Status: Co-Write

Right Place at the Wrong Time

Even

I wrung my hands waiting for her to respond. I was beyond nervous. After I had agreed Zak and I had talked out the details of how this would work and everything which is why I had been in his room so long. She still wasn’t answering so I tried to change the subject.

“Oh pizza!” I was honestly excited about an actual meal along with trying to take the focus off of my sister.

I sat beside her and grabbed myself a plate and two slices not really worried about looking like a pig unlike my sister was probably worried about.

The guys remained quiet and finally she spoke up.

“What did you say?” She asked carefully.

“Um, Zak and I talked about it and he asked us for our help and I agreed,” I said quickly.

“Without talking to me?”

“Zak and the guys need our help, you seen how they almost got killed back there,” I defended.

I leaned closer to my sister and whispered into her ear. “I don’t want another demon taking someone’s life when we could’ve done something,” sympathy crossed her features.

“Okay,” she muttered and I jumped up excitedly.

“Really?” I asked and she nodded.

I hugged her.

“But next time a big decision is made without me you’re so dead,” she warned and I nodded.

“You guys are running from the cops?” Zak shouted.

I looked at him confused, how did he know? The guys were standing next to him. I shot my sister a questioning look.

“I told the guys about our… situation…” She confessed.

“You what?!” I took a deep breath and calmed myself. “Even?” I asked and she nodded.

“Yeah we’re even.”