Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.20

“Why are you in the family business? You seem too nice,” I looked up at his hard exterior, he really was a sweet guy on the inside. He had pampered me since arriving under his watchful eyes.

“Because it’s just that, family business. I wanted to be a doctor,” he sniffled and absently rubbed his nose. “But dad, he had to have it his way, you know.”

“Yeah I know,” I muttered knowing how it felt to have a parent control your future, I had felt it my whole life. “But you don’t have to be a murderer for your father.”

“It’s kill or be killed, kid. If I tried to leave this life, he’d have Ray kill me in a heartbeat and knowing my sick bastard of a brother, he wouldn’t care to do it,” Dominick sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“I wish there was a way, you’re too good for this life, I can see it in you,” I patted his hand. “You could come live with me, be my body guard.”

“Whose gonna save my neck when someone’s out for me?” he laughed at the thought. “It’s a good idea; queenie but it ain’t ever gonna work. I was born to do this, be a scumbag that will rot in hell when I die.”

“Get me out of here and James can make it happen that you’ll never see a jail cell for your crimes,” I begged as I held onto his hand. “I have a priest that can wash your sins, if that’s what you want. This is a chance, Dominick.”

“Your adorable, Grace,” he put his hand on my cheek and looked at me so sweetly. “I hope you make it home soon, you don’t need all this stress with a baby.”

“Dominick, please,” I put my hand over his. “You can live with me, change your name, and start over.”

“And what makes you think you’d be in any less danger there with me?” he asked removing his hand from my cheek. “I’m a bad guy.”

“You are a good guy, I know it,” I whispered, begging for him to see it my way. “Dominick, I’m pleading with you, give it a try, your worth so much more.”

Dominick looked torn, he was sure that if he left, his father would have him killed but the way he looked at me, I knew he had hope that I could keep him safe and I would, no matter the price.

______________________________________________________________

WHAM!

“Stop!” I screamed and threw myself in front of Dominick, who was already on his feet and ready to fight. Five men surrounded us as I held my hands up in a surrenders stance, “Stop,” I yelled one last time before I turned to access Dominick real quick, he had a bloody lip but he seemed fine. “Do you not listen to a damn thing I say?”

“He’s the one that took you!” James shouted back, sounding just as angry as I was.

“He’s also the one that brought me home without as much as a scratch, where the hell were you?” I screamed until my throat stung. He, his team of rebel fighting special op assholes and Colin backed up a few steps. “Dominick was following his father’s orders; he didn’t want to take me. He took care of me, made sure I was eating and safe. He brought me back the first chance he got, even though he’s likely to have a hit out on him tomorrow for betraying them,” I pointedly looked at every man staring at me. “That’s courage, it takes guts to go against family, instead of attacking him, you should be thanking him. He saved you a damn trip!”

“We were coming tonight, we were planning and-“James tried to explain the delay but I was beyond his words, to damn pissed to listen so I cut him off.

“Whatever your reason, Dominick brought me home faster than you can get your shit together,” I snapped and held my hand out for Dominick. “Come on, I’ll show you where your sleeping.”

“What do you mean where he’s sleeping, Grace!?” James shouted, walking after Dominick and I. “Grace!”

“Dominick is my personal body guard from now on; he has a clean slate so be nice. I don’t want to hear anything negative or different from anyone,” I told him firmly, my mind was made up and my decision was final. “He’s staying in the room two doors down from ours.”

“This is insane, Grace!” James outburst did nothing to affect me.

“The good things in life usually start out that way, James,” I told him calmly and then turned around and walked on upstairs.

“Thank you,” Dominick looked down at me once we reached his door. “No one’s ever stood up for me like that.”

“You’re welcome; don’t let them bully you around. You’re here because I want you here,” I told him quickly and squeezed his hand. “Sleep well; we’re going shopping for you some new clothes tomorrow morning.”

“Good night, Grace,” he bent and kissed my forehead; I nodded and turned to go back to my room. I intended to go to sleep without James but when I turned, there at the end of the hallway stood James in a fury.

“Don’t jump to conclusions, looks can be deceiving as we have already found out, my love,” I told him wisely as I waved for him to follow me into our room.

“Why is he kissing you goodnight, Grace? You are my wife!” he started to get jealous and rant about it but my laughter stopped him. “He could kill us in our sleep, Grace. He’s a part of the biggest Italian Mafias in Italy.”

James was nothing short of freaking out, I sighed. “I promised him a life where he didn’t have to kill anyone under his father’s command and he kissed my head as a thank you,” I told him calmly but the more he yelled, the angrier I got. “He is a good man, James and you’re judging him on his past before you’ve even got to know him.”

“He’s a good man? Your so naïve, Grace!” he shouted, his Irish accent growing increasingly hard to decipher his words. “He’s done this his whole life, he can’t change who he is. You’re going to end yourself! I won’t let him kill you, just because you’re trying to be kind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been so long since I've updated but I've been covering shifts at work because stupid people quit without notice. I'm exhausted and I just woke up, I hope you enjoy it.

Give me a little feedback if you would, I'd really appreciate some hefty amounts of comments.

Thank you!

Image