” I pushed him lightly with a smile on my face. “It was a birthday present and I was forced to wear it.” “Oh come on Zo, I know you dig me.” “Dig you?” I giggled at his choice of words, but I stopped when he suddenly pulled me against his chest. “R-Ricky…” “Come on, don’t turn me away this time. There isn’t a guy in your life is there?” I smiled and shook my head. “No Ricky, there hasn’t been since high school.” The smile that stretched across his lips brightened his whole face, and before I could do or say anything, he bent down and pressed his lips to mine. It was the most amazing feeling I had ever experienced. My arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me for the warmth his body was giving off. He pressed me back against the building, deepening the kiss to the point where I felt my knees trying to give out. Something wet and cold hit my cheek, causing me to pull away. I stared at Ricky for the longest time, wondering just what had fallen on my cheek. “What’s wrong Zo?” He asked softly, and then I saw a small white fleck float past us. “It can’t be…” I looked up toward the sky and nearly started sobbing. “It’s…snowing.” Ricky smiled and pulled me close to him as we watched the snowflakes start to pour from the sky. “Ricky, it’s never snowed on my birthday. Only on the day I was born, but never since that.” He grinned and pressed his lips to my forehead. “Well maybe God wanted it to snow for you today.” I smiled brightly and hugged him tight. “God Ricky, I’ve regretted letting you go ever since you walked away from me that day.” “Shh…let’s not talk about that right now.” I smiled and watched as he slowly leaned back down to my face. “There you two are! Get your asses in here. It’s time to get the birthday girl completely trashed!” Ricky and I both turned and I smiled as Chris poked his head out the door. “I second that motion.” Ricky smirked at me and pulled me through the door.

This had been the absolute best birthday ever. I got my boys back, and Kinsey got her wish, but she definitely didn’t have to rape him. By the end of the night I was stumbling down the street, attached to Ricky’s hip as we talked about what’s happened in each other’s lives. We weren’t completely trashed, and for that I was thankful. The streets were now covered in a blanket of snow and I grinned as I gazed across the street at the park. “Come on Mr. Olson.” I grabbed onto his hand and ran across the street. I released his hand as soon as my feet hit the snow and I bent down, scooping some of the snow into my hand and forming a perfect ball. “What are you doing babe?” I grinned and rose up, smashing the snowball in his face then taking off through the park. “Oh you wanna play that game huh?!” He called after me, but I didn’t speak. I just kept running. I was doing great until I felt the coldness of a snowball collide against my back. “Ha I got you!” Ricky yelled in victory. I came to a halt and scooped down again, gathering a snowball then turning, throwing it and hitting his chest. “Alright, I’ll give you that one.” He bent down to get a snowball and I took off again, flinging snow all over the place as my feet sunk into it. Before I could blink, my feet were in the air and I was no longer on the ground. Then I realized what it was. Ricky had grabbed me, and now we were tumbling toward the ground. We landed in the snow with a light thud, and I instantly started laughing. Ricky rolled over on his side facing me. My eyes were still closed and I just enjoyed the feel of snowflakes hitting my face. They suddenly stopped hitting my face and I opened my eyes, finding myself staring into Ricky’s. A smile spread across my face and I placed a cold hand on the back of his neck, pulling his face closer to mine. “You’re so beautiful Zoey.” A light blush crept over my cheeks at his words. “Thank you Ricky, but come on you just take my breath away.” He shook his head and leaned down closer to my face. “Zo, you have no idea what just looking at you does to me.” I felt the heat rising to my cheeks again as I stared up at him. “Come on let’s get you out of the cold.” He helped me up and wrapped his arms around me as we walked.

“There’s the two love birds!” Callie called out to me as I pulled Ricky through the door. I smiled as all the guys, minus Kinsey and Balz, were sitting around in the living room. “What have you two been up to?” Chris asked, in a fake fatherly tone. “Oh you know, running the streets, having sex in dark allies…” I giggled at my own words as Ricky cracked up laughing. His arms wrapped around my waist and he rested his chin on my shoulder. “You two are grounded.” Ryan laughed, moving his arm around Callie’s shoulder. I smirked, “Oh and look at this, does Ryan have a crush?” Callie turned bright red and looked up at Ryan, who simply smiled down at her. “Yeah, so what if I do?” “I think it’s cute!” I smiled and walked over to Ryan, lightly pushing him closer to Callie, causing their lips to collide. I giggled evilly and skipped to the kitchen, Ricky following close behind. “Aren’t you sneaky Ms. Baker?” I giggled and hopped up on the counter. “Why yes Mr. Olson I am.” He smirked and walked up to me, resting his hands on my thighs as he leaned his forehead against mine. “You’re the best birthday present ever Ricky.” He smiled and pressed a light kiss to my forehead. “I’m all yours Zo, always have.” I smiled and cupped both sides of his face, slowly bringing our lips together in a simple yet wonderful kiss. “Come on kiddies get a room.” Chris laughed as he pulled open the fridge and grabbed a beer. Ricky pulled away from me and jokingly glared at Chris. “Well you heard the man Ricky. Let’s go,” I smirked at his shocked expression as I grabbed his hand, hopped off the counter, and pulled him up the stairs toward my room. “Um Zo,” He whispered when I pulled him into my room and softly shut the door, and flicked off the light. “Relax Mr. Olson, I only wanted time alone with you. There’s nothing to be nervous about.” I laced our fingers together and pulled him with me to lie down on the bed. “I’m not nervous I just-” “Ricky baby, your hands are starting to sweat.” I smiled and brushed his slightly damp hair out of his face. “Maybe I’m just hot.” “You are hot Ricky, but that’s not what’s making you sweat.” I giggled lightly and kissed his cheek. “I just wanted you to hold me is all.” “I can do that,” He smiled at me and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms protectively around me and pulling the blanket over us. “You know, I’ve imagined this for so long, that it’s almost like this is a dream.” He whispered, as he rested his chin on the top of my head, while my head rested on his chest. “This is real Ricky. I promise you this is a real.” After a few minutes of silence I was beginning to doze off, until Ricky whispered something that I hadn’t heard from anyone ever before. “I’ll be the cure to your depression Zoey.” I clutched tighter onto him, forcing the tears away from my eyes as sleep started to overcome me. “I promise you Zo, I’m never letting you go again, never.” And I believed that he would indeed cure my depression.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter, and no I don't think I'm gonna let this be the end of it, so please comment and I'll see what I decide...